Private schools for learning disabilities in Connecticut: Boarding schools for kids with dyslexia & ADHD, special needs boarding high school for US & international students, residential programs in the New York-Newark-Bridgeport area for teens with dysgraphia, dyscalculia, ADD....
Forman School, Litchfield: Located in Litchfield, CT, Forman School is a coeducational college-preparatory boarding and day school offering grades 9-12 and postgraduate to students with identified learning differences including dyscalculia, dyslexia, dysgraphia and ADD/ADHD. Our community is comprised of 175 students from 22 states and 12 countries.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
College Preparatory Programs (grades 9-12):
- English; Mathematics; History, including U.S. History; Science, including two lab sciences; Thinking and Writing; Strategies Instruction; Perspectives in Learning; Arts; World Language; Winterim, Community Service.
- 26 competitive athletic offerings, extensive visual and performing arts programs, boat building, sign language, rock and jazz band, theater, videography and photography, and the Costa Rican Rain Forest Project.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
The Marvelwood School, in Kent, Connecticut (2 hours from New York City), is an accredited, college preparatory, co-educational boarding school offering Grades 9-12.
Marvelwood's mission is to strengthen the foundation that leads to personal growth and academic success. We seek young people willing to get involved in their own education and committed to the challenge of preparing for college.
Our school is an optimistic place that provides a structured, supportive and challenging environment, celebrates diversity, and awakens untapped potential. Marvelwood is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
With 170 students, the school is small enough for everybody to know everybody else. That also means that every person plays an important role in the life of the school. Students can find roles they are comfortable in as well as responsibilities that challenge them.
The Glenholme School is located in Washington, a town in Litchfield County CT.
The school combines a traditional boarding school experience and a therapeutic atmosphere complemented by a positive, motivational program, devoted to young people (ages 10-21) who struggle with Asperger's, ADHD, depression, anxiety, and various learning differences.
The Glenholme School offers challenging extracurricular courses to instruct students in grades 5 through post-graduate (PG) to achieve competence, socially and academically. The graduates of Glenholme matriculate to colleges and universities and go on to meaningful careers.
Instruction, in both self-contained and departmentalized classes, comprises elements of small group and individualized instruction through diverse curricula and presentation methods. These varied approaches help to meet individual learning styles and course work needs.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is an IB-authorized traveling high school. There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• THINK Global School provides high school students with a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• We offer students ages 14-18 from the U.S. and around the globe the opportunity for a life-changing journey. Students explore the world, studying in three new international cities each academic year.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 20 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• TGS has been authorized as an official IB World School by the International Baccalaureate Organization, and is accredited by the U.S.-based Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
TGS's Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
- 2017-18: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
- 2016-17: Canada, Morocco & Peru
- 2015-16: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
- 2014-15: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
- 2013-14: India, Tanzania, Japan
- 2012-13: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
- 2011-12: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
- 2010-11: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!"
- TGS Residential Advisor
• International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program for Grades 11-12
The school year consists of three terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from New Hampshire and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."