Where to find Italian classes for kids in DC area: Italian language programs for young children, teenagers & adults at beginner, intermediate & advanced level. Italian tutoring for elementary, middle & high school students in Bethesda MD.
The Italian Cultural Society of Washington, DC, Inc.: Located in Bethesda MD, The Italian Cultural Society of Washington aims to enhance the appreciation and knowledge of the Italian language and culture in the Washington, DC area. We provide an Italian Language Program (ILP) which includes a variety of Italian classes for children, teenagers and adults. Our Italian instruction is uniquely structured so that each course is designed around the specific needs and interests of the participants in each class. All of our teachers are native Italian speakers and are experienced in teaching Italian as a second language.
Beginning Italian for Kids (ages 6-10) Class Schedule: Friday 4:00 pm 6:00 pm In this class, the children will speak, read and write using traditional methods, but also will learn by playing and moving, using the Total Physical Response approach for teaching language developed by Professor James Asher. They will learn Italian traditions by creating artwork, singing songs, and watching videos, etc. some English spoken to start them off and at times to explain concepts they may have trouble understanding in Italian.
Italian for ages 4-6 (non-beginners) Class Schedule: Tuesday 4:00 pm-6:00 pm; Saturday 11:30 am-1:00 pm These classes are designed for young children who can understand Italian spoken to them, but who cannot readily respond in Italian and for whom it is not their first language.
Italian for ages 7-10 (non-beginners) Class Schedule: Saturday 9:30 am-11:30 am; Tuesday 4:00 pm-6:00 pm These classes are designed for elementary school children who can understand Italian spoken to them, but who cannot readily respond in Italian and for whom it is not their first language.
Italian for Middle School Students (ages 11-13) These classes are designed for middle school children who can understand Italian spoken to them, but who cannot readily respond in Italian and for whom it is not their first language.
Italian for High School Students Class Schedule: Thursday, 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm In this class, high school students will be introduced to Italian culture while learning grammar and developing comprehension and speaking skills.
We also provide a wide variety of Italian language courses for adults.
• Note to parents & guardians: The school that previously was listed here has unfortunately closed their business. This listing is now void, and program inquiries cannot be processed.
• Contact us if you are a provider of foreign language instruction in the DC area. We can facilitate schools that offer Arabic and other languages in Alexandria, McLean / North Arlington, Fairfax VA, plus Gaithersburg and Bethesda MD.
Arabic Immersion Programs: • Parents and Tots programs for kids ages 1-3
• Arabic for kids ages 3-12 (Kids Only)
• Private / One-on-One Arabic lessons
• Arabic immersion summer camps
Let your child become immersed in the Spanish language! Creative Acts Learning Center, in Washington DC, provides 6-week Spanish language immersion courses for parents and children (ages 3-5) and older kids (ages 6-9).
Children engage in immersive activities; learning topics such as colors, clothing, food, body parts, traditions, and Spanish greetings and customs specific to a selected Spanish-speaking country.
• International Language Institute (ILI) offers an 8-week TESOL / TEFL certificate program at our school in Washington DC.
• This comprehensive ESL teacher training course has a practical focus and will equip you with the skills you will need to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad.
• The course is offered every 8 weeks, year round. In addition to our TEFL / TESOL certification course, we offer a range of English courses to students from around the world.
• Our 120-hour TESOL / TEFL certification course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, as well as the sub-skills of pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.
• Course components include lesson planning, observation of peers and practicing teachers, practice teaching in individual and group settings, maintaining teaching records, critical self-observation and compiling of a portfolio of teaching materials, and career planning and management.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Since 1999, over 170,000 students have selected iD Tech Camps as their summer computer science and technology camp provider of choice. iD Tech Camps offers weeklong day and overnight camps for kids & teens ages 7-17. In addition, iD Tech Programming Academy provides 2-week long overnight courses for teens ages 13-18. iD Tech Camps technology education programs are held at 80 elite universities throughout the nation, including the American University, and Georgetown University in Washington DC.
These highly-stimulating summer tech camps are suitable for beginner through advanced learners, and cover popular subjects such as video game design, robotics, mobile applications, programming, and web design among others. iD Tech Camps programs are designed so that you can register for one, or multiple weeks (further camps). Many students choose to sign up for multi-week packages in order to build on their skills and learn new subjects.
“I made a lot of new friends during my week at iD Tech Camps, and the things I learned will definitely be useful in future programming careers. I will be back next year to learn something new.” - Lawrence P., Student, American University
• Learn English in the beautiful and historic city of Washington DC with Kaplan International! We provide a range of accredited English courses to students from around the world of all levels, from beginner to advanced.
• Our quality English language courses in Washington DC include Intensive English, GRE / GMAT preparation, and TOEFL exam preparation.
• At the end of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance, which will show your level of English, the dates on which you have studied and your attendance.
• Learning English in DC means immersing yourself in American culture. You will enjoy the diversity of its multicultural neighborhoods and visiting its world-famous landmarks, such as the White House, the Supreme Court, the Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian Museum or the National Cathedral.
• Kaplan International in the USA are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), and students from 79 different countries attended our DC ESL school last year.
Student Review: "It’s a wonderful experience, you learn a lot, discover different cultures and way of life. It’s a great opportunity to make contacts and real friendship with people from around the world."
- Paul-Victor, France