Boarding school in Litchfield County CT: Private boarding high school in New England with college prep programs for boys & girls. Co-ed residential education for students from Hartford, New Haven, Stamford, Bridgeport, Norwalk, Litchfield County, VT, RI, MA, NY, IL, NH, NJ, PA..
The Marvelwood School: The Marvelwood School, located in Kent, Connecticut (2 hours from New York City), is an accredited, college preparatory, private boarding school offering grades 9 - 12.
The Marvelwood School is located in Kent, a town in Litchfield County, Connecticut, alongside the border with New York. Kent is situated in the north east of the U.S.A., 2 hours from New York City/White Plains, 3 hours from Boston and 1.5 hours from Bradley International Airport.
From New York City/White Plains (approx. 2 hours):
- Take I-684 North (from the Saw Mill River Parkway or from I-287) to the end, where it becomes two-lane highway Route 22. Follow 22 North, passing through Pawling, NY. In Wingdale, NY, bear right onto Route 55 East, and follow this to its end, in Gaylordsville, CT. Make a left onto Route 7 North to Kent, CT.
- Once in Kent, turn left at the stoplight and monument onto Route 341 West. Cross the bridge over the Housatonic River and make an immediate right onto Skiff Mountain Road. Go 4.5 miles (7 km) to the top of the hill, and make a right at the Marvelwood sign.
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2019-04-23 were from:
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
Situated in Thompson, Windham County CT (1 hour from Boston), Marianapolis Preparatory School (MPS) is an accredited, co-ed, college preparatory day & boarding school offering Grades 9-12 and a postgraduate year.
Academics are the heart of a Marianapolis education, and each student thrives within a rigorous college preparatory course of study.
Marianapolis nurtures students to become responsible and independent learners, as well as challenges students with an exciting and extensive program emphasizing breadth of intellectual exposure, depth of study, and significant out-of-class preparation.
The mission of Marianapolis Preparatory School is to educate students in the Catholic tradition of academic excellence, with a commitment to an active faith in God and a dedication to building character with content, compassion, and integrity.
Marianapolis Preparatory School is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Connecticut State Department of Education.
Co-ed Day & Boarding School Programs for Grades 9-12 & Postgrad:
Subjects & programs include:
- World History
- U.S. History
- Foreign Language
- Fine Arts
- Arts and Music
- Summer School
- Advanced Placement
- Honors Programs...
Located on picturesque Gardner Lake in Oakdale, in New London County CT, St. Thomas More School is an accredited college preparatory Catholic boarding school for boys. We offer Grades 8 - postgraduate for US students, and Grade 7 - postgraduate for international students.
Our current student population is approximately 200 students representing 15 states and six countries. Our school was founded in 1962 to serve young men with ability who have not yet fulfilled their potential.
At St. Thomas More you will learn an essential truth: the more you apply yourself, the more you will accomplish. In the small, familial community that is our school, we expect you to do more because we do more for you.
Classes are small, on average 11, so you can expect to learn more. We offer over 50 different courses in our high school curriculum with individual help available and a monitored evening study hall.
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
Located in Haverhill, Grafton County, New Hampshire, the Oliverian School is a private, alternative college-preparatory boarding school. Nestled on a 1,800-acre campus in beautiful Northern New Hampshire, the Oliverian School provides an inspiring, supportive, and challenging educational alternative for students in grades 9-12.
Here in the mountains of New Hampshire, in a unique school environment that combines stewardship, academics, and adventure, students find support, inspiration and success. Dormitories are structured to promote a family-like atmopshere, which in turn interact with the larger Oliverian community.
Oliverian students come from all over the country from a variety of different circumstances and traditions. The school aims to serve students who are academically capable of serious work and aspire to a college education, but who are not succeeding or have not found success in traditionally structured schools.
A student with minimal learning difficulties will find success at Oliverian. Diverse, motivating and thought-provoking offerings at Oliverian afford possibilities for each student to build competency and character in a secure and healthy school setting.
Co-Ed Boarding Programs for Students in Grades 9-12:
- College preparatory curriculum with core areas focusing on science, language arts, mathematics, social studies and foreign languages as well as the areas of stewardship, experiential education, health and physical education and the fine arts
- ACT and SAT Test Preparation
- Electives Weeks to allow students to explore new interests while gaining academic credit
- Personal Growth Adventure Program
- Athletics and Leisure Program
Choate Rosemary Hall (Choate) represents the best in American secondary education.
Located in Wallingford, CT (2 hours by car/train from Boston & New York), Choate is a private, college-preparatory, coeducational boarding and day school offering third form through sixth form (grades 9-12), including a post-graduate year option.
Our balanced curriculum offers students a firm grounding in the fundamentals of clear thinking and expression — with emphasis on individual development.
Students new to Choate sometimes ask what they need to do to "fit in." The answer is simple: Be yourself and get involved. Choate is a community that has long embraced students and faculty of many backgrounds, cultures, races, and beliefs.
What binds everyone together is not just the shared commitment to superior teaching and learning but the supportive atmosphere in the community. There is pride in the fact that there is no "typical" Choate student.
The Glenholme School is located in Washington, a town in Litchfield County CT.
The school combines a traditional boarding school experience and a therapeutic atmosphere complemented by a positive, motivational program, devoted to young people (ages 10-21) who struggle with Asperger's, ADHD, depression, anxiety, and various learning differences.
The Glenholme School offers challenging extracurricular courses to instruct students in grades 5 through post-graduate (PG) to achieve competence, socially and academically. The graduates of Glenholme matriculate to colleges and universities and go on to meaningful careers.
Instruction, in both self-contained and departmentalized classes, comprises elements of small group and individualized instruction through diverse curricula and presentation methods. These varied approaches help to meet individual learning styles and course work needs.