River Cottage Chefs' School, Devon: River Cottage Chefs’ School provides accredited cookery training courses in east Devon in the South West of England (close to Exeter, between Plymouth and Bournemouth). We offer a range of quality chef training programmes for beginner to advanced levels, from young chef traineeships to a Professional Cookery Level 3 qualification. Students can also avail of our varied One-Day Accredited Cookery courses.
- Experienced and Highly-Qualified Tutors The Chef Tutors at River Cottage have a wealth of experience working and competing at Michelin, Culinary Olympics, Salon Culinaire, Bocuse D’Or, BBC Master Chef and many other prestigious establishments, events and competitions. The experiences of our Chef Tutors, combined with a passion for sustainable and seasonal food procurement has created something we believe is new and exciting in the world of culinary education
- Make the Most of Your Business We have extensive experience working with a variety of businesses, both new and established, helping them to operate a more sustainable operation, increasing profitability.
- Strengthen Your Culinary Credentials There are 11 accredited one day courses and qualifications in professional cookery at level 2 and 3 available. Do you want to strengthen your culinary credentials and improve your craft skills to propel your career in hospitality?
Professional Cookery Courses:
- 3-month Traineeship Programme
- 12-month Young Chef Apprenticeship Scheme
- Professional Cookery Level 2 Qualification
- Professional Cookery Level 3 Qualification
- One-Day Accredited Cookery Courses
• London Art Portfolio is a leading provider of art and design qualifications to UK and international students.
• Located in Wapping, Tower Hamlets, East London (and close to Tower Bridge), we offer a 24-week Foundation Course in Art and Design which could be ideal for anyone who would like to prepare to study for a Bachelor Degree in art, design or architecture.
• This practical, project-based art foundation course aims to help you to develop a strong, individual portfolio of creative work and decide on your future pathway. Specialist options include Architecture, Fashion Design, Fine Art, Graphic Design, and Textile Design.
Student Review: "London Art Portfolio helped me find my creative self again, it helped me learn how to develop my own projects and how to present them properly. Fantastic team, great tutorials, vibrant and inspiring atmosphere. I will be eternally thankful to London Art Portfolio." - Shanice
Experience a full range of accredited beauty, nails, massage and holistic courses with Portsmouth Beauty School (PBS) in the stunning seaside city of Portsmouth on England's south coast.
Affiliated with the West London School of Beauty, PBS is a new NVQ & VTCT training centre that offers a variety of beauty industry qualifications including Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists, BABTAC and Professional Beauty Direct accredited courses.
We are dedicated to providing high quality training in intensive fast track short courses on a 1-2-1 basis, and in small group sizes, ensuring individual attention within relaxed professional surroundings to meet all your needs.
All of our courses are designed to be learner centred, fun and innovative!
• Spend a summer, short semester, or academic year abroad in the UK with Arts University Bournemouth - a leading creative university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education.
• Situated just 2 hours south-west of London, we provide 1 to 3-term study abroad BA (Hons) courses for Americans, Canadians, international students, and professionals. Subjects include Architecture, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Visual Effects, and more.
• In addition to our semester abroad courses, we also provide 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ where you have full access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students ages 14-15.
• AUB gives you the opportunity to develop your creative skills and gain credits towards your university degree without spending 2-3 years studying abroad on a full-time basis.
• Our classrooms feature modern equipment, and the university houses one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England. Students meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
Student Review: “AUB staff and other students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world” - Phillipe, France
BA (Hons) Semester Abroad Programs: 1, 2 or 3 terms. Subjects include:
• Animation Production
• Digital Media Production
• Fashion Studies
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design & Production..
Specialist 3 Week Summer Courses: • Architecture & 3D Design
• Complete Film Making
• Make-Up for Stage and Screen
• Creative Photography Portfolio
• Introduction to Animation
• Introduction to Fashion Design
• Portfolio Preparation for the Creative Arts
The Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA) in North-West England, is dedicated to providing the best teaching and learning for people who want to pursue a lasting career in the arts and entertainment economy. We provide education and training in performing arts, theatre and performance design and technology and management disciplines in a hands-on, collaborative environment.
We offer undergraduate degrees and diploma programmes to UK and International students. We also offer weekend performing arts classes for 4 - 19 year olds and a wide range of part-time courses for adults.
Full-time 3 -year BA (Honours) Degree programmes in:
Acting (Performing Arts); Community Drama; Dance (Performing Arts); Music; Music (Performing Arts); Music, Theatre and Entertainment Management; Sound Technology; Theatre and Performance Design; and Theatre and Performance Technology.
We also run full-time one year Foundation Diplomas: Performing Arts (Acting); Performing Arts (Dancing); Performing Arts (Singing); and Popular Music and Sound Technology.
Learn to shoot like a professional and start taking superb images with an online DSLR photography course from Dynamic Ecourse.
Perfect for beginners, this 'how to' DSLR online course lets you work your way through a series of videos, quizzes, and other engaging content, all presented by a ‘virtual presenter’ that gives you a real sense of being in a learning environment inside the comfort of your own home.
This course is suitable for beginners and those that want to build upon their existing knowledge. The course is designed to take you from automatic mode to full manual mode in just a few hours.
act up is an independent organisation specialising in communication and acting training. We are located in Lavender Hill, near Clapham Junction in South London. Clapham Common Tube Station is the closest tube station to Lavender Hill. Almost all of the acting and communication training courses take place at The Royal Academy of Dance, located at Battersea Square, which is a 5 minute walk from Clapham Junction in South London. All of the acting courses are short, part-time and professionally based.
All of our courses run regularly throughout the year, and they are open to anyone over the age of 18 years. Among those attending are participants who travel from as close as the next street, right across London, or as far afield as Birmingham, Sheffield and Exeter.
Our main philosophy with all our training is to show every participant a good time. Each time we run a course, it is always very different as the core of the work is created around the participants, so no one course is ever the same. The actors and act up do however have a structured outline for each course; the environment is designed and then it's up to the participants to be brave and throw themselves in.
Year-round short, part-time & professionally based acting courses or communication training courses (for 18 + years):
- act one (beginners): 2-hour, eight-week course
- act for foundation course: 2-hour, eight-week course
- act for (aimed at anyone who is considering seeking a career as a professional actor): 3-hour, seven-week course
- Alexander Technique for acting
- act up's short summer course
Also: A variety of communication skills training courses