act up, South London:
act up is an independent organisation specialising in communication and acting training. We are located in Lavender Hill, near Clapham Junction in South London. Clapham Common Tube Station is the closest tube station to Lavender Hill. Almost all of the acting and communication training courses take place at The Royal Academy of Dance, located at Battersea Square, which is a 5 minute walk from Clapham Junction in South London. All of the acting courses are short, part-time and professionally based. All of our courses run regularly throughout the year, and they are open to anyone over the age of 18. Among those attending are participants who travel from as close as the next street, right across London, or as far afield as Birmingham, Sheffield and Exeter.
Acting & Communication Training Courses:
Year-round short, part-time & professionally based acting courses or communication training courses (for 18 + years):
All of the acting courses are short, part-time and professionally based. Some are just for fun, a fantastic opportunity to challenge yourself creatively and to meet and act with like minded people. Some are aimed at people with a bit of previous experience that are now considering seeking a career as a professional actor, and some are workshop based and are just for professional actors. The series of act for courses form some of the main body of our work and have enabled many people to enter drama school over the years. Many had never even considered drama school before the start of their course.
As a consequence, we were invited to collaborate with The Oxford School of Drama, one of the top drama schools in the UK, to run their Outreach Programme. We also very much respect the actor as it is one of the hardest professions to enter, and we will always be very honest and practical with you on the realities of the industry. It takes guts to work in the arts and we are only too aware of this; we aim to springboard participants into the main stream acting profession. If you're doing a course just for fun, then it's never a bad thing to get an insight into a world you may not previously been that aware of.
- act one (beginners): 2-hour, eight-week course.
- act for foundation course: 2-hour, eight-week course.
- act for (aimed at anyone who is considering seeking a career as a professional actor): 3-hour, seven-week course.
- Alexander Technique for acting: A well known method which challenges habitual habits and enables free movement in the mind and body.
- act up's short summer course: 4 day summer course.
- act for two: 3-hour, seven-week course.
- ready to audition? course: Aimed at anyone that has completed the act for two course that will be auditioning for drama school in the near future (3-hour, four-week course).
- act for more.
- act too: A series of 3-hour workshops.
- One-to-one acting classes: You can choose to work with a particular actor or someone will be recommended to you. We recommend at least 2 hours.
Communication Skills Training Courses:
All of our communication and presentations skills training is aimed at anyone that has to speak in public. We run them through the principle that it is through their training that an actor has the ability to understand the technicalities of the voice, has the understanding how to project their voice, to listen and to react to others. So we apply these principles to a very hands on training environment. So it's not about acting, but reminding participants how to utilise the voice and physicality effectively again; as we all did as babies.
We have a one day course, delivering presentations, which can either be used as a refresher or as a taster. We have an 8 week course, communicate, which is perfect if you want a slow burn, to enable yourself to go away and put into practice the learning immediately, confident in the knowledge you can come back for more each week, or we can charge onto your own premises if you are a business and boost the morale and confidence of your colleagues, through the development of their communication and presentation skills.
- Communicate classes: 2-hour, eight-week course.
- Delivering presentations seminar: One day seminar.
- One-to-one communication training course tailored to the specific requirements of the individual: It is suggested that the participant begins with just one or two hours, extending or repeating the sessions as necessary.
- act up in business course is designed for any organisation or company: Various lengths, depending on needs and requirements.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: Unit 88, Battersea Business Centre 99-109, Lavender Hill, SW11 5QL , London, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.