College preparatory boarding school in Connecticut: Private boarding high school for boys in New England. All-boy residential education for teens from Bridgeport, Stamford, New Haven, Norwalk, Hartford, VT, NY, IL, RI, MA, PA, NC, NH, NJ, CA, TX, FL, WA..
Putnam Science Academy: Located in Putnam, CT, Putnam Science Academy is a private boarding school for boys offering a comprehensive college preparatory program focusing on science, mathematics, and technology. PSA is a small structured school delivering a rigorous, innovative educational program. Our goal is to soundly prepare students for acceptance into quality colleges and universities across the United States and to foster their future success in the world beyond.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Boarding School Programs for boys (Grades 9-12) - We offer a full high school program 9th-12th with a complete curriculum in each school.
- We provide traditional courses and extracurricular classes such as AP Math, SAT, ESL, JAVA, 3D Modeling, Web Design. Advanced Placement Program. High School Intensive English Program, Summer ESL Camp.
- Each Year Putnam Science Academy awards four fully funded scholarships and one partial scholarship. The full scholarships were established primarily on the basis of academic qualification.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Located in Great Barrington, in the Berkshires area of west Massechusetts, The John Dewey Academy is a year-round college preparatory therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens ages 15-21.
Serving Grades 10-12 and Postgraduate students, we provide an individualized and comprehensive education in a non-traditional therapeutic school setting. Our students are bright, troubled adolescents with a history of self-defeating or self-destructive choices.
At The John Dewey Academy, we take our identity as a college preparatory school seriously. With a highly credentialed staff of dedicated and passionate teachers, a small class size (six students on average), and high demands and expectations, we provide a challenging academic experience.
At The John Dewey Academy, adolescents encounter a peer-based community of empowerment, an exciting educational environment, the challenge of real responsibilities, and the realistic promise of acceptance at a college of quality. In such an environment, they can change.
Situated in Stamford CT, just 40 miles north of New York City, The Beacon School is an accredited, college-preparatory private school that offers specialized, residential academic programs for international students.
Our Beacon Pathway Program and English Summer Immersion Camps offer students an opportunity to experience a comprehensive U.S. college preparatory curriculum while improving their English language skills, and living in the United States.
At Beacon, students with high-average to superior ability have the opportunity to pursue their passions, discover new interests, and develop their talents in an enriched academic setting guided by the tenets of gifted education.
Beacon’s mission is to provide an inspirational learning environment where students are free to be themselves, follow their passions, stretch their imaginations, and foster integrity.
Our students play an integral role in the development of their programs; we have found that by enlisting them in the educational process, we can instill in them a sense of ownership and personal direction.
Beacon Pathway Course:
- College Preparatory Coursework
- Intensive English Language
- Grade Appropriate Math, Science & History
- Athletics & Arts Electives
- Highly Regarded Test Preparation
- Double occupancy rooms for boarders
- Students leave Pathway with one year’s worth of credits at a US high school and admission to the best-fit school for you.
English Summer Immersion Camp:
- Duration: 3-6 weeks
- Accommodation in a hotel within walking distance of campus
- 25 hours of ESL Instruction per week
- After class activities with American peers
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!"
- TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Located in Westbrook, Middlesex County CT, Oxford Academy is a private boarding school offering individualized instruction to boys in Grades 8-12+ who have academic weaknesses or wish to accelerate their high school programs.
Through one-on-one instruction, students are able to work at their own pace and achieve success. In some instances, students are able to complete the equivalent of two years of high school in one year at Oxford.
Since 1906 Oxford Academy has provided young men ages 13-20 with a successful educational experience through one-to-one instruction in a structured boys boarding school with a close caring community of teachers and peers.
The rolling admissions policy allows Oxford to address each student's application immediately, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Individualized Instruction & Boarding School for Boys in Grades 8-12 and Postgrad:
- Foreign Language
- History/ Social Studies
- English As A Second Language (ESL)
- Post Graduate Program
- Summer Session
- College Preparatory Course...
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Massachusetts, across the U.S., and students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
The Glenholme School is located in Washington, a town in Litchfield County CT.
The school combines a traditional boarding school experience and a therapeutic atmosphere complemented by a positive, motivational program, devoted to young people (ages 10-21) who struggle with Asperger's, ADHD, depression, anxiety, and various learning differences.
The Glenholme School offers challenging extracurricular courses to instruct students in grades 5 through post-graduate (PG) to achieve competence, socially and academically. The graduates of Glenholme matriculate to colleges and universities and go on to meaningful careers.
Instruction, in both self-contained and departmentalized classes, comprises elements of small group and individualized instruction through diverse curricula and presentation methods. These varied approaches help to meet individual learning styles and course work needs.