StudyCELTA: CELTA Courses Las Palmas, Gran Canaria: Earn an internationally-recognised English teacher qualification while experiencing life in the beautiful Canary Islands! Conveniently located in the centre of Las Palmas which is the capital of Gran Canaria, StudyCELTA provides a full-time, 4-week CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) which is available throughout the year to students from around the world. The courses are offered through our partner training centre in Las Palmas.
Designed for people with little or no previous teaching experience, CELTA is the most frequently sought-after qualification for TEFL jobs worldwide. The fact that it is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment (part of the world-famous University of Cambridge), means that you can rely on its quality and recognition.
Incorporating teaching practice into the comprehensive curriculum, the CELTA course will open up a whole world of exciting teaching opportunities.
StudyCELTA is a young and dynamic team of professionals working in the field of English language teaching since 1999. We are here to help and give you our advice based on personal knowledge of Gran Canaria and of English language teaching as a career.
CELTA Teacher Training:
StudyCELTA provides a 4-week CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course offered year-round. Includes hands-on teaching practice. While prior teaching experience is not needed to be accepted onto this course, you do need to have a near-native level of English, if it is not your first language.
Professional & Experienced Tutors:
StudyCELTA tutors are highly-qualified and professional trainers, with extensive experience of teaching English as a Foreign Language (EFL) to students of all levels and in a variety of contexts. As well as completing the CELTA and Delta qualifications, they have received CELTA Trainer accreditation through the University of Cambridge, and have many years of both teaching and training experience.
Las Palmas is a large city with a vibrant nightlife with plenty of amenities and it has excellent sporting facilities from athletics to surfing. The average winter temperature is Gran Canaria is 22º and it never goes below 19º. You will find that the cost of living in the Canary Islands is more economical than in mainland Spain.
The training centre is only 4 minutes walk from the main bus terminal, which makes it easily accessible from many different locations. There are several bars and restaurants beside the academy. The training centre has a very relaxed atmosphere with tutors and staff always on hand to help applicants with any queries or problems that they may have.
We can arrange accommodation to suit the needs of all our students:
- Homestay accommodation with Spanish Families: You will receive half board (breakfast and dinner) for €500 per month. Please bear in mind that most Spanish families sit down to dinner around nine o´clock, which is later than in many other countries.
- Hostels: Las Palmas has several hostels which cater for tourists on short stays. A single room with a shared bathroom in a hostel starts at approx. €360 (room only) per month.
- Hotels: There are also several hotels located near the academy.
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2020-06-05 were from:
Durban/KwaZulu-Natal / Reservior Hill, South Africa;
EAST FREMANTLE, Australia;
Devon, UK & England;
Johannesburg, South Africa;
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
Combine English language teaching with travel by earning the CELTA qualification with StudyCELTA in Palma de Mallorca in Spain!
We offer a full-time, 4-week CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) which is the most widely-recognised initial qualification in teaching English as a foreign or second language.
Designed for native and non-native speakers of English with a high level of English proficiency, who have little or no experience of teaching, the CELTA course is the minimum qualification required to work at a British Council-accredited school in the UK, and in most established language schools in Spain and worldwide.
Palma de Mallorca is the capital city of the autonomous community of the Balearic Islands in Spain. The StudyCELTA teacher training centre is conveniently situated just off the prestigious Passeig Mallorca avenue and a couple of minutes' walk from the old city.
INTESOL International TESOL Training offers accredited TESOL/TEFL training in Barcelona, Spain. Since 1993, we have been dedicated to maintaining the highest standards in ESL teacher training programs. We run the INTESOL Certificate in TESOL in Leeds, Nantwich (Cheshire), London and Great Yarmouth. Other international locations include the USA, Costa Rica, Peru, Mexico, Italy, Czech Republic.
We are ranked amongst the top TEFL course providers for the quality of our teaching so, whatever your reason for studying, you'll find yourself in expert hands. With INTESOL you have the option to gain your accredited TEFL certificate via the traditional Onsite Intensive Approach, or by flexible online/distance learning. The INTESOL Certificate in TESOL is accredited as being at NQF Level 4 by OCNW, a National Awarding Body, making the INTESOL Cert TESOL equivalent to the CELTA and Trinity TESOL.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers aBritish Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC offers our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).
TtMadrid was started by a team of experienced TEFL teachers and TEFL trainers with more than 10 years experience in the field. We are dedicated to providing quality teacher training, ensuring our trainees have full support and guidance both during and after the course.
We have used our experience as TEFL teachers to put together a focused and structured programme for our trainees. Our primary focus for the training plan is to give teacher trainees an edge when it comes to seeking employment and feeling at ease in the workplace. Working overseas and teaching English can be both challenging and rewarding.
We give our trainees all the tools they need to become successful TEFL teachers. We guarantee interviews with the largest teaching agencies in Madrid and offer full post course job support and professional development.
We are located in the centre of Madrid in the swanky neighborhood of Salamanca.
TtMadrid offers a 4 week Intensive TEFL Certificate Course accredited by IATQuO, which means that you are assured of our standards and quality. You receive a minimum of 6 hours real teaching practice which is observed by one of our experienced teachers.
Our course is modern and includes teaching business English and telephone teaching which reflects the current market.
CLIC (Centro de Lenguas e Intercambio Cultural) International House Seville is a lively modern language school with an international atmosphere, with two centres in the heart of Seville in Andalusia in southern Spain. We offer CELTA and DELTA courses, as well as TEFL management courses for for experienced teachers who are interested in being trained to take up a senior teaching or management position in a language school.
International House Seville Teacher Training was approved by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES) as a centre for Cambridge courses in 1998. All our teacher training courses thus have the double guarantee of Cambridge and International House. It is one of the largest English language teaching centres in Andalusia and the only Cambridge ESOL CELTA and DELTA centre in southern Spain.
CLIC became a fully-affiliated member of the International House World Organisation in 1997, under the new name of CLIC International House Seville.
- CELTA courses
- CELTA Summer Special Package available as 8 or 10 week course
- DELTA courses
- TEFL Management course for experienced teachers who are interested in being trained to take up a senior teaching or management position in a language school
- Special courses for Teaching Younger Learners and Teaching Business English
International House Madrid (IH Madrid) in Spain offers a range of TEFL / TESOL teacher training qualifications for students from all over the world. We offer a Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course, a Cambridge DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) course and a Young Learner Certificate course for students who wish to teach English as a second language to children and teenagers. IH Madrid has over 20 years of experience in ESL teacher training.
The CELTA course is intended for those without previous experience who wish to enter the profession and for teachers with no previous training in this field. Success in the Certificate has enabled many candidates to obtain their first teaching position: the course is highly regarded by employers as providing sound initial training and a strong basis from which to develop as a teacher of English.
Cambridge ESOL has introduced a revised DELTA syllabus comprising three modules; Module One focuses on the background to teaching and learning; Module Two focuses on developing professional practice; Module Three focuses on a specialist option (e.g. Young Learners, ESP, 1-1).