New Leaf Academy Of Oregon:
Located in Bend, Oregon, New Leaf Academy is an all-girls therapeutic boarding school for troubled 10-14 year olds. We serve young girls who have been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD Behavior), Asperger's Syndrome, Tourette's Syndrome/non-verbal type, mood, bi-polar or conduct disorder, depression anxiety, and more. Our program is tailored to the developmental, social, emotional and academic needs of a pre-adolescent and young adolescent girl.
Therapeutic Boarding School Program for Troubled Girls Ages 10-14:
- A Personal Approach
At New Leaf Academy girls prep boarding schools each student has her own Individual Academic Plan designed personally for her. Staff members base her plan upon her outcomes from a wide range of assessments that test academic progress and personality. They consider her personal academic history, her individual strengths and weaknesses, and her personal learning style.
- Education of the "Whole Child"
The private boarding school's educational philosophy is the development of the whole person: socially and emotionally as well as academically. For this reason academic and counseling staff members work closely together and discuss each student's progress at least once weekly.
- Parents oversee their daughter's program
Through Parent Check-in, parents can view their child's daily work and progress, and check quiz and other test scores on line. Parents provide motivation to keep their child on track.
- Developing Seven Kinds of Intelligence
The Academy recognizes Harvard professor Howard Gardner's work that human intelligence is multi-dimensional and that teachers can develop lessons for each of the following:
- Linguistic Intelligence ("word smart")
- Logical-Mathematical Intelligence ("number/reasoning smart")
- Spatial Intelligence ("picture smart")
- Bodily- Intelligence ("body smart")
- Musical Intelligence ("music smart")
- Interpersonal Intelligence ("people smart")
- Intrapersonal Intelligence ("self smart")
- Naturalist Intelligence ("nature smart")
- A Traditional College Preparatory Curriculum
The Academy offers a solid grounding in English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science. However, students can choose between a wide range of courses like journalism, astronomy, foreign language and computer science as well as a variety of art and physical education classes.
- Proven Record of AchievementStudents study in small classes with individual attention from their teachers. They complete between one and one a half-hours of supervised homework per day. Most students gain between one and four years of grade level improvement during their time at New Leaf Academy.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 97708-6454, Bend, Oregon , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.