Cervantes Kids, Chicago:
Located in downtown Chicago IL, Cervantes Kids provides before, in and after school Spanish language programs for children of all levels from age 6-16. We offer 4 levels of instruction: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and High Advanced. Our internationally recognized curriculum will enhance your child’s ability to communicate in both Spanish and English. We run programs from our state of the art downtown facility, as well an in-school program where our team of experienced teachers come to your school to implement our world renowned program. We also offer a unique online program where kids can learn at their own pace.
Spanish In-School Programs
Whether you are a parent, teacher or school administrator, you know that learning a foreign language - particularly Spanish - is critical to young students who face a competitive future in higher education and the global economy.The Instituto Cervantes will bring our program to you and teach your students in your school.
- Our highly qualified native teachers from Spain and Latin America hold advanced degrees in Spanish (Masters or Ph.D.) and are experienced professionals in child education.
- The Instituto Cervantes is the largest international Spanish teaching organization in the world, established by the Spanish government to teach the Spanish language in the - United States and around the globe. Our internationally recognized curriculum is taught at 70 centers world-wide.
- Higher scores on Standardized Tests. Learning a foreign language also increases a student’s comprehension of English grammar.
- Our programs at Blaine Elementary and Waters Elementary (CPS) and St. James Lutheran School (among others) are already proven successes and extremely popular with school administrators, teachers, parents and students.
- Our Spanish language teachers will come to your school and teach your students a 75-90 minutes class, Monday thru Friday (or as many days of the week you prefer).
- Our Spanish classes in your school will allow your teachers to extend their prep time.
- Cervantes Spanish In-School Program
Classes are organized around the practice of the four language skills: speaking, reading, listening and writing. The Cervantes program is designed to meet the creative learning needs of all children. Our curriculum offers rigorous academic objectives while motivating children with interactive games, songs and multimedia. Spanish and Latin culture and geography are also incorporated into the learning experience. Reports to the school and parents evaluating the students’ progress will be provided on a regular basis. Students and parents of the In-School Program are welcome to attend cultural and children’s activities organized at the Instituto Cervantes. They also have library privileges.
- Spanish Before and After School
This is a Spanish immersion and enrichment program. Students will learn and practice their Spanish speaking skills through guided recreational play, speaking and listening activities, arts and crafts, and storytelling. Activities will be conducted in Spanish and will be planned to correspond with school themes and holidays. The objective is to give your child the opportunity to learn and improve his/her proficiency in the language, while exposing him/her to Spanish and Latin art, culture and geography.
Classes at our Downtown Center
Courses are offered year-round: Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer quarters. All levels of instruction: Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced and High Advanced.
- Small classes: 4 to 12 students maximum. Ages 6 - 16.
- Highly qualified native language teachers from Spain & Latin America.
- The most current teaching methods and technology to stimulate and motivate your child to learn Spanish.
- Modern, state-of-the-art classrooms and an extensive academic library.
- Individual attention to the individual language and learning needs of your child.
- Creative lessons which are fun, interesting, interactive and challenging.
- Your child will gain Spanish language proficiency and skills that will also support his comprehension of English grammar.
- Our curriculum fulfills the European and American standards for language learning, ACTFL & CEFR.
- Children (ages 6-12)
These programs are designed to meet the creative learning needs of children. Games, songs, multimedia, and arts & crafts encourage children to develop their communication skills. This multicultural course includes teaching materials from Spain and Latin America.
- Teenagers (ages 12-16)
This program is specifically designed to meet the needs of teenage students. The course materials utilize popular culture, social trends and current issues unique to adolescents. Teenage students learn Spanish in the context of their own interests.
- Spanish for Homeschooled Children
The Instituto Cervantes offers an ideal educational community resource for homeschooled students to learn Spanish, attend cultural activities and interact with other students. Students gather once a week for two hours on Fridays.
Spanish Online for Children
The Spanish Virtual Classroom (AVE) is a revolutionary new educational tool to teach children Spanish. AVE is designed to adapt to the unique learning style and individual pace of your child. It is user-friendly and can be used independently by parents at home – or with teacher’s guidance at school. This program has been designed for children ages 6 to 13. Through games and stories, children learn Spanish by assimilating vocabulary and fundemental concepts of grammar – and practice them in guided activities – on your computer at home or school.
- Summer camps & workshops
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 31 W. Ohio Street, Chicago, Illinois , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.