Immigrant Services Society of BC Language College: Situated in downtown Vancouver, BC, the Immigrant Services Society of BC Language College is an international language training institute that provides a 8-week TESOL (Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages) Teaching Diploma that will prepare you to teach English to ESL students in Canada, and abroad. The course can also be completed in 10 weeks through evening classes. Recognized by TESL Canada, graduates who complete our practicum are also eligible to apply for TESL Canada membership and teach English in Canada.
TESOL (Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages) Teaching Diploma Our TESOL diploma will prepare you to teach English to ESL students in Canada and abroad. Recognized by TESL Canada (www.tesl.ca) - graduates who complete our practicum are also eligible to apply for TESL Canada membership and teach English in Canada.
What We Offer: - TESOL diploma upon successful completion of all course assignments and assessments - An exciting program that utilizes activities, presentations and practice teaching - Course materials, including extensive handouts and access to our student library - Classroom training with expert instructors in a friendly and enjoyable environment
Learning Outcomes: - Develop an understanding of different teaching methodologies - Gain a thorough understanding of how to teach the core components of English - Learn about the tools and techniques of classroom management - Learn to prepare and present lessons in each skill area using a communicative approach - Gain experience by teaching mini-lessons to other students
Program Details: - 8 week TESOL Diploma program (10 weeks in evening classes) - 128 hours of class time and observations - Covers 5 key topics, taught by 5 specialized instructors:
Modules include: - Introduction to TESOL - Teaching Grammar - Teaching Pronounciation - Teaching Listening and Speaking - Teaching Reading and Writing
Become an English language teacher and start an exciting and rewarding career that can take you anywhere in the world and help you to change people's lives! Sol Schools Calgary provides modern, professional, accredited courses in a real ESL setting as well as full employment assistance!
We offer a full-time or part-time TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) Diploma course and a one-week introductory TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate course. Our family of teachers and staff are well travelled, qualified and caring individuals.
Ideally located in the downtown core right on the C-Train public transit line, Sol Schools Calgary is in the heart of the city's shopping and entertainment district. It is serviced by the Crowfoot/Somerset train line, with Victoria Park/Stampede LRT the closest train station. Our school offers spacious classrooms, media room, computer lab, student lounge with foosball table, lunch room, kitchen, a lending book and DVD library, as well as a quiet study room.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Ontesol is a TEFL / TESOL training provider offering internationally-recognised online TEFL / TESOL courses to students from Canada and around the world. We provide accredited certificate and diploma teacher training certification programs to students who wish to teach English as a second language in Canada and / or abroad.
Ontesol was developed by Coventry House International in Toronto, the only school in North America that offers Trinity CertTESOL courses, to provide students with the flexibility of taking an internationally recognized TESOL / TEFL course online. Ontesol's courses have been evaluated and accredited by two separate, independent accrediting bodies: the UK-based Accreditation Council for TESOL Distance Education Courses (ACTDEC) and TESL Canada.
Our mission is to provide teachers with the latest innovative approaches, techniques, strategies, and classroom procedures in order to foster their professional development. As part of this process of discovery of new resources in the TESOL methodological field, we celebrate reflective teaching at the core of all educational changes.
• With two training centres in Toronto, Ontario, StudyCELTA provides quality English language teacher courses to students from Canada and around the world.
• The Eglinton Avenue Campus training centre in the North Toronto area offers both full-time and part-time Cambridge CELTA courses, and part-time Cambridge DELTA courses.
• The University Avenue Campus training centre in downtown Toronto area offers full-time Cambridge CELTA courses.
• Being active globally in the TEFL / TESOL field since 1999, StudyCELTA is highly experienced in facilitating English language teacher certification for students who have made the decision to become a teacher of English as a second language.
• Having experienced work life ourselves as second language teachers and in management roles in language schools globally, we fully understand the importance and process of choosing a quality, accredited TEFL course. We look forward to answering your questions.
• Accommodation can be arranged by the Teacher Training Center for trainees coming from outside of Toronto.
Student Review: "The opportunity to actually teach while learning is an unparalleled experience and the teacher trainers employ the same methodology in their instructions. Having a teacher with a wealth of experience is excellent, but having teachers who care so passionately about teaching is invaluable."
- Michael from Canada
International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students in Canada, USA, UK, Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from Canada, USA, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further Professional / Career Development Training Online:
• ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers:
Hospitality, business management, office admin, PR, marketing, sales, HR, IT / web design, journalism, counselling & psychology, natural health / nutrition, catering, fashion design, beauty therapy, makeup, pet care, & more.
• ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese & more.
Centrally located in downtown Victoria BC, Inlingua Victoria provides an intensive 120-hour TESL / TEFL Teacher Training Diploma Program for students looking to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) at home or abroad. The program includes 100 hours of intensive and comprehensive ESL methodologies, lesson planning, resources and job search skills. Student teachers also complete 20-hours of hands on teaching with ESL students from around the world who are attending our English Language Programs in Victoria.
We invite you to become a part of a very special college. Flexible, dynamic, and lively learning to challenge and engage, we prepare our students for an ever changing, exciting world. With a long, proud history of innovation and excellence in language training, it is our pleasure to introduce you inlingua. We search the world for excellence in language training, facilities and teachers, bringing world class courses to our college.
Intensive 120-hour TEFL / TESL Teacher Training Diploma Program
- Theories and Methods – Overview of TESL
- Communicating effectively – Teaching Grammar
- Pronunciation to conversation – Teaching Listening & Speaking
- Literature and life – Teaching Reading
- Communicating creatively – Teaching Writing
- Designing an ESL curriculum
- Testing in ESL
- Making the classroom work – Class dynamics
- Finding your first ESL job
- Tutoring in ESL/EFL
StudyCELTA: CELTA & Delta Courses Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Courses / Programs
StudyCELTA is a professional English teacher training provider that offers teacher training programs in 13 countries and 24 different cities around the world. Our schools in Vancouver BC provides 4-week, full-time CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) courses to students from around the world. The West Pender Street venue also offers Delta course modules.
Our CELTA tutors are highly-experienced and qualified teachers who have also received CELTA Trainer accreditation through the University of Cambridge. They have completed both the CELTA and Delta qualifications and have many years of both teaching and training experience.
Accommodation can be arranged by the teacher training centres for trainees from outside Vancouver. We're here to help and give you our advice based on personal knowledge of Vancouver and of English language teaching as a career.