Immigrant Services Society of BC Language College: Situated in downtown Vancouver, BC, the Immigrant Services Society of BC Language College is an international language training institute that provides a 8-week TESOL (Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages) Teaching Diploma that will prepare you to teach English to ESL students in Canada, and abroad. The course can also be completed in 10 weeks through evening classes. Recognized by TESL Canada, graduates who complete our practicum are also eligible to apply for TESL Canada membership and teach English in Canada.
TESOL (Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages) Teaching Diploma Our TESOL diploma will prepare you to teach English to ESL students in Canada and abroad. Recognized by TESL Canada (www.tesl.ca) - graduates who complete our practicum are also eligible to apply for TESL Canada membership and teach English in Canada.
What We Offer: - TESOL diploma upon successful completion of all course assignments and assessments - An exciting program that utilizes activities, presentations and practice teaching - Course materials, including extensive handouts and access to our student library - Classroom training with expert instructors in a friendly and enjoyable environment
Learning Outcomes: - Develop an understanding of different teaching methodologies - Gain a thorough understanding of how to teach the core components of English - Learn about the tools and techniques of classroom management - Learn to prepare and present lessons in each skill area using a communicative approach - Gain experience by teaching mini-lessons to other students
Program Details: - 8 week TESOL Diploma program (10 weeks in evening classes) - 128 hours of class time and observations - Covers 5 key topics, taught by 5 specialized instructors:
Modules include: - Introduction to TESOL - Teaching Grammar - Teaching Pronounciation - Teaching Listening and Speaking - Teaching Reading and Writing
Located in the Lower Mainland in BC, Canada, we are situated in Richmond, which is about 30 minutes south of the downtown core Kwantlen is the longest established CELTA centre on the west coast of Canada. Although we do not have a current CELTA offering, we have been running courses regularly since 1997, and we have an established team of Cambridge accredited trainers with substantial experience teaching English and training teachers both abroad and in Canada. Kwantlen offers longer CELTA courses that allow trainee teachers more time to develop the knowledge, skills and awareness to begin their careers: choose from 5-week full time courses or 12-week part-time courses. The CELTA course at Kwantlen is unique in offering an online module that gives trainees hands-on experience with an online learning environment.
CELTA, part-time courses. CELTA, full time courses. CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is the most widely recognized certification in the world for ESL teacher training.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Ontario in Canada, Sol Schools Toronto offers a range of internationally-recognized and accredited ESL teacher training courses to students from Canada and around the world.
Certification programs offered by Sol Schools Toronto include a part-time and full-time TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) diploma, Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course and a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate.
We also offer 5-hour teacher training workshops which cover specific aspects of English language teaching such as Teaching Business English; Teaching English to Young Learners or Teaching English Online.
Conveniently located in downtown Toronto, Sol Schools Toronto is within walking distance of Wellesley subway station, the famous Eaton's Centre and 10 minutes to the CN Tower on the subway.
Because Sol Schools Toronto is also an ESL school, teacher training students are constantly immersed with ESL learners throughout the day to give a real sense of what it is like in a school that teaches English as a second language.
• With two training centres in Toronto, Ontario, StudyCELTA provides quality English language teacher courses to students from Canada and around the world.
• The Eglinton Avenue Campus training centre in the North Toronto area offers both full-time and part-time Cambridge CELTA courses, and part-time Cambridge DELTA courses.
• The University Avenue Campus training centre in downtown Toronto area offers full-time Cambridge CELTA courses.
• Being active globally in the TEFL / TESOL field since 1999, StudyCELTA is highly experienced in facilitating English language teacher certification for students who have made the decision to become a teacher of English as a second language.
• Having experienced work life ourselves as second language teachers and in management roles in language schools globally, we fully understand the importance and process of choosing a quality, accredited TEFL course. We look forward to answering your questions.
• Accommodation can be arranged by the Teacher Training Center for trainees coming from outside of Toronto.
Student Review: "The opportunity to actually teach while learning is an unparalleled experience and the teacher trainers employ the same methodology in their instructions. Having a teacher with a wealth of experience is excellent, but having teachers who care so passionately about teaching is invaluable."
- Michael from Canada
Are you ready to start an exciting new career teaching English abroad? Take one of Ontesol's accredited online TESOL / TEFL courses and gain an internationally-recognized qualification as an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher from the comfort of your own home.
Ontesol was developed by Coventry House International in Toronto to provide students with the flexibility of taking a TESOL / TEFL course online. Coventry House International has years of experience delivering advanced TESOL courses such as Trinity CertTESOL and TESL Canada.
Our innovative online teacher training courses provide students with the skills and knowledge required to become ESL teachers. Our mission is to provide teachers with the latest innovative approaches, techniques, strategies, and classroom procedures in order to foster their professional development.
Situated located in Vancouver, BC, Vancouver Community College (VCC) offers one of the largest TESOL / TESL / TEFL English teacher training programs in Western Canada. VCC is recognized both nationally and internationally as a leader in English language teacher training. We offer a range of different online and on-site Certificate and Diploma programs for teaching English. Our training is accredited by BC TEAL and TESL Canada.
VCC is a recognized leader in instructor training, the choice of the Ministry of Advanced Education for its Provincial Instructor Diploma Program and home of the largest English language teacher training (TESOL) program in Western Canada.
We offer programs, courses and workshops to professional and potential adult educators and trainers, with graduates instructing in colleges, government, industry, non-profit and private sector organizations.
Online & On-site TESOL / TEFL English Teacher Training Courses:
- TEFL Certificate (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- TEFL Young Learners Certificate (TEYL)
- TESOL Certificate (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- TESOL Diploma - Fast Track
- TESOL Diploma - Part-time studies
- TESOL Distance Diploma
- TESOL Elective Courses
- Tutoring ESOL Certificate (English to Speakers of Other Languages)
• EBC would like to invite Canadians to consider Madrid and Spain as a quality TEFL course + work destination in Europe. Madrid is a TEFL hotspot year-round with a vibrant nightlife and cultural immersion experience, and EBC Madrid offers an accredited TEFL course with job placement program for our graduates! Contact us today for details of our next course dates.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers a British Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC Madrid provides our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).