Swim lessons in Richmond, BC: Swimming school in Vancouver area for adults, teens, children, toddlers & babies. Private swim classes for beginners to advanced swimmers. Swim team programs, youth swim coach for competitive swimming.
Marina's Swim School, Richmond: Located in Richmond BC, Marina's Swim School provides year-round swim lessons for adults, teenagers and children in the Metro Vancouver area. Open 7 days a week, we employ fully-certified instructors that are eager to show you and your kids safe and enjoyable water activities. We have created and implemented one of the most effective swimming curriculum - leveraging a unique style of teaching based on three guiding principles: water safety, progressive learning, and an individualized approach to instructing.
We offer swim classes in a semi-private environment with small classes (max. 3 students up to Level 3, 4 students for Level 4 and higher). Our emphasis is on the technique and style of each stroke. We teach the Canadian Red Cross program and evaluate progression at the highest standards. We have never failed to alleviate any fears of swimming with adults or children. Lessons are taught in an advanced progression technique, with skills being broken down into simple, small steps and introduced with an element of skill and fun.
Swim Lessons for Children, Teenagers & Adults:
- Parent & Tot classes (8-36 months)
- Swim classes for preschoolers (3-5yrs)
- Swim classes for kids (6-16 yrs)
- Swim lessons for adults (beginners to experienced level)
- Swim Team for kids at level 9 +. It is an introduction to competitive swimming.
- Private swim classes are available on request
Conveniently situated in Mississauga and serving the Greater Toronto Area, National Personal Training Institute (NPTI) is a leading personal trainer school. We provide an innovative and comprehensive Personal Fitness Trainer diploma program taught by experienced and qualified instructors. It will provide you with the specialized knowledge and skills you need for a successful and rewarding career as a Personal Trainer. You can complete this course in as little as six months, or attend class each Saturday for a year. Day, evening, and weekend class are available.
At NPTI, we are committed to providing a high standard of education for our aspiring fitness professionals. Our curriculum is geared to the needs of today’s health-minded people. Our modern facility has the latest exercise equipment and learning materials for an effective and comfortable learning environment. We emphasize hands-on, practical training, and offer FREE ongoing consultation with nutritionists and fitness experts. Free job placement assistance is also available for all our graduates.
Student Testimonial: "I believe that this personal training course has given me the confidence and knowledge base to be a great personal trainer. The staff is top notch, very approachable whenever I had questions and supportive in their advice. The practical aspect of this course is without a doubt the biggest asset. No other program offers it...Don't hesitate to take your personal training course with NPTI."
- Steve, NPTI Graduate
- Personal Fitness Training Program:
500-hour comprehensive program that can be completed in 6 months (5 hours a day, 4 days a week) or over the course of 1 year (8 hours every Saturday).
Training includes 300 hours of classroom instruction plus 200 hours supervised, hands-on gym time. You will also have a practical internship with 6 months of hands-on experience in a fitness facility with a personal trainer.
Western Kinesiology School at University of Western Ontario, London, ON, is one of Canada's largest and most recognized centres of athletic and academic excellence. Kinesiology offers you the undergraduate, graduate & doctorate program opportunities and physical resources available only at a major university. At Western, Kinesiology offers you the best of everything. Three and four-year (Honors) Bachelor of Arts degree programs as well as a four-year Bachelor of Science in Honors Kinesiology are available. Choose a sociocultural or biosciences focus leading to a four year Bachelor of Arts or Science (Honors Kinesiology) degree. Stay more general with our three-year Bachelor of Arts, or combine disciplines with a program in the arts and humanities, or one from science. Specializations include exercise biochemistry, exercise physiology, scientific training in sport, and sports medicine; Comparative aspects, history, philosophy, psychomotor-learning, social psychological aspects of sport and sport management, coaching.
The Toronto Music Camp, located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, is a non profit organization affording children ages 10-17 the opportunity to join a band, record learn and perform every summer. TMC provides an excellent opportunity for children and teens to network, play in a band, hang out, and develop musicianship under the guidance of an experienced musical instructor.
The UBC Aquatic Centre, located on the campus of the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, is a public aquatic facility offering Swimming, Lifesaving & Diving programs for all ages and abilities. We serve the UBC Community (students, faculty, staff, residents) as well as the entire Lower Mainland and visitors from other regions and countries.
Our outdoor facilities include seasonal 55 yard outdoor pool with 1m, 5m and 10 m diving boards, seasonal grass and patio area and a mezzanine overlooking outdoor pool. We also have indoor facilities.
NSL Camps - National School Language Camps, Ottawa
Courses / Programs
• Based in Ottawa, Canada's national capital, NSL Camps is one of Canada’s leading English language summer schools for juniors and high school students.
• We specialize in beginner to advanced level English summer camp programs for children and teenagers ages 8-19, as well as a Parent and Child Summer Camp Experience.
• With 1 to 6 week courses, students can choose our Summer Camp option (20 classes per week), or the Summer Immersion with Leadership course (30 lessons per week).
• Day camps and overnight options are available (homestay with local host family or in a residence organized by NSL).
• Held on the campus of Saint Paul University in Ottawa, our course options are fully staffed by highly-qualified instructors.
• With over 30 different nationalities attending each summer, our students have the unique and exciting opportunity to improve their English language skills while making lots of international friends.
• Accredited by Ontario Camps Association, NSL Camps’ English programs use a specialized curriculum based on a communicative approach.
• Through real-life situations, students quickly learn to speak English in a natural and progressive manner.
• NSL Camps also offer English programs for juniors & teenagers in Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, & Whistler.
Parent Testimonial: "Thank you for your excellent service and good English teaching method. My 3 children have participated for two summers and their school marks in English have increased by 20%.” Joanne
Canadian Sports & Business Academy (CSBA) is a school dedicated exclusively to educating students in the fields of sports and business. Located in beautiful Whistler in the southern Pacific Ranges of the Coast Mountains, BC, approximately 125 kilometres (78 miles) north of Vancouver (host city of the 2010 winter Olympics), we offer sports instructor programs, athlete programs, as well as summer kids sports camps. All programs are supported with ESL classes for non-native English speakers.
We aim not only to instill sports techniques, but also language and the basics of business, in order to develop young people who will be able to actively participate in the sports business world. The purpose of CSBA is to draw out and promote the maximum utilization each individuals possibilities.
Our former graduates have gone on to be ski and snowboard instructors and sports trainers all over the world as they receive international certifications through our programs. Many of our athlete graduates are still competing at the professional level and attribute much of their successes to the learning environment at CSBA with its surrounding world class mountain resort and active community of Whistler.
Sports Programs & Activities plus English Language Classes:
1. Snowboard Program:
a. Athlete b. Jr Athlete c. Instructor
2. Ski Program:
a. Athlete b. Jr Athlete c. Instructor
3. Mountain Bike Program
4. Sports Instructor Program
5. Tennis and Golf Program
6. English as a Second Language (ESL) classes (General, workplace, test prep & private)
7. High School Prep Program
8. Kids Summer Camp Programs