Acting Schools in the UK: Acting degree courses in Birmingham, dance theatre studies, performance arts training for adults, acting lessons for teenagers, drama classes for children, stage management, bachelor degree, master degree courses, post-graduate diploma, school of acting in England
Birmingham School of Acting: Situated in Bimingham, West Midlands in England, Birmingham School of Acting is a small specialist institution offering full-time higher education acting, stage management, performance and theatre courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level and part-time and summer school courses for adults, teenagers and children. Birmingham School of Acting is a faculty of Birmingham City University and its acting courses are accredited by the National Council for Drama Training (NCDT).
Full Time Courses: Full time courses at Birmingham School of Acting are focused on developing professional actors through vocational, performance based training. We offer a series of full course training paths in Acting, Theatre and Performance related training at undergraduate and postgraduate level:
* BA (Hons) Acting * BA (Hons) Stage Management * BA (Hons) Community and Applied Theatre / Dance Theatre * PG Dip / MA Acting * Pg Dip Physical Theatre * Pg Dip / MA Professional Voice Practice * MA Acting: the British tradition BA in Acting: Acting is about performance, live or recorded. Our degree course ensures that final assessments reflect this through a Velocity Exit course structure. Final assessment is on performance when you bring together all the skills you have learnt throughout the course.
Throughout the course students are taught in a variety of small and large classes (maximum 16) depending on the nature of the class. Rehearsal and Performance groups are divided according to the Level of study and the learning needs of the cohort. Play selection throughout Years 2 and 3 will vary from large ensemble pieces to much more intimate, small cast plays.
BA In Stage Management: This course is aimed at those who wish to work within company, production and stage management and will offer a thorough vocational training in aspects of technical theatre.
Part-time Courses: These courses at Birmingham School of Acting provide adults, young people and children the opportunity to develop their interest in drama. Entry to part-time courses is open to all and students are grouped into appropriate teaching groups after enrollment. Summer Schools and Short Courses: Summer Schools are also open to all but the level of experience required for an individual course may vary.
We provide the following courses:
Jesters (7 -13): 5 Day Summer Schools Jesters (14 - 17): 11 Day Summer Schools Shakespeare Summer School: 4.5 day course for adults Acting Summer School: 2 week course for adults Creative Drama and Effective Communicationfor 7-17 year olds: Classes for age groups of 7 - 17 years. The essence of effective communication, whether it is applied in the traditional fields of theatre or in the classroom, the boardroom, the doctor's surgery, parliament or the market place, is the ability to 'tell the story' clearly and truthfully. All of these classes lead to the development of the skills necessary to undertake that task.
All students work in groups to prepare material which is appropriate to their age, experience and learning needs. All work leads to performances in the school's acting studio at the end of each term. Students are also offered the opportunity to study for and sit examinations from a number of boards including Guildhall, Trinity and RADA.
Chelsea College of Art & Design is located in Millbank, in Central London, in the City of Westminster. We offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree progams in subjects including Interior Design, Textile Design, Graphic Design and Fine Arts among many others. Situated in an inspiring location alongside Tate Britain, you will be studying at the centre of one of the world's great cultural capitals.
At Chelsea you can study from Foundation level right up to PhD and be part of an exhilarating community based in a long history of world class teaching and educational practices.
You will discover, through Chelsea's workshop and library facilities, an environment that supports high levels of experimentation and multi-visual research. Chelsea's unique combination of resources, are designed to prepare you for a world in which artists and designers increasingly work across all media. These resources are connected to each course so as to maximize opportunities for collaboration and exchange across all disciplines and boundaries.
- BA Honours Fine Art
- BA Honours Graphic Design Communication
- BA Honours Textile Design
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Interior Design
- BA Honours Interior and Spatial Design
- Graduate Diploma in Interior Design
- MA Critical Writing and Curatorial Practice
- Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art
- MA Fine Art
- MA Graphic Design Communication
- MA Interior and Spatial Design
- MA Textile Design
• London Art Portfolio is located in Central London, just south of Tower Bridge in Southwark.
• We provide successful Art and Design portfolio preparation, foundation programmes, short courses, evening classes & private tuition for UK and internationals students in a range of fields of fine art and design at all study levels.
• We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & many other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & other locations around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
Student Reviews: "Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
• Fine Art
• Fashion Design
• Graphic Design
• 3D Design / Architecture
Year-round & Summer Courses:
• Portfolio Prep Courses: 24, 18, 12, 6 or 4 weeks
• 1-2 week Enrichment Course in Drawing or Model Making
• Summer Portfolio School- adults & teens
• Digital Portfolio Prep
• Foundation Course in Art and Design- 24 weeks
• One-One Studio Tutorial Support
• One-One Online Tuition
• Short Courses - Half Term, Holiday & Evening classes
• Corporate Workshops & Team Building
Located in Vauxhall, London, the London Atelier of Representational Art was established in response to the rarity of rigorous representational art education and is unique in the UK with its approach to teaching the most fundamentally important aspects of drawing, painting and sculpture from life. We offer fulltime and parttime drawing, painting such as bargue drawing, cast drawing and painting, portrait drawing and painting; Sculpture including intensive figure sculpture. We also offer inspirational classes to learn about the techniques of distinctive art personalities.
Inspired by the atelier method of instruction, the unique emphasis of the course is given to working directly from the life model in a continuous pose of no less than a week and up to a month under unvarying (natural) north light conditions, giving optimum time to observe the figure and understand how to see. Working with tutors 6 hours a day and using the “sight- size” technique we aim to teach essential concepts of proportion, line, gesture, form and light to best master expression of the human form.
We offer fulltime and parttime drawing, painting such as bargue drawing, cast drawing and painting, portrait drawing and painting; Sculpture including intensive figure sculpture. We also offer inspirational classes to learn about the techniques of distinctive art personalities.
Jo Hamilton is one of Britain's most sought-after independent interior designers, renowned for her flair in the use of colour and space. Her interior design courses - evening, weekend and day courses in central London - are aimed at everyone. Her courses are based on her belief that interior design can be made accessible to anyone - and that by understanding a few key design principles, even the least-confident and experienced can design interiors that work.
The London Beauty Academy, based in Friern Barnet, North London, is a City & Guilds Beauty Training school. Our aim is to provide you with the best training, covering all aspects of beauty.
As we are a City & Guilds Centre, on completion of your course, you will receive your internationally recognised City & Guilds qualification, giving you the freedom and peace of mind to know that you are able to work within the beauty industry, without having to pay for any more courses or exams afterwards, and also knowing that you will be able to gain employment within the industry, with the required qualifications.
• Spend a summer, short semester, or academic year abroad in the UK with Arts University Bournemouth - a leading creative university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education.
• Situated just 2 hours south-west of London, we provide 1 to 3-term study abroad BA (Hons) courses for Americans, Canadians, international students, and professionals. Subjects include Architecture, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Visual Effects, and more.
• In addition to our semester abroad courses, we also provide 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ where you have full access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students ages 14-15.
• AUB gives you the opportunity to develop your creative skills and gain credits towards your university degree without spending 2-3 years studying abroad on a full-time basis.
• Our classrooms feature modern equipment, and the university houses one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England. Students meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
Student Review: “AUB staff and other students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world” - Phillipe, France
BA (Hons) Semester Abroad Programs: 1, 2 or 3 terms. Subjects include:
• Animation Production
• Digital Media Production
• Fashion Studies
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design & Production..
Specialist 3 Week Summer Courses: • Architecture & 3D Design
• Complete Film Making
• Make-Up for Stage and Screen
• Creative Photography Portfolio
• Introduction to Animation
• Introduction to Fashion Design
• Portfolio Preparation for the Creative Arts