The University of Western Australia Business School:
The University of Western Australia (UWA) Business School in Perth is one of the premier business schools in the Asia Pacific region. It offers a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses designed to prepare graduates for careers in government, industry and the not-for-profit sector. We are the only business school in Western Australia to currently hold accreditation from EQUIS and AACSB. The UWA Business School MBA (Master of Business Administration) is ranked #1 in Western Australia and #5 in Australia (AFR Boss MBA Rankings 2009).
The University of Western Australia offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
Within the Bachelor of Commerce, the Business School offers undergraduate students the choice of eight majors including Accounting, Business Law, Economics (single and double major), Finance, Human Resource Management, Management and Marketing. Students can also undertake a second major from the Bachelor of Commerce or another degree, in addition to the possibility of an honours year.
Postgraduate courses offered by the UWA Business School include the Master of Commerce, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Professional Accounting (MPA), and specialised graduate diplomas and master’s in areas such as economics, marketing, business information management, and human resources and employment relations. Postgraduate students are also able to enrol in higher degrees by research.
• Our talented and resourceful students regularly demonstrate their ability to compete with the world’s best. We were winners of the Google Online Marketing Challenge in 2008 and again in 2010, and national winners of the Students in Free Enterprise competition in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
• Between 2005 and 2009, academic staff produced 515 scholarly articles in refereed journals, 73 books and 139 book chapters, and 450 papers at national and international conferences.
• The Business School has around 30 local and international corporate partners, including BHP Billiton, Ernst & Young, Wesfarmers, and Woodside.
The UWA Business School building is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, lecture theatres and case study rooms. The collaborative learning environment brings together students, staff, alumni and the business community.
There are computer labs, wireless access and on-site IT support to meet students’ study needs, as well as an on-site café, prayer room, courtyards, and common room equipped with modern kitchen and computing facilities.
In addition, the University offers an extensive range of student support services. These include:
• Personal and educational counselling
• Short courses in learning research skills, academic and assignment writing
• Vocational counselling and long-term career planning, and short-term, part-time and casual job opportunities
• Medical centre
• Housing and financial aid office
• Mentor scheme where new students are matched with a senior student for support and guidance
• Child care facilities
• Religious groups and facilities.
Graduates from the UWA Business School are highly regarded in the workplace and are employed in management roles in Australia and globally. In 2011, The Good Universities Guide to MBA and Management Courses awarded UWA five stars in the important ‘Graduate Salary’ and ‘Getting a Job’ categories. Employers of UWA graduates include:
• Australian Government
• BHP Billiton
• Ernst & Young
• Macquarie Bank
• Reserve Bank of Australia
• Rio Tinto
• United Nations
• World Bank
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, Perth, Western Australia , Australia|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.