Residential treatment programs for troubled kids & teens in New York State: Therapeutic boarding school, co-ed specialty boarding school for boys, girls with behavioral problems & emotional issues in Southern NY State area.
The Astor Learning Center (ALC), Upstate NY: Located in Rhinebeck in Upstate New York, The Astor Learning Center (ALC) is a therapeutic boarding school for boys and girls ages 5-13 with serious behavioral and emotional difficulties. Our residential programs are designed to provide a nurturing environment for children who must live away from their families while they receive treatment.
Chapel Field Christian School is a nondenominational, evangelical, K-12 Christian co-ed school that provides boarding for Grades 8-12.
Located in Pine Bush NY, in the Hudson Valley, 90 minutes north of New York City, we are accredited by the National Association of Private Schools, and incorporated under the University of the State of New York.
Our high school students have the opportunity to take AP & College courses as well as Regents classes.
Situated in Houghton, Allegany County in western NY state, Houghton Academy is a Christian boarding and day school enrolling students in Grades 6-12.
Most boarding students at Houghton Academy live in one of the two residence halls. Both dorms offer a secure, traditional residential setting. Two students most often share a room, there are shared common areas for relaxation and recreation, and the buildings are staffed by full-time employees.
An alternative to or traditional dorms is found in three Staff Houses we own close to school. These homes serve as the full-time, traditional residences of our employees families, but each house has been configured to accommodate students.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is an IB-authorized traveling high school. There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• THINK Global School provides high school students with a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• We offer students ages 14-18 from the U.S. and around the globe the opportunity for a life-changing journey. Students explore the world, studying in three new international cities each academic year.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 20 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• TGS has been authorized as an official IB World School by the International Baccalaureate Organization, and is accredited by the U.S.-based Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
TGS's Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
- 2017-18: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
- 2016-17: Canada, Morocco & Peru
- 2015-16: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
- 2014-15: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
- 2013-14: India, Tanzania, Japan
- 2012-13: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
- 2011-12: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
- 2010-11: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!"
- TGS Residential Advisor
• International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program for Grades 11-12
The school year consists of three terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
NYMA is a leadership centered, coed, college prep boarding school in the Hudson River Valley of New York, about 50 miles north of NYC. NYMA has been education future leaders of business, industry and politics for over 100 years.
NYMA prepares students for the challenges of college. By the time they graduate, NYMA cadets will have had access to: a variety of meaningful leadership experiences; a robust curriculum geared toward 21st century priorities (Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking and Communication.); and a solid core of lifetime fitness and outdoor learning skills. These are the intangibles that make NYMA a unique educational experience.
Situated in New Lebanon, a town in Columbia County NY, Darrow School is a co-educational college preparatory boarding & day school for students in Grades 9-12. We provide a challenging, hands-on college preparatory curriculum with a student/teacher ratio of 5:1.
At Darrow, we are dedicated to serving students with diverse backgrounds and abilities, building on each student’s individual talents and interests to inspire enduring confidence for success in college and life.
Darrow’s student residences offer a cozy, home-like setting. Most student rooms are doubles, and in addition to sharing a room, each student gets in the habit of neatening up to pass room inspection.
Located on a secure 365-acre campus, we have 26 school and boarding buildings, playing fields, extensive hiking and cross-country ski trails, ponds, sheep pastures, orchards, marshlands, and an expansive forest.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Vermont and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."