Private schools in South Africa: Preschool in Pretoria, private primary & secondary school close to Johannesburg. English-speaking preschool & kindergarten programmes, early childhood education in Gauteng Province.
Star College, Pretoria: Star College is located in Pretoria in the north of Gauteng Province, approximately 65 km north of Johannesburg. Star College is a newly established English-speaking primary and secondary school with an international flavour, contributing to our high academic standards and providing both local and international students with a disciplined and positive learning experience. We try to endeavour a personalized academic approach. We follow the Curriculum of the Department of Education, with an in depth focus on mathematics, science and computer technology, providing students with a higher level of academic excellence.
Star College School follows the Curriculum of the South African Department of Education. In addition to that, we implement special Mathematics, Science & Computer programmes. Education Programmes for Grades R (Reception year) - Grade 12:
* Pre-primary school programmes * Primary school programmes * Secondary school programmes
Academic Subjects: - The General Education and Training Phase (Grades 8 & 9) - Subjects: - English (Home language) - Afrikaans - African Language - Mathematics - Social Sciences (History & Geography) - Economic and Management Sciences - Arts and Culture - Technology (Technology & Computer -ICDL) - Life Orientation - Turkish The Further Education and Training Phase (Grades 10 to 12): Grade 9 students, in consultation with their parents and the School, select a course of study comprising 7 subjects for their senior phase.
- English Home Language - A First Additional Language ( Afrikaans or An African Language) - Life Orientation - Mathematics
In addition, students must choose any THREE OR MORE subjects from the following list:
- Physical Science - Accounting - Engineering Graphics & Design (Technical Drawing) - Geography - Life Sciences (Biology) - Business Studies - Information Technology (IT) - Computer Application Technology (CAT) - History - Additional Maths (Maths 3) Extra-Curricular Activities: Throughout the year, our teachers prepare students to compete at International level in Olympiads, as we will be sending students abroad to compete at International Maths, Science and also Technology Olympiads.
We currently have the followiing Extra-Currivular activities available:
Located in the north of Krugersdorp, just a few kilometers north of Roodepoort, Alma Mater International School is a co-educational private school that offers Pre-Primary, Primary and High-School programs from Early Childhood to A Levels for domestic and international students.The language of instruction is English; with Afrikaans classes available for Grades 0-3. Our curriculum follows the Cambridge International Education (CIE) model, with standardized Cambridge examinations including the IGCSE, and Cambridge International AS and A Level programs.
CIE is part of the Cambridge Assessment Group (formerly known as UCLES) which has developed and promoted qualifications around the world for almost 150 years. CIE is part of the world–renowned University of Cambridge.
Co-educational School from Early Childhood to Grade 13/A Levels:
- Pre-Primary School Program (Early Childhood levels)
- Primary School Program (Grades 1-7)
- High School (Grades 8-12)
- Cambridge International Curriculum
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- Cambridge International AS & A-level courses
- Sixth Form (Grade 13/A Levels)
Located in Honeydew, Roodepoort, near Johannesburg, Charterhouse is an exclusive coeducational independent school in the finest tradition of private education. At Charterhouse, a structured approach to learning is maintained. The British Syllabus forms the foundation for all syllabus and curriculum development for the school. Specific content is adapted where necessary to ensure that the curriculum is relevant to the South African situation. The curriculum is in line with the Core Curriculum as set out by the Gauteng Department for Education. Charterhouse School is a registered member of the Cambridge International Primary Programme.
• Study online at home in Mississippi! Adirondack Learning Academy is an NISAC-accredited and NCAA-approved online homeschool.
• We deliver comprehensive study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students in Mississippi and throughout the U.S.
• Our state of the art Odysseyware Curriculum provides comprehensive, individualized programs to suit all students and learning styles.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
• ALA welcomes students with special needs. Our state-of-the-art curriculum can be customized to meet the special needs of students with Autism, ADHD, and Dyslexia, as well as those with general learning disabilities.
Online Homeschool Programs: - For students in Kindergarten through Grade 12
- A homeschool diploma is awarded to each high school senior on successful completion of the program
Curriculum features: • Advance Placement (AP) classes
• College preparation assistance
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned their own personal learning coach
• Single classes and summer classes are also available
• Give your child an unforgettable summer experience in China! Located in the beautiful city of Kunming, the capital of the Yunnan Province in southwest China, Keats School is a leading Chinese language school.
• Approximately 2.5 hours by air from Beijing and Shanghai, we provide quality Mandarin courses for children, teenagers and adults.
• Programs are offered in summer and year-round, and suitable for students of all levels. Our standard Chinese courses are designed for young learners ages 5-15, while in addition, we can organize summer programs for high school & college students. Homestay accommodation with Chinese host families is also available.
• The aim of our Chinese programs for children is to help them have a better understanding of the language and culture. It combines private Chinese lessons, Chinese culture classes, and excursions.
• This program is suitable both for families from overseas who are coming to Kunming to learn the Chinese language and culture, and for expat families who are living in Kunming and want one-to-one Chinese immersion for their child.
• The program fee includes airport pick-up and drop-off, as well as accommodation in a comfortable family room. Parents are welcome to attend afternoon activities with their children.
• Keats School is accredited by Provincial Education Department and Kunming Education Department.
Charter College is a private Cambridge-registered high school in Roodepoort in Johannesburg, Gauteng, offering Grade 8 to AS-Levels. We are also a registered Cambridge International Examination Centre. We follow the Cambridge curriculum. Students undertake their IGCSE / O-levels in Year 10 / 11 and their AS / A-levels in Years 11 and 12.
We provide small classes and high academic standards, as well as a selection of sports and extra-curricular activities. The college offers an international education and selected sports facilities in a peaceful natural environment. Charter College provides students with a progressive and forward thinking education within a disciplined and structured environment. It is our belief that manners and respect go hand in hand with academic and sporting endeavour.
Charter College is registered as an independent school with the Department of Education. Each class has a maximum of 24 pupils. Charter College follows a three-term calendar similar to that proposed by the Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa.
Charter College is situated in Honeydew on Johan Road, only 1.7 km from Beyers Naude Drive and with easy access from main commuter routes.
Miracle Mandarin's one to four week summer day camps in Beijing and Shanghai provide an ideal experience for children & teens (10-17 years) seeking an opportunity to learn or improve their Mandarin Chinese language skills.
At Miracle Mandarin, students receive a world-class Chinese language education, and are immersed in Chinese culture including Chinese games, crafts, calligraphy, and excursions.
Inside the classroom and out, Miracle Mandarin summer camp will ignite students' imaginations and launch them on a lifetime voyage of discovery.
Your child will make new friends, learn a new language - Chinese, discover China and grow! At Miracle Mandarin, students gain the confidence, motivation and learning skills, to make them unstoppable.
Student Testimonial: "Teachers are all nice and atmosphere is pleasant. Everyone is always helpful. I enjoyed my classes at Miracle Mandarin. I believe I'll be back for next year's summer camp!" - Phillipe, France