New York therapeutic boarding school for troubled kids & teens: Specialty boarding school for kids with behavioral issues & emotional problems. Residential treatment center for at-risk youth in Poughkeepsie–Newburgh–Middletown NY area..
The Astor Learning Center (ALC), Upstate NY: Are you searching for a quality therapeutic boarding school in New York State for your troubled child or young teenager? Located in the historic and picturesque rural village of Rhinebeck NY, The Astor Learning Center (ALC) provides residential treatment programs for boys and girls ages 5-13 with serious behavioral and emotional difficulties.
Email:Contact us below
( or request a callback ).
With students accepting from throughout New York State, we treat a wide range of behavioral and mental health issues in our residential treatment programs, including depression, anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and fire setting behaviors.
Academic Programs for Troubled Kids (ages 5-13):
- All academic subjects are taught with a strong emphasis on reading
- Intensive speech/language, occupational and counseling/therapy, and other specialized services as needed by the student
- Social skills training
We also offer day programs for students from the local school district.
Located in East Hampton and Bridgehampton, on Long Island, New York, Ross School is a private, accredited, day and boarding school offering a Grades 7 - 12 boarding option in addition to a K-12 day program.
For students entering Grades 7–12 who live outside eastern Long Island and want to attend Ross School, boarding options are available in family-style housing with faculty house parents.
International students are integrated into the School while improving their English proficiency through placement in skills-appropriate ESOL classes. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels in the ESOL program are designed to meet the needs of a variety of students and allow for greater flexibility.
The boarding program is a wonderful opportunity for students to prepare for the increased independence and responsibility of college academics and to share their own unique background and experiences with others.
- K-12 Co-educational Day School programme
- Boarding option for students in Grades 7-12
- ESOL English language integration classes
Core curriculum subjects include:
- Cultural History
- Physics and Biology
- Foreign Language
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Health & Wellness
- Environmental Science
- Interscholastic athletics...
The Storm King School is a college preparatory boarding and day school (Grades 8-12), located on the crest of Storm King Mountain in the Hudson Valley, one hour north of New York City.
Founded in 1867, The Storm King School celebrates a long tradition of helping students translate potential into success.
We do so through academic classes (including 10 AP classes and support for students with learning differences and the gifted), fine and performing arts with state-of-the-art facilities (including a 230-seat theatre), competitive sports and activities, outdoor adventure and extracurricular activities.
The Storm King School has a teacher to student ratio of 1:5 and a 100% college acceptance rate.
Accredited Co-educational College Preparatory Curriculum:
- Boarding program for students in Grades 8-12
- Day program for students in Grades 8-12
Core Subjects Include:
- History (including US History)
- ESL History
- Foreign Languages
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Performing Arts (theater, music, dance)
- Visual Arts (fine arts, digital design, photography, video and music production)
- Outdoor Adventure
Chapel Field Christian School is a nondenominational, evangelical, K-12 Christian co-ed school that provides boarding for Grades 8-12.
Located in Pine Bush NY, in the Hudson Valley, 90 minutes north of New York City, we are accredited by the National Association of Private Schools, and incorporated under the University of the State of New York.
Our high school students have the opportunity to take AP & College courses as well as Regents classes.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!"
- TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
High School Grades 9 to 12:
IB Diploma/Certificate (16-19 years old)
US High School Diploma (13-19 years old)
Prep Courses (13-19 years olds, to strengthen the student's English level and confidence for full-time academic study in English).
Freedom Village USA is a residential home for troubled teens and young adults (ages 14-21) situated in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of western Central New York.
Our boys and girls commit to a year in the program, where they find love and encouragement from experienced staff, a self-paced academic curriculum to prepare them for the future, and myriad opportunities to learn, grow and give back.
Many of our students have been involved in drug and alcohol abuse, have attempted suicide, or lived in abusive home situations including physical, emotional and sexual abuse. Some have turned to lives of crime after their families and society abandoned them.