Acting Schools in the UK: Acting degree courses in Birmingham, dance theatre studies, performance arts training for adults, acting lessons for teenagers, drama classes for children, stage management, bachelor degree, master degree courses, post-graduate diploma, school of acting in England
Birmingham School of Acting: Situated in Bimingham, West Midlands in England, Birmingham School of Acting is a small specialist institution offering full-time higher education acting, stage management, performance and theatre courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level and part-time and summer school courses for adults, teenagers and children. Birmingham School of Acting is a faculty of Birmingham City University and its acting courses are accredited by the National Council for Drama Training (NCDT).
Full Time Courses: Full time courses at Birmingham School of Acting are focused on developing professional actors through vocational, performance based training. We offer a series of full course training paths in Acting, Theatre and Performance related training at undergraduate and postgraduate level:
* BA (Hons) Acting * BA (Hons) Stage Management * BA (Hons) Community and Applied Theatre / Dance Theatre * PG Dip / MA Acting * Pg Dip Physical Theatre * Pg Dip / MA Professional Voice Practice * MA Acting: the British tradition BA in Acting: Acting is about performance, live or recorded. Our degree course ensures that final assessments reflect this through a Velocity Exit course structure. Final assessment is on performance when you bring together all the skills you have learnt throughout the course.
Throughout the course students are taught in a variety of small and large classes (maximum 16) depending on the nature of the class. Rehearsal and Performance groups are divided according to the Level of study and the learning needs of the cohort. Play selection throughout Years 2 and 3 will vary from large ensemble pieces to much more intimate, small cast plays.
BA In Stage Management: This course is aimed at those who wish to work within company, production and stage management and will offer a thorough vocational training in aspects of technical theatre.
Part-time Courses: These courses at Birmingham School of Acting provide adults, young people and children the opportunity to develop their interest in drama. Entry to part-time courses is open to all and students are grouped into appropriate teaching groups after enrollment. Summer Schools and Short Courses: Summer Schools are also open to all but the level of experience required for an individual course may vary.
We provide the following courses:
Jesters (7 -13): 5 Day Summer Schools Jesters (14 - 17): 11 Day Summer Schools Shakespeare Summer School: 4.5 day course for adults Acting Summer School: 2 week course for adults Creative Drama and Effective Communicationfor 7-17 year olds: Classes for age groups of 7 - 17 years. The essence of effective communication, whether it is applied in the traditional fields of theatre or in the classroom, the boardroom, the doctor's surgery, parliament or the market place, is the ability to 'tell the story' clearly and truthfully. All of these classes lead to the development of the skills necessary to undertake that task.
All students work in groups to prepare material which is appropriate to their age, experience and learning needs. All work leads to performances in the school's acting studio at the end of each term. Students are also offered the opportunity to study for and sit examinations from a number of boards including Guildhall, Trinity and RADA.
The Manchester College came into existence on 1st August 2008, following the merger of City College Manchester and Manchester College of Arts and Technology (MANCAT). We are renowned for the range, flexibility and availability of the courses we offer, with more than 600 courses at all levels, from basic skills to higher education.
We offer certificate, diploma and foundation degree courses in various fields of art and design, including interior design, graphic design, animation, interactive media, video production and fashion industry courses. We also provide training in performing arts with focus on drama, music, acting and musical theatre as well as a degree in contemporary theatre practice.
The college's mission is to enhance the knowledge and skills of the whole community. We achieve this by providing high quality education, excellent facilities and outstanding personal support to help all our students to succeed and to build a successful future. Each year we enroll students from over 60 countries.
Foundation Degree Courses including:
- Contemporary Theatre Practice
- Jewellery and Applied Arts
- Photography & Digital Imaging
- Digital Graphic Design
- Video Production
- Fashion and Clothing Technology
Diploma Courses including:
- Interior Design
- Performing Arts (Music, Dance, Acting, Musical Theatre)
- Working in the Fashion Industry
- Interactive Media
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) coursesfor international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there."
- Orlando, USA, Animation Production
act up is an independent organisation specialising in communication and acting training. We are located in Lavender Hill, near Clapham Junction in South London. Clapham Common Tube Station is the closest tube station to Lavender Hill. Almost all of the acting and communication training courses take place at The Royal Academy of Dance, located at Battersea Square, which is a 5 minute walk from Clapham Junction in South London. All of the acting courses are short, part-time and professionally based.
All of our courses run regularly throughout the year, and they are open to anyone over the age of 18 years. Among those attending are participants who travel from as close as the next street, right across London, or as far afield as Birmingham, Sheffield and Exeter.
Our main philosophy with all our training is to show every participant a good time. Each time we run a course, it is always very different as the core of the work is created around the participants, so no one course is ever the same. The actors and act up do however have a structured outline for each course; the environment is designed and then it's up to the participants to be brave and throw themselves in.
Year-round short, part-time & professionally based acting courses or communication training courses (for 18 + years):
- act one (beginners): 2-hour, eight-week course
- act for foundation course: 2-hour, eight-week course
- act for (aimed at anyone who is considering seeking a career as a professional actor): 3-hour, seven-week course
- Alexander Technique for acting
- act up's short summer course
Also: A variety of communication skills training courses
• London Art Portfolio is a leading provider of art and design qualifications to UK and international students.
• Conveniently located in South London, right next to Tower Bridge, we offer a 24-week Foundation Course in Art and Design which could be ideal for anyone who would like to prepare to study for a Bachelor Degree in art, design or architecture.
• This practical, project-based art foundation course aims to help you to develop a strong, individual portfolio of creative work and decide on your future pathway. Specialist options include Architecture, Fashion Design, Fine Art, Graphic Design, and Textile Design.
Student Review: "London Art Portfolio helped me find my creative self again, it helped me learn how to develop my own projects and how to present them properly. Fantastic team, great tutorials, vibrant and inspiring atmosphere. I will be eternally thankful to London Art Portfolio." - Shanice
Sir John Cass Department of Art, Media and Design, London
Courses / Programs
The Cass (The Sir John Cass Department of Art, Media and Design) is one of ten departments of London Metropolitan University, and is situated on the East London City fringe, a vibrant area recognised as a centre of excellence for both art and design. This unique environment of commerce, art galleries and design workshops exposes our students to the highest levels of professional practice.
We are proud to welcome a diversity of international students onto our courses. The department offers two courses designed to help international students prepare for study. The International Foundation Programme is a foundation year combining art, media and design studies with English Language to prepare students for degree level study. The International Pre-Masters is a one semester programme to prepare international students for postgraduate study in the department. We also offer a wide variety of options for internationa students who wish to take a study year abroad as part of the JYA or ERASMUS programmes.
We offer a wide range of courses including short courses, a foundation year leading to extended degrees across our portfolio, foundation degrees and degrees, taught masters, research masters and PhD/MPhil.
- Art, Media & Design
- Polymer Technology
- Design, Production & Manufacture
- Fine Art
- Media & Communications
- Music & Technology
- Restoration & Conservation
plus a wide range of postgraduate degree courses...
Stills opened in Edinburgh in 1977 as Scotland’s first gallery specialising in contemporary photography. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street. Since establishment, we have extended our facilities and now provide the best photographic darkrooms and digital production facilities in Scotland. We offer a programme of evening courses, weekend and one-day workshops in photography and digital media, as well as a summer school in photography and digital media.
We offer subsidised, low-cost training in everything from Photoshop and Dreamweaver to Black & White Photography so you can come to Stills to create your own website, print your own photographs, learn to use your digital camera and much more!
Stills is a vibrant platform for creativity. Our integrated programmes illuminate the fascinating medium of photography, exploring everything from its technical and aesthetic developments through to the central role it plays in contemporary culture. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street.
- Weekend Workshops:
* Digital SLR Camera Training
* Lomography: Creative Analogue Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Evening Courses:
* Digital SLR Photography
* Digital Video Editing: Final Cut Express
* Introduction to Black and White Photography
* Layout (Adobe InDesign)
* Maps & Mappings (Adobe Illustrator)
* Photoshop Essential Training Modules
* Website Design (Dreamweaver)
- 1 Day Workshops:
* Fashion Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Summer School in photography & digital media