UK Art Schools, Colleges of Design, in England, London, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow & Edinburgh (Scotland), Cardiff (Wales), Belfast (Northern Ireland), Study Abroad in Europe, USA, Canada
11.Central Saint Martins College Of Art And Design, London
Courses / Programs
Located in the heart of London Central Saint Martins is the leading fashion, art and design college in the UK. From the design of London's red buses and black cabs; fashion at Dior and Chloe in Paris to James Bond's smooth portrayal. Alumni include, John Galliano, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Pierce Brosnan, Jarvis Cocker, MIA, Gilbert and George - the list goes on.
Staff and students continue to build on the success of the past by pushing the boundaries in art and design. Central Saint Martins provides specialist education and research in the fields of fine art, fashion and textiles, graphics and communication design, three dimensional design, theatre and performance. It is, in essence, the complete arts college. There is an opportunity to study for a BA or MA degree or join one of the hundreds of short courses (during the vacation) or evening and weekend courses during term time.
We offer a range of bachelor's and master's degree courses in the following fields: Acting, Arts, Design and Environment, Ceramic Design, Directing, Fashion, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Jewellery Design, Product Design, Textile Design, Theatre: Design for Performance. We also offer postgraduate certificate and diploma programs.
As well as degree courses Central Saint Martins runs a large programme of short courses (evening, weekend, summer, Christmas and Easter school).
KLC School of Design in Central London, is an accredited interior and garden design training school offering full-time, part-time, blended & open learning certificate and diploma courses. Our industry links are second to none and we provide an outstanding careers service combining carefully structured career workshops, individual careers advice and mentoring and work experience opportunities. Employers return to us on a regular basis knowing that our students will have had a realistic and practical training for the design workplace and that great care will have been taken to match the student to the requirements of the practice.
KLC is the only design college in the U.K. to be accredited by both the British Accreditation Council (BAC) and the Open & Distance Learning Quality Council (ODLQC). KLC School of Design has also been licensed by the UK Border Agency to enrol international students under Tier 4 of the Points Based System.
London Jewellery School (LJS) is the UK's largest independent jewellery training centre based in London's famous jewellery quarter, Hatton Garden, near Holborn in the borough of Camden. With over 100 classes to choose from, more than 30 world-class jewellery tutors and three fully-equipped jewellery studios there is something at LJS for everyone.
Our motto is that 'everyone can make jewellery' which we truly believe and our classes are suitable for all ages and abilities from complete beginners through to professional jewellers. We run classes on weekdays, evenings and weekends to suit all timetables and prices start from just £42.
We also run very popular jewellery parties for both adults and children and work closely with the local councils to deliver jewellery classes in schools and libraries in and around London.
• Spend a summer, short semester, or academic year abroad in the UK with Arts University Bournemouth - a leading creative university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education.
• Situated just 2 hours south-west of London, we provide 1 to 3-term study abroad BA (Hons) courses for Americans, Canadians, international students, and professionals. Subjects include Architecture, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Visual Effects, and more.
• In addition to our semester abroad courses, we also provide 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ where you have full access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students ages 14-15.
• AUB gives you the opportunity to develop your creative skills and gain credits towards your university degree without spending 2-3 years studying abroad on a full-time basis.
• Our classrooms feature modern equipment, and the university houses one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England. Students meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
Student Review: “AUB staff and other students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world” - Phillipe, France
BA (Hons) Semester Abroad Programs: 1, 2 or 3 terms. Subjects include:
• Animation Production
• Digital Media Production
• Fashion Studies
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design & Production..
Specialist 3 Week Summer Courses: • Architecture & 3D Design
• Complete Film Making
• Make-Up for Stage and Screen
• Creative Photography Portfolio
• Introduction to Animation
• Introduction to Fashion Design
• Portfolio Preparation for the Creative Arts
• London Art Portfolio is a leading provider of art and design qualifications to UK and international students.
• Located in Wapping, Tower Hamlets, East London (and close to Tower Bridge), we offer a 24-week Foundation Course in Art and Design which could be ideal for anyone who would like to prepare to study for a Bachelor Degree in art, design or architecture.
• This practical, project-based art foundation course aims to help you to develop a strong, individual portfolio of creative work and decide on your future pathway. Specialist options include Architecture, Fashion Design, Fine Art, Graphic Design, and Textile Design.
Student Review: "London Art Portfolio helped me find my creative self again, it helped me learn how to develop my own projects and how to present them properly. Fantastic team, great tutorials, vibrant and inspiring atmosphere. I will be eternally thankful to London Art Portfolio." - Shanice
London College of Communication (LCC) in south London, England, is a recognised centre of excellence offering undergraduate industry-orientated media and design degree courses to international students as well as students from the UK. Our programmes are geared towards preparing students for successful careers in the media and design industry. LCC attracts students from all over the world. We are keen that these students benefit from their experience here at LCC, socially and academically, in one of the worlds' most exciting cities.
If you are interested in spending a semester or a year on a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in London, then our Study Abroad program could be for you. We give you the opportunity to spend time with our students on any of our BA courses. The most popular ones are: media studies, film and video, book arts, graphic design, photography, typographic studies, animation, sound arts, journalism to name but a few.
Semester or Academic Year Abroad Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree Courses:
- Book Arts and Design
- Creative Advertising Strategy
- Graphic and Media Design
- Digital Media Design
- Film and Television
- Games Design
- Magazine Publishing
- Media and Cultural Studies
- Interior Design
- Surface Design
- Public Relations
& more ...
Flux Studios is a new purpose built specialist jewellery studio and workshop, providing courses in jewellery making for beginner, intermediate and advanced students. We are located in Vanguard Court, Camberwell, Southwark, beside Heathrow Airport in South London. The studio also offers a comprehensive membership package to graduate/new jewellers wishing to become established. We provide affordable opportunities for graduates, interested adults and the local community to explore and develop jewellery making skills.
Through the membership scheme the Studios provide a stepping-stone for students and recent graduates in jewellery to enter the field at an affordable price, in a supported environment. The Studios also provide an exciting creative environment for the wider community to learn how to make jewellery through a range of daytime and evening classes. The provision of continuity of learning and opportunities to progress are integral to the objectives of Flux, as those attending classes become sufficiently competent to become members and thus explore their business potential.
We provide courses and workshops in jewellery making for beginner, intermediate and advanced students. The studio offers a comprehensive membership package to graduate/new jewellers wishing to become established. We provide affordable opportunities for graduates, interested adults and the local community to explore and develop jewellery making skills.
Edinburgh College of Art (eca) is located in the heart of the historic Old Town of Edinburgh, Scotland, five minutes' walk from Princes Street and the numerous recreational and cultural facilities of the city centre. Most students live within easy walking distance of the College, and experience an ease and quality of life that allows students to focus upon creative work and fully appreciate their remarkable surroundings. eca offers a wide range of study areas at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Placement on a course for visiting students may be at Level Two or Three, depending upon applicant's portfolio, goals for the study abroad experience (as described on their application form), and needs. Edinburgh is a UNESCO-designated World Heritage City, and is one of Europe's finest capitals. It is home to thousands of students, generating a vibrant atmosphere and contemporary feel to complement its stunning visual presence. International students from over 40 countries make up about 20% of the student body.
Chinco Design Studio is a jewellery making and design school located in the heart of Brighton and Hove in East Sussex on the coast of South-East England. We offer a range of jewellery making and jewellery design courses and workshops for beginners to advanced students. Courses are taught by Sheila Way who is a jeweller / designer and a member of the British Jewellery Association. International students are welcome.
We aim to help students develop their skill at silversmithing, stone setting, wax carving, jewellery design, portfolio building, jewellery photographic images and much more. We offer holiday courses, one-to-one teaching as well as one and two year career change courses. There is a maximum of 3 students per session to allow for individual attention.
- 1-year or 2-year jewellery making & design career change course
- Jewellery making holiday courses
- Silver jewellery making course
- Stone setting course
- Wax carving course
- Chain making course
- Make your own wedding bands course
- Hot & cold connections course
- Basic starter course
- Weekend / morning / evening classes available
Photoion Photography in Central London is a professional photographic training school offering weekend photography courses and workshops for beginners to advanced students throughout the year. Photoion provides professional photographic training that gives you the knowledge and hands-on practical experience to learn how to make properly exposed and beautiful photographs. Whether you are new with photography, want to improve your skills or simply want to take better pictures on holiday, Photoion is the place to learn photography quickly and effectively.
You will be taught with professional methods including power point presentation projected on a large screen, physical examples, practical exercises, impromptu demonstrations, tests, etc. You will get to go out and practice with the camera. You will also receive a PDF version of the full course material on a CD.
Weekend Photography Courses and Workshops in London:
- Digital Photography Course for Beginners
- Digital Photography Course for Intermediates
- Special Photographic Techniques Workshops
- Photographing Southbank by Night Workshop
- Portrait Photography Course
- Studio Lighting Photography Course
- Product Photography Course in London