River Cottage Chefs' School, Devon: River Cottage Chefs’ School provides accredited cookery training courses in east Devon in the South West of England (close to Exeter, between Plymouth and Bournemouth). We offer a range of quality chef training programmes for beginner to advanced levels, from young chef traineeships to a Professional Cookery Level 3 qualification. Students can also avail of our varied One-Day Accredited Cookery courses.
- Experienced and Highly-Qualified Tutors The Chef Tutors at River Cottage have a wealth of experience working and competing at Michelin, Culinary Olympics, Salon Culinaire, Bocuse D’Or, BBC Master Chef and many other prestigious establishments, events and competitions. The experiences of our Chef Tutors, combined with a passion for sustainable and seasonal food procurement has created something we believe is new and exciting in the world of culinary education
- Make the Most of Your Business We have extensive experience working with a variety of businesses, both new and established, helping them to operate a more sustainable operation, increasing profitability.
- Strengthen Your Culinary Credentials There are 11 accredited one day courses and qualifications in professional cookery at level 2 and 3 available. Do you want to strengthen your culinary credentials and improve your craft skills to propel your career in hospitality?
Professional Cookery Courses:
- 3-month Traineeship Programme
- 12-month Young Chef Apprenticeship Scheme
- Professional Cookery Level 2 Qualification
- Professional Cookery Level 3 Qualification
- One-Day Accredited Cookery Courses
Jo Hamilton is one of Britain's most sought-after independent interior designers, renowned for her flair in the use of colour and space. Her interior design courses - evening, weekend and day courses in central London - are aimed at everyone. Her courses are based on her belief that interior design can be made accessible to anyone - and that by understanding a few key design principles, even the least-confident and experienced can design interiors that work.
The school has an established, long and successful history and you join a community recognised for its artistic excellence. Its special location in a world heritage centre enhances opportunities for the school to work in partnership with a wide range of national and international art and design agencies, all of which combine to provide an exciting specialist learning environment for students.
Your experiences during your programme of studies in this School will change your life. You will develop your abilities and acquire the necessary skills to contribute to a broad range of vocational and professional needs within art and design. Your course will prepare you for a career in in one of the cultural industries, a key part of the global economy.
The Cheltenham School of Drawing & Painting, Gloucester
Courses / Programs
The Cheltenham School of Drawing & Painting is a small independently run school located just a five minute walk from Montpellier in the Lansdown area of Cheltenham in Gloucestershire, southwest England (near Gloucester). The Cheltenham School of Drawing & Painting offers day, evening and weekend courses in Fine Art including drawing, painting watercolour, life drawing and sculpture. We also offer Saturday workshops in life drawing or painting, clay portraiture and etching. Whatever your interest or experience in the arts, we are sure there will be something here for you. Our classes cater to all levels and beginners are very welcome.
In our painting courses you will explore the freedom of creating form through colour. We use both historical and contemporary painting practices and artists to encourage an understanding of each individuals position within the practice of painting. We like to engage artists in drawing as it naturally comes to them: their natural voice. We encourage all drawing students to find their way with the materials and methods we present, so they can tackle projects and ideas outside the school, with confidence in their abilities.
- Fine Art Classes
- Drawing Course
- Watercolour Course
- Oil and Acrylic Course
- Life Drawing Class
- Sculpture and Casting Class
- Workshops in life drawing, painting, clay portraiture and etching
- Portrait Drawing or Painting
- Open Studio/Community Painting
- Experimental Drawing
- Drawing Course for students and professionals
- Drawing Course for beginners
- Day, evening and weekend courses
- Group and Private lessons
- All levels welcome from beginner to advanced, experienced to professional artists
Prescott & Mackay School of Fashion and Accesory Design
Courses / Programs
Prescott & Mackay offers a unique range of short courses in fashion & accessory design from studios in London, San Francisco, Berkeley, New York and Melbourne. Courses run from beginner to advanced levels, and include shoemaking, bag making, belt making, corsetry, millinery and tutu making. Students can choose between group sessions, and private tuition.
All P&M tutors are among the best in their fields in the world, and many of them are world-renowned designers themselves. The concept for Prescott & Mackay was formulated in 1997 by British founder Melissa Needham, member of the British Footwear Association and Royal Society of the Arts. She recognised a rising passion for shoe and accessory design, yet a distinct lack of provision for those who were unable to attend full time study.
"I haven't had so much fun for ages. The teaching atmosphere was wonderful and I came away having made a pair of shoes I couldn't wait to show off. I couldn't believe I'd made them myself and nor could anyone else!"
- Caroline, Preston
- Shoemaking (Beginner to Advanced 1 & 2-day Workshops)
- Bag Making (1, 2 or 5-day Intensive Courses)
- Belt Making (1-day Beginners Course)
- Corsetry (Beginner to Advanced Classes)
- Tutu Making (2-day Courses)
- Millinery (Hat Making)
- Create Your Own Course
- 1-on-1 Private Tuition
- Industry Training
- Corporate Events
Studio Time Photography School, located in London, UK, is a school of photography offering courses designed for complete beginners, semi pros and professional photographers. StudioTime Photography has long been a working outfit with many years success in the real world of professional photography. We aim to teach you the skills you will need to succeed as a wedding, portrait or fashion photographer.
• Spend a summer, short semester, or academic year abroad in the UK with Arts University Bournemouth - a leading creative university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education.
• Situated just 2 hours south-west of London, we provide 1 to 3-term study abroad BA (Hons) courses for Americans, Canadians, international students, and professionals. Subjects include Architecture, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Visual Effects, and more.
• In addition to our semester abroad courses, we also provide 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ where you have full access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students ages 14-15.
• AUB gives you the opportunity to develop your creative skills and gain credits towards your university degree without spending 2-3 years studying abroad on a full-time basis.
• Our classrooms feature modern equipment, and the university houses one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England. Students meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
Student Review: “AUB staff and other students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world” - Phillipe, France
BA (Hons) Semester Abroad Programs: 1, 2 or 3 terms. Subjects include:
• Animation Production
• Digital Media Production
• Fashion Studies
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design & Production..
Specialist 3 Week Summer Courses: • Architecture & 3D Design
• Complete Film Making
• Make-Up for Stage and Screen
• Creative Photography Portfolio
• Introduction to Animation
• Introduction to Fashion Design
• Portfolio Preparation for the Creative Arts