Boys boarding high school in Connecticut: College prep boarding school in New England. All-boy residential education for teens from Hartford, Stamford, New Haven, Bridgeport, Norwalk, VT, NY, IL, RI, MA, NH, NJ, PA, NC, CA, TX, FL, WA..
Putnam Science Academy: Located in Putnam, CT, Putnam Science Academy is a private boarding school for boys offering a comprehensive college preparatory program focusing on science, mathematics, and technology.
PSA is a home away from home for our students and every effort is made to create a warm, welcoming family atmosphere.
PSA is a community that values accountability, responsibility, and respect. With our solid foundation in academics, students also gain confidence and respect living in a nurturing and caring atmosphere in our dormitory.
Our dormitory feature vertical housing, or students of all ages and grades; freshman through seniors. Our seniors are called upon to be leaders and role models in each dormitory.
Most of the dormitory rooms were furnished by friends of the school. Students, as a courtesy to these friends, in respect to their roommates, and in accord with the school's regulations, are expected to keep their rooms neat, clean, and free from abuse.
School / Office Address:18 Maple Street
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from New Hampshire and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
The Marvelwood School, in Kent, Connecticut (2 hours from New York City), is an accredited, college preparatory, co-educational boarding school offering Grades 9-12.
Marvelwood's mission is to strengthen the foundation that leads to personal growth and academic success. We seek young people willing to get involved in their own education and committed to the challenge of preparing for college.
Our school is an optimistic place that provides a structured, supportive and challenging environment, celebrates diversity, and awakens untapped potential. Marvelwood is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
With 170 students, the school is small enough for everybody to know everybody else. That also means that every person plays an important role in the life of the school. Students can find roles they are comfortable in as well as responsibilities that challenge them.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!"
- TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
The Glenholme School is located in Washington, a town in Litchfield County CT.
The school combines a traditional boarding school experience and a therapeutic atmosphere complemented by a positive, motivational program, devoted to young people (ages 10-21) who struggle with Asperger's, ADHD, depression, anxiety, and various learning differences.
The Glenholme School offers challenging extracurricular courses to instruct students in grades 5 through post-graduate (PG) to achieve competence, socially and academically. The graduates of Glenholme matriculate to colleges and universities and go on to meaningful careers.
Instruction, in both self-contained and departmentalized classes, comprises elements of small group and individualized instruction through diverse curricula and presentation methods. These varied approaches help to meet individual learning styles and course work needs.
Located on picturesque Gardner Lake in Oakdale, in New London County CT, St. Thomas More School is an accredited college preparatory Catholic boarding school for boys. We offer Grades 8 - postgraduate for US students, and Grade 7 - postgraduate for international students.
Our current student population is approximately 200 students representing 15 states and six countries. Our school was founded in 1962 to serve young men with ability who have not yet fulfilled their potential.
At St. Thomas More you will learn an essential truth: the more you apply yourself, the more you will accomplish. In the small, familial community that is our school, we expect you to do more because we do more for you.
Classes are small, on average 11, so you can expect to learn more. We offer over 50 different courses in our high school curriculum with individual help available and a monitored evening study hall.
Situated in Stamford CT, just 40 miles north of New York City, The Beacon School is an accredited, college-preparatory private school that offers specialized, residential academic programs for international students.
Our Beacon Pathway Program and English Summer Immersion Camps offer students an opportunity to experience a comprehensive U.S. college preparatory curriculum while improving their English language skills, and living in the United States.
At Beacon, students with high-average to superior ability have the opportunity to pursue their passions, discover new interests, and develop their talents in an enriched academic setting guided by the tenets of gifted education.
Beacon’s mission is to provide an inspirational learning environment where students are free to be themselves, follow their passions, stretch their imaginations, and foster integrity.
Our students play an integral role in the development of their programs; we have found that by enlisting them in the educational process, we can instill in them a sense of ownership and personal direction.
Beacon Pathway Course:
- College Preparatory Coursework
- Intensive English Language
- Grade Appropriate Math, Science & History
- Athletics & Arts Electives
- Highly Regarded Test Preparation
- Double occupancy rooms for boarders
- Students leave Pathway with one year’s worth of credits at a US high school and admission to the best-fit school for you.
English Summer Immersion Camp:
- Duration: 3-6 weeks
- Accommodation in a hotel within walking distance of campus
- 25 hours of ESL Instruction per week
- After class activities with American peers