Private boarding school in Connecticut: Co-ed boarding high school in New England with college preparatory programs. Residential education for boys & girls from New Haven, Hartford, Stamford, Norwalk, Bridgeport, Litchfield County, VT, RI, MA, NY, IL, NH, NJ, PA..
The Marvelwood School: The Marvelwood School is an accredited, college preparatory, private boarding school located in Kent, Connecticut, just 2 hours from New York City, we provide co-educational boarding school programs for students in Grades 9-12. Marvelwood's mission is to strengthen the foundation that leads to personal growth and academic success.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Marvelwood is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and is a member of The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS),The Connecticut Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS).
College Preparatory Boarding School Programs for Boys & Girls (Grades 9-12) - English
- Mathematics (Algebra, Geometry)
- Foreign Languages
- Arts/Electives (including Ethics & Public Speaking)
- Community Service
- Advanced Placement (AP) classes
- Honors credit available
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
The Glenholme School is located in Washington, a town in Litchfield County CT.
The school combines a traditional boarding school experience and a therapeutic atmosphere complemented by a positive, motivational program, devoted to young people (ages 10-21) who struggle with Asperger's, ADHD, depression, anxiety, and various learning differences.
The Glenholme School offers challenging extracurricular courses to instruct students in grades 5 through post-graduate (PG) to achieve competence, socially and academically. The graduates of Glenholme matriculate to colleges and universities and go on to meaningful careers.
Instruction, in both self-contained and departmentalized classes, comprises elements of small group and individualized instruction through diverse curricula and presentation methods. These varied approaches help to meet individual learning styles and course work needs.
Choate Rosemary Hall (Choate) represents the best in American secondary education.
Located in Wallingford, CT (2 hours by car/train from Boston & New York), Choate is a private, college-preparatory, coeducational boarding and day school offering third form through sixth form (grades 9-12), including a post-graduate year option.
Our balanced curriculum offers students a firm grounding in the fundamentals of clear thinking and expression — with emphasis on individual development.
Students new to Choate sometimes ask what they need to do to "fit in." The answer is simple: Be yourself and get involved. Choate is a community that has long embraced students and faculty of many backgrounds, cultures, races, and beliefs.
What binds everyone together is not just the shared commitment to superior teaching and learning but the supportive atmosphere in the community. There is pride in the fact that there is no "typical" Choate student.
Located in Westbrook, Middlesex County CT, Oxford Academy is a private boarding school offering individualized instruction to boys in Grades 8-12+ who have academic weaknesses or wish to accelerate their high school programs.
Through one-on-one instruction, students are able to work at their own pace and achieve success. In some instances, students are able to complete the equivalent of two years of high school in one year at Oxford.
Since 1906 Oxford Academy has provided young men ages 13-20 with a successful educational experience through one-to-one instruction in a structured boys boarding school with a close caring community of teachers and peers.
The rolling admissions policy allows Oxford to address each student's application immediately, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Individualized Instruction & Boarding School for Boys in Grades 8-12 and Postgrad:
- Foreign Language
- History/ Social Studies
- English As A Second Language (ESL)
- Post Graduate Program
- Summer Session
- College Preparatory Course...
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
If your teenage son or daughter is struggling with issues such as poor academic performance, behavioral problems, or addiction, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) may be the solution.
Established in 2002, TWAI is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school in Montana for troubled teens ages 13-18 from Rhode Island and across the U.S.
On our serene and safe 150 acre campus, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
We provide an extremely high standard of care for our students and their families, and offer help for the following issues: academic underachievement; learning disabilities; behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a student to staff ratio is 5:1, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
We create a customized program for each student that requires a minimum of 3 months. However, best results for lasting success are realized through 6+ months of treatment. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Forman School in Litchfield, CT is a coeducational college-preparatory boarding and day school offering grades 9-12 and postgraduates to students with identified learning differences including dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, and ADD/ADHD.
We are located in the scenic Northwest Hills of Connecticut, just 2.5 hours from New York City by car. Our community is comprised of 215 students from 25 states and 16 international countries.
A Forman education is based on the knowledge that students learn differently. An average class size of six and student-faculty ratio of 3:1 makes it possible to prepare each student for college and beyond. A strong close-knit community provides a secure place to live and learn.
At Forman, our students feel safe and the School becomes a second home. We are a community where relationships matter and where we watch out for and support each other. The sense of community and independence is evident every day, in all that we do.
Our program does not support students with a diagnosis of Autism or Aspergers, nor does it support students with behavioral or emotional difficulties.
College Preparatory Curriculum (grades 9-12 + PG):
- English; Mathematics; History, including U.S. History; Science, Executive Functioning, Thinking and Writing; Strategies Instruction, Perspectives in Learning, Arts; World Language, Winterim, Community Service.
- 26 competitive athletic offerings, extensive visual and performing arts programs, boat building, sign language, rock and jazz band, theater, videography and photography, and the Costa Rican Rain Forest Project.