The Academy at Sisters, Bend:
Located just south of Bend, Oregon at the base of the Three Sisters Mountains, The Academy at Sisters is a small and exclusive therapeutic boarding school for at risk young women ages 13-18.
- Personalized Treatment Planning
The Academy offers personalized treatment planning for each girl with an assigned Case Manager and oversight from our Clinical Support Team. Length of stay is approximately one year to 18 months.
- Combining Academics with Therapy
Our on-campus Academic Program is an integral part of our Treatment Program, varied and challenging, making us the leading Oregon Boarding School for at-risk girls.
- Proven Track Record
The Academy at Sisters at-risk girls' boarding school has a proven track record of success and safety. It is evidence-based and is considered a best practices program by national standards.
- Experienced Staff
Academy staff are qualified, committed, experienced and dedicated to the success and well-being of every girl. We offer an Equine Assisted Therapy Program. This program provides metaphors of therapeutic value for our at-risk girls.
- Boarding Programs with treatment and academics for at-risk girls aged 13-18 due to drugs, alcohol, poor peer relationships, truancy
- Academy Personal Growth Treatment Program
- Academic Program for High School Diploma with subjects including math, English, science, social studies, arts, physical education
- Equine Assisted Therapy Program
- Learning Support Services including SAT exam preparation, accelerated reading, accelerated math, authentic assessment, career planning, independent study
The typical student for the Academy at Sisters is an at-risk adolescent girl between the ages of 13-18. Some have run away, chosen poor peer relationships, have no boundaries, are receiving bad grades in school, are truant, have drug and alcohol issues, continually put themselves in dangerous situations, and are beyond parental control.
If your daughter has drug and alcohol issues, or if currently on medication, she must be stabilized before arrival at our school. Current psychological and academic testing are helpful, but not always required.
We teach students to, "learn from the past, plan for the future, and live responsibly in the present".
We are accredited by the the National Institute of Health, Northwest Association of Accredited Schools and Oregon Department of Education. The Academy is licensed by Oregon Department of Human Services and a member of the following:
National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), Oregon Alliance of Children’s Programs (OACP), Coalition of Advocates for Equal Access for Girls, National Network for Youth.
- The Academy at Sisters Oregon boarding school operates on two campuses. Our Lodge Campus is located just south of Bend and is tucked in the lodgepole pines at the base of the Cascade Mountains.
- It is a beautiful new 24,000 square foot facility with 30 suites for accommodation. Each suite contains a living room, bathroom, kitchenette and bedroom. Initially, girls may share a suite. This setting is the first phase of the girls placement and offers a therapeutic environment.
- Eventually, girls transition to the second phase of our program at the Read Campus, which is located on a spectacular 20-acre parcel at the base of the Cascade Mountains just east of Bend. At the Read Campus they have the opportunity to attend the local high school and continue participation in our Equine Assisted Therapy Program.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Three Sisters Mountains, Lodge Campus, Bend, Oregon , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.