University Of Saskatchewan: The University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada is a is a coeducational public research university offering a distance-delivered university-based Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (CERTESL) Program that can be taken from anywhere in the world. Some courses may be taken on campus. Students who complete the on-campus Summer TEFL Intensive at the U of Sask. may be eligible for transfer credit and an application bursary.
Do you teach or want to teach English as a second language to foreign students in an English-speaking country (TESL), teach English as a foreign language in another country (TEFL), or teach English as a Second Dialect to indigenous Canadians (TESD)? Do you need an online or paper-based distance training option? This six course, 250-hour teacher training program will give you the knowledge and credentials you need to succeed in the competitive Canadian and International TESOL field. Whether you want to make English teaching your new career, improve your qualifications for accreditation or advancement in teaching ESL or EFL, or just be well-prepared for a great overseas adventure, CERTESL can help you reach your goal.
How will CERTESL prepare me to meet my English teaching goals?
CERTESL lets you choose courses that will train you to teach in ESL, EFL or ESD settings, depending on your own career or travel plans. CERTESL courses will teach you about the ideas and approaches that underpin effective communicative language teaching; ESL/EFL learner needs assessment and evaluation; TESL/TEFL lesson planning; selection and development of TESL/TEFL materials; and English grammar and phonology. our Supervised Practicum in TESL/TEFL will let you master the skills needed by successful English language instructors as you work with ESL/EFL classes and qualified teachers either in your home community or at the beautiful University of Saskatchewan campus in Saskatoon, Canada. If you are already an experienced teacher, you may choose the Professional Project option which will let you conduct TESL research or prepare TESL curriculum materials that will help you in your own professional setting.
How are CERTESL and TEFL courses delivered?
Most of CER TESL’s TESL and TEFL courses are offered in both online and paper-based distance-delivered formats. Pick the delivery style that works best for you.
Applicants who would prefer to start their training face-to-face instead of by distance can start their training with the on-campus Spring or Summer TEFL Intensive option through the University of Saskatchewan’s Centre for Second Language Instruction. Students who pass the Intensive with an average of 60% in each half and pass its optional final exams will receive transfer credit for two courses into CERTESL, as well as a $75 application bursary if they complete their next CERTESL course by distance within one year.
Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language Program (CERTESL):
CERTESL lets you choose courses that will train you to teach in ESL (English as a Second Language), EFL (English as a Foreign Language) or ESD (English as a Second Dialect) settings, depending on your own career or travel plans.
EnVision Education Foundation is a not-for-profit organization in Toronto, Ontario that offers Assessment, Training, Career Development, Employment and Language services to new immigrants and individuals in transition.
We offer a comprehensive TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) training program to students and professionals from around the world.
Our 40 hour English teacher training TESL Certificate Program includes modules on Effective ESL Teaching, Lesson Planning, Practice Teaching, and Practical Teacher Training Tools.
World TESL Certificate will enable prospective teachers developing competencies in second language acquisition, current teaching pedagogy, methodology and organization of classroom instructions.
VIA Training Centre is in a bright heritage building in the heart of downtown Victoria, BC. The centre has a computer lab, student lounge, and TESL Library. Victoria is a very beautiful, clean, and safe city, and the capital of British Columbia.
The instructor has been teaching this class for several years, and brings a great deal of new ideas and energy to the program, making this a leading TESL program in Canada. Theory taught in the classroom is combined with activities, allowing our graduates to become confident, skilled teachers.
Located in Coquitlam in Metro Vancouver BC, CS Academy for Teachers provides a range of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificate and diploma courses.
We offer professional development opportunities to help English language teachers to improve their teaching skills, enrich their lessons with interesting activities, and guide the creative voices of their students more effectively.
Courses offered by CS Academy for Teachers are based upon Global TESOL College courses which feature an original approach to teaching English with an emphasis on creative application.
Greystone College offers a 12-week TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) Diploma course in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Our TESOL certification program is recognized by TESL Canada. The objective of our teacher training program is to provide trainees with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to be successful ESL/EFL teachers. The course is open to Canadian and international students.
Students who successfully complete this program may apply for TESL Canada’s Professional Standard Two certification, provided they meet language and education requirements. They will also have the option to take the internationally-recognized Cambridge University TKT exam which is a test from Cambridge ESOL about teaching English to speakers of other languages.
Each student will observe 10 or more hours of ESL classes, will spend time with a mentor teacher, and will teach their own class for at least 10 hours as their final practicum, under the supervision of a sponsor teacher. Our TESOL course focuses on a high degree of interaction between instructor and students.
• EBC would like to invite Canadians to consider Madrid and Spain as a quality TEFL course + work destination in Europe. Madrid is a TEFL hotspot year-round with a vibrant nightlife and cultural immersion experience, and EBC Madrid offers an accredited TEFL course with job placement program for our graduates! Contact us today for details of our next course dates.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers a British Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC Madrid provides our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).
• With two training centres in Toronto, Ontario, StudyCELTA provides quality English language teacher courses to students from Canada and around the world.
• The Eglinton Avenue Campus training centre in the North Toronto area offers both full-time and part-time Cambridge CELTA courses, and part-time Cambridge DELTA courses.
• The University Avenue Campus training centre in downtown Toronto area offers full-time Cambridge CELTA courses.
• Being active globally in the TEFL / TESOL field since 1999, StudyCELTA is highly experienced in facilitating English language teacher certification for students who have made the decision to become a teacher of English as a second language.
• Having experienced work life ourselves as second language teachers and in management roles in language schools globally, we fully understand the importance and process of choosing a quality, accredited TEFL course. We look forward to answering your questions.
• Accommodation can be arranged by the Teacher Training Center for trainees coming from outside of Toronto.
Student Review: "The opportunity to actually teach while learning is an unparalleled experience and the teacher trainers employ the same methodology in their instructions. Having a teacher with a wealth of experience is excellent, but having teachers who care so passionately about teaching is invaluable."
- Michael from Canada