The Astor Learning Center (ALC), Upstate NY:
Located in Rhinebeck in Upstate New York, The Astor Learning Center (ALC) is a therapeutic boarding school for boys and girls ages 5-13 with serious behavioral and emotional difficulties. Our residential programs are designed to provide a nurturing environment for children who must live away from their families while they receive treatment.
At ALC, we welcome children from throughout New York State. Some of our students come from as far as Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk Co.), Albany, and many other areas of NY.
In our Residential Treatment programs, we treat a wide range of behavioral and mental health issues, including depression, anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), problematic sexual behaviors, and fire setting behaviors.
In 1974, Astor Services for Children & Families became one of the very first children's service agencies in the United States to be accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Established in 1980, ALC has been named three times as a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education.
- We aim to help children who have often experienced failure in school to finally succeed. Our students benefit from small class sizes (6-8 students) in a nurturing environment conducive to learning.
- Built in 1999, our state-of-the-art school building contains a science lab and several support rooms where children can calm themselves when necessary. In addition, a playground, basketball court, baseball field and (seasonal) outdoor pool offer endless opportunities for skill building and fun.
- Just over 2 hours drive from NYC, our school is situated on a 15-acre campus. Weather permitting, our students enjoy the great outdoors on a daily basis. There is a stream running through our campus and surrounding woods which provides a tranquil setting for fishing, hiking and exploring nature.
- Family visiting is unlimited — families are encouraged to stay in daily contact with their children, and are welcome in our therapeutic living quarters.
- All academic subjects are taught with a strong emphasis on reading
- Intensive speech/language, occupational and counseling/therapy, and other specialized services as needed by the student
- Social skills training
We also offer day programs for students from the local school district.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 6339 Mill Street, Rhinebeck, New York 12572, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2023 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.