Private schools in Pretoria, South Africa: Private primary & secondary school close to Johannesburg. English-speaking preschool & kindergarten programmes, early childhood education in Gauteng Province.
Star College, Pretoria: Located in Pretoria in the north of Gauteng Province, approximately 65 km north of Johannesburg, Star College is a newly established English-speaking primary and secondary school with an international flavour, contributing to our high academic standards. We provide both local and international students with a disciplined, positive learning experience with a personalized academic approach. We follow the Curriculum of the South African Department of Education, with an in depth focus on mathematics, science and computer technology, providing students with a higher level of academic excellence.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
We create a school culture that is built on success, respect, and accountability. The founders of our school recognize that the success of students is dependent upon the school's ability to create a culture that fosters meaningful, sustained relationships between teachers, students, and parents and holds all stakeholders responsible for outcomes.
Education Programmes For Grades R (Reception year) - Grade 12:
* Pre-primary school programmes
* Primary school programmes
* Secondary school programmes
- We follow the curriculum of the South African Department of Education
- In addition, we implement special Mathematics, Science & Computer programmes
- Subjects include: English (Home language); Afrikaans; African Language; Mathematics; Social Sciences; Economic and Management Sciences; Arts and Culture; Technology (Technology & Computer -ICDL); Turkish & more...
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• Visit 8 exciting Chinese cities (Beijing, Xi’an, Chengdu, Zhangjiajie, Phoenix Ancient Town, Guilin, LongSheng, Yangshuo)
• Take part in dance masterclasses in each location (Hip-Hop, Street Dance, Urban Choreography)
Camp package includes: - Airport pick up / drop off
- Intensive Dance classes
- Tour Guides and Staff members fluent in both English and Mandarin
- Transport between cities and towns
- Daily breakfast
- Excursions trips and tickets to various attractions
We are an acclaimed Pre & Primary Private School in Cape Town. Our goal at Synergy Schooling is to create a schooling experience where children, teachers and families feel at home and are welcome partners in an on-going exchange of ideas and dialogue. The school consciously encourages the construction of shared meanings between children, parents and the broader community.
We facilitate environments where culture is not learnt but created. In our South African context, this offers an exciting paradigm for the understanding and growth of an emerging non-racist culture. To achieve that, we place dialogue, communication and relationship skills at the heart of what we do.
Grayston Preparatory is located at Corner North Road and Gillard Street, Sandown, Sandton, Johannesburg in South Africa. The inclusive curriculum at Grayston Preparatory ensures that your child will receive an education of genuine quality. The development of self-confidence and self-esteem is of crucial importance. Problem solving, critical thinking, decision making and life skills are key components of the academic strategies, preparing your child for the road ahead. We offer a preparatory school program for ages 5 - 13 years and provide a child-focused educational package based on the individual needs of the learner. We also offer English support for non-English speaking families. Grayston Preparatory School proudly goes forward, “Holding the Hand that Holds the Future”.
• Conveniently located in Braamfontein, a central suburb of Johannesburg, International House Johannesburg - Language Lab (IH Johannesburg) provides a range of quality full-time and part-time English courses to South African students and international students from around the world. We teach students of all levels - from total beginners to advanced.
• We provide comprehensive IELTS preparation courses, and are the only centre in the Gauteng Province that offers the world-recognised Cambridge ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) exams.
• IH Johannesburg is a member of the International House World Organisation (IHWO), one of the largest and oldest groups of language schools in the world.
• We give our students the opportunity to learn English in an exciting environment that embraces multiculturalism and the vibrancy of city life.
• Our dedicated and passionate teachers are qualified in teaching English as a Second Language, with experience in teaching English overseas in many different parts of the world, and in teaching English from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We also provide customized business English training for companies & organizations.
Student Reviews: “The staff are friendly and hard-working, so students from all countries feel at home.”
- Mazeroge, Mozambique
"Being able to speak English, somehow makes you someone else with different values. Thanks to all at Language Lab."
- Alexandre, Gabon
• 4-week General English courses for foreigners
• English Improvement courses for South Africans (held part-time over 6 Saturday mornings)
• Private English lessons
• IELTS test preparation
• Exam preparation for Cambridge KET, PET, B2 First for Schools, FCE (Cambridge First Certificate), CAE, CPE..
• Business English training for companies & organizations
• Aviation English training and testing
• CELTA & DELTA English language teaching qualifications
• Homestay with a local English-speaking family
Located in the north of Krugersdorp, just a few kilometers north of Roodepoort, Alma Mater International School is a co-educational private school that offers Pre-Primary, Primary and High-School programs from Early Childhood to A Levels for domestic and international students.The language of instruction is English; with Afrikaans classes available for Grades 0-3. Our curriculum follows the Cambridge International Education (CIE) model, with standardized Cambridge examinations including the IGCSE, and Cambridge International AS and A Level programs.
CIE is part of the Cambridge Assessment Group (formerly known as UCLES) which has developed and promoted qualifications around the world for almost 150 years. CIE is part of the world–renowned University of Cambridge.
Co-educational School from Early Childhood to Grade 13/A Levels:
- Pre-Primary School Program (Early Childhood levels)
- Primary School Program (Grades 1-7)
- High School (Grades 8-12)
- Cambridge International Curriculum
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- Cambridge International AS & A-level courses
- Sixth Form (Grade 13/A Levels)
Located in Honeydew, Roodepoort, near Johannesburg, Charterhouse is an exclusive coeducational independent school in the finest tradition of private education. At Charterhouse, a structured approach to learning is maintained. The British Syllabus forms the foundation for all syllabus and curriculum development for the school. Specific content is adapted where necessary to ensure that the curriculum is relevant to the South African situation. The curriculum is in line with the Core Curriculum as set out by the Gauteng Department for Education. Charterhouse School is a registered member of the Cambridge International Primary Programme.