TEFL in Spain, Malaga: Do you want to start an exciting new career as an English language teacher in Spain or around the world? TEFL in Spain provides a full-time 4-week and an 8 week part-time TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate course in Malaga, on the southern coast of Spain. This is an internationally-recognised English teacher training programme which provides you with all the required skills and knowledge to work successfully as an English teacher. We also offer a TEFL certificate course in Granada. Taking our TEFL certificate course provides you with a great possibility to teach English abroad, discover the world and increase your knowledge and experience of other cultures and languages.
Features of the 4-Week / 130-Hour Trinity CertTESOL Course:
- Internationally recognised certification - Min 6 hours of teaching practice with groups and individuals - Internationally experienced trainers and mentors - Job guidance for TEFL jobs worldwide - Workshops about working and living in Spain - Accommodation: Host families / private accommodation / hotels & apartments - Travel advice, visa application, airport transfer and travel health insurance. - Leisure and cultural activities Course Syllabus:
The Trinity CertTESOL course is a combination of: ◾Guided lesson preparation and observed teaching practice. Our training team will guide you through the teaching process, from assisting you with lesson preparation to assessing and giving constructive feedback on your classes to real students of English. ◾Input sessions related to English language teaching ◾Individual assignments
This course is validated by TrinityCollege and covers all 5 units of the Trinity Cert TESOL qualification:
Unit 1: Teaching Skills ◾Classroom teaching practice (when you prepare lessons and teach students). ◾Classroom teaching practice will be assessed by your course tutors. ◾Self-evaluation of your classroom teaching practice. ◾Observation of experienced teachers. ◾Teaching Practice Journal to be submitted at the end of the course.
Unit 2: Language Awareness ◾Develop your understanding of grammar, vocabulary and phonology through attending input sessions taught by the class tutors. ◾Written exam to test your understanding near the end of the course.
Unit 3: Learner Profile ◾Interview, prepare a 1-to-1 lesson for (i.e. a private lesson) and teach this lesson to a real English language learner. ◾Produce a written assignment describing what you learnt about the learner, their first language and also details and an assessment of the lesson you taught. This will be assessed by the course tutors.
Unit 4: Materials Assignment ◾Create a set of materials for your classroom teaching practice during the course. ◾Produce a short report describing how and why you created them and how effective they were. ◾This will be assessed through an interview with Trinity moderator on final day.
Unit 5: Unknown Language ◾Participate as a student in 4 unknown language lessons. ◾Produce a written journal describing your experience and how this will influence your teaching.
- Teaching Business English - Teaching young learners - Songs in the classroom - ICT in the classroom - How to evaluate and test students
Working in ELT
- How to write an effective CV - How to interview well - How to find work in Spain and worldwide
For further information on our TEFL course in Malaga, please email us via our Contact Us page.
International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students living in Madrid, Barcelona, Spain, Europe, the UK, USA, Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further Professional / Career Development Training Online:
• ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers:
Hospitality, business management, office admin, PR, marketing, sales, HR, IT / web design, journalism, counselling & psychology, natural health / nutrition, catering, fashion design, beauty therapy, makeup, pet care, & more.
• ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, English, Arabic, Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, & more.
Conveniently located just 10 minutes north of Madrid's vibrant city center, TEFL Madrid Academy provides a globally-recognized, 5-week TEFL English teacher training certificate course.
A globally recognized certification from our TEFL school can be your ticket to an exciting and rewarding overseas experience by providing you with the ability to work in thousands of schools, businesses, and language academies around the world.
A typical five-week onsite course features a combination of academic instruction, role playing and hands-on teaching with students.
TEFL Madrid Academy’s course provides a fantastic opportunity to earn your TEFL certification in a great foreign country. and keep up to date on Madrid’s local job market.
TEFL Madrid Academy offers the opportunity for fluent English speakers from all over the world to come and teach English in Spain’s incredible capital.
We are an institution where guided, practical teaching experience is our key focus and ensuring you are provided with all the opportunities and support you need.
TEFL Madrid Academy is a well equipped training center that is committed to the highest professional standards. We don’t simply offer an internationally recognised TEFL certification to our students but we also prepare them for a fulfilling career teaching English.
International TEFL in Barcelona is a teacher training school located near the famous Sagrada Familia cathedral in the Gracia area of the city. We are committed to offering you the highest quality training course whilst also doing everything possible to ensure that you will have a very enjoyable experience during your time in Barcelona.
Comprehensive training in all aspects of how to be a successful Teacher of English as a Foreign Language. All the grammar you will need for your first position, phonetics, instruction in how to structure an English lesson, teaching practice on real students.
CELTA at The Institute of Modern Languages, Granada
Courses / Programs
Located in Granada, a city in south-central Spain just 90 minutes north-east of Malaga, CELTA Granada is a dynamic teacher training centre that provides the CELTA Course (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) to students from all over the world who are interested in teaching English as a Second Language.
The CELTA Certification is a 4-week intensive course which covers the essential principles of teaching English. It is aimed at candidates with little or no experience in teaching, and it introduces ideas and information which are essential in starting to teach.
The CELTA is accredited at Level 5 of the Qualification and Credit Framework for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and is also an international qualification, highly valued and renowned throughout the world.
Student accommodation is an integral part of your stay with us in Granada. Whatever your budget, age or lifestyle we can ensure that your housing needs will be fulfilled by our team. Our courses take place at the Institute of Modern Languages (IML) in the heart of Granada - a traditional, friendly, well established language school which has taught countless students for over half a century.
Accredited CELTA English Language Teacher Training:
- 4-week intensive course
- Learn the essentials of teaching English
- Hands-on teaching practice
- No experience needed
- 2 more start dates in 2015
- Internationally-recognized qualification
- Accredited at Level 5 (Qualification and Credit Framework for England, Wales & Northern Ireland)
CELTA Courses Barcelona, Certificate in English Language Teaching for Adults with Cambridge School. The CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching for Adults) is an initial qualification for people who want to become teachers of English as a Foreign Language (EFL). It is awarded by the University of Cambridge (ESOL Examinations) and is aimed at people with little or no experience of teaching English as a Foreign Language. It is usually done intensively over four or five weeks.
Canterbury Consulting Spain will be offering a special summer TEFL course which is four weeks in duration and will begin on 30th May 2011. The course will be taught in Weeks 1 and 2 in our installations in Madrid and in Weeks 3 and 4 in our installations in the beautiful foothills of the “Picos de Europa” mountains in the province of León.
Our summer TEFL course will cover all the aspects of our regular international certification course, but will also include special instruction for teaching children and adolescents in summer and day camps and for teaching business professionals in a weekend retreat setting.
Our graduates will be working during the summer in camps ranging from onsite summer camps throughout Spain and day camps in Madrid, to teaching regular classes to business professionals and individuals in Madrid.