New York therapeutic boarding school for troubled kids & teens: Specialty boarding school for kids with behavioral issues & emotional problems. Residential treatment center for at-risk youth in Poughkeepsie–Newburgh–Middletown NY area..
The Astor Learning Center (ALC), Upstate NY: Are you searching for a quality therapeutic boarding school in New York State for your troubled child or young teenager? Located in the historic and picturesque rural village of Rhinebeck NY, The Astor Learning Center (ALC) provides residential treatment programs for boys and girls ages 5-13 with serious behavioral and emotional difficulties.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
With students accepting from throughout New York State, we treat a wide range of behavioral and mental health issues in our residential treatment programs, including depression, anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and fire setting behaviors.
Academic Programs for Troubled Kids (ages 5-13):
- All academic subjects are taught with a strong emphasis on reading
- Intensive speech/language, occupational and counseling/therapy, and other specialized services as needed by the student
- Social skills training
We also offer day programs for students from the local school district.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• THINK Global School (TGS) is an IB-authorized traveling high school. There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• THINK Global School provides high school students with a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• We offer students ages 14-18 from the U.S. and around the globe the opportunity for a life-changing journey. Students explore the world, studying in three new international cities each academic year.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 20 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• TGS has been authorized as an official IB World School by the International Baccalaureate Organization, and is accredited by the U.S.-based Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
TGS's Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
- 2017-18: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
- 2016-17: Canada, Morocco & Peru
- 2015-16: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
- 2014-15: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
- 2013-14: India, Tanzania, Japan
- 2012-13: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
- 2011-12: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
- 2010-11: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!"
- TGS Residential Advisor
• International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program for Grades 11-12
The school year consists of three terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
The Storm King School is a college preparatory boarding and day school (Grades 8-12), located on the crest of Storm King Mountain in the Hudson Valley, one hour north of New York City.
Founded in 1867, The Storm King School celebrates a long tradition of helping students translate potential into success.
We do so through academic classes (including 10 AP classes and support for students with learning differences and the gifted), fine and performing arts with state-of-the-art facilities (including a 230-seat theatre), competitive sports and activities, outdoor adventure and extracurricular activities.
The Storm King School has a teacher to student ratio of 1:5 and a 100% college acceptance rate.
Accredited Co-educational College Preparatory Curriculum:
- Boarding program for students in Grades 8-12
- Day program for students in Grades 8-12
Core Subjects Include:
- History (including US History)
- ESL History
- Foreign Languages
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Performing Arts (theater, music, dance)
- Visual Arts (fine arts, digital design, photography, video and music production)
- Outdoor Adventure
Freedom Village USA is a residential home for troubled teens and young adults (ages 14-21) situated in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of western Central New York.
Our boys and girls commit to a year in the program, where they find love and encouragement from experienced staff, a self-paced academic curriculum to prepare them for the future, and myriad opportunities to learn, grow and give back.
Many of our students have been involved in drug and alcohol abuse, have attempted suicide, or lived in abusive home situations including physical, emotional and sexual abuse. Some have turned to lives of crime after their families and society abandoned them.
NYMA is a leadership centered, coed, college prep boarding school in the Hudson River Valley of New York, about 50 miles north of NYC. NYMA has been education future leaders of business, industry and politics for over 100 years.
NYMA prepares students for the challenges of college. By the time they graduate, NYMA cadets will have had access to: a variety of meaningful leadership experiences; a robust curriculum geared toward 21st century priorities (Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking and Communication.); and a solid core of lifetime fitness and outdoor learning skills. These are the intangibles that make NYMA a unique educational experience.
Located in Amenia, Dutchess County NY, The Kildonan School is an accredited, co-educational day and boarding school for children and teenagers with dyslexia and language-based learning differences.
Only 90 miles north of New York City, we offer educational programs for elementary, middle and high school students (Grades 2-12). Boarding programs are available for students in grades 7-12, with 5-day & 7-day options available.
Our mission is to empower students with dyslexia by increasing their self-esteem and motivation. Students often come to us from educational experiences where they struggled to find success because that environment did not recognize their potential and/or know how to meet their needs.
Kildonan uses a pure Orton-Gillingham approach, which is an instructional approach intended primarily for use with persons who have difficulty with reading, spelling, and writing of the sort associated with dyslexia.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from New Jersey, across the United States, and students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."