Health care assistant courses in Alberta: HCA training in Edmonton, healthcare aide certification program in Canada. Resident care aide/ attendant training, allied health career certification courses in Edmonton area.
Alberta Academy of Learning, Edmonton: Do you want to start a new career in the field of allied healthcare? With conveniently-located campuses in downtown Edmonton, West Edmonton Mall and South Edmonton, the Alberta Academy of Learning provides a quality Health Care Aide (HCA) certificate program. This program may be studied full-time (22 weeks) or part-time (52 weeks). This program may also be studied at Alberta Academy of Learning campuses in Calgary, Medicine Hat and Red Deer, AB.
Health Care Aide (HCA) Certification Program: Course Content: - Preceptored Clinical Practice - Preceptored in Facility - Supervised Clinical Practice - Health Care Theory 1 - Health Care Theory 2 - First Aid / WHMIS - Job Search and Resume Writing - Thought Patterns for a Successul Career
This program includes three (3) practicums.
Duties & Responsibilities: - Knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology of all systems - Person to person communication - Observe, report, record and perform Work Assignments - Assisting with client mobility - Client grooming and personal hygiene - Assisting with the treatment of wounds and compression stockings - Demonstrate ability to respond to emergency situations - Knowledge of fire and electrical safety guidelines - Bathing and bed making - Assisting with Nasogastric and Gastrostomy Care - Preparing the Client for transportation - Taking and recording vital signs - Responding to altered behavior - Assisting with respiratory care
Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Toronto ON and serving the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), GLOW Academy provides quality training in Makeup Artistry, Hair Styling, and all areas of Aesthetics. We also have campuses in northern Mississauga and Kitchener ON.
We offer full-time, part-time, evenings and weekend classes with flexible schedules. Specialized cosmetology & beauty courses include Fashion Make-up, Airbrush Makeup, Hair Design, Lash Extensions, Nail Technician courses & more.
We believe that true experience and confidence is built within a practical setting, which is why we are one of the few schools that is excited to provide our students and graduates with the opportunity to gain an extensive amount of practical experience in industry events and our in-house studio.
There are endless opportunities when you become a GLOW Grad. From employment opportunities working for cosmetic companies in a multitude of scenarios, to becoming a self employed freelance makeup artist or even becoming a business owner.
All our programs have been pre-screened with the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities as single skilled non-vocational certificate programs in compliance with the Private Career College Act, 2005.
Testimonial: "The overall environment of the school is friendly and everyone is so helpful in achieving my career goals. I've learned a lot of great new techniques in all the courses I have taken so far. Great school! I would recommend this school to all."
Canadian National Institute of Health (CNIH), Ottawa
Courses / Programs
Located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canadian National Institute of Health (CNIH) is an innovative health care college that provides medical and dental diploma programs that are approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. We aim to prepare you for professional careers in the fields of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (probationary), Dental Hygiene (CDAC accredited), Dental Assisting and Dental / Medical Administration.
CNIH provides comprehensive, career-focused educational programs and services to ensure that our graduates are educated to perform all recognized dental and medical procedures in the most proficient manner using critical thinking skills and effective interpersonal communications. Experienced instructors, state of the art facilities and ample opportunity for professional hands-on training make the difference.
In addition to providing sound theoretical knowledge and an opportunity to develop excellence in clinical procedures, our programs are structured to foster attitudes of caring, accountability, and credible work ethics so that graduates are eligible for regulation to practice and continue life-long professional competence improvement.
CDI College is a private institution that offers a range of Allied Health / Medical career training courses at campuses throughout Canada in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec.
CDI College locations in BC include Surrey, Burnaby, Abbotsford and Vancouver.
At the Surrey campus, our team is committed to your success in your career training. We will be there to assist you from your first visit, right up to helping you find opportunities in your chosen career field.
CDI College offers full-time heathcare Diploma and Certificate programs in the evening to meet the demands of your busy days, and your busy life. You can still work during the day and train in the evening to improve your skills, your career and your life.
Note: CDI College only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
Focus Education Centre of Canada, Medical Exam Prep Courses
Courses / Programs
• Conveniently situated in the heart of Mississauga ON, in the Greater Toronto Area. Focus Education Centre of Canada (FECC) specializes in providing quality medical examination preparation courses to international students from around the world who hope to study or work in Canada or the United States.
• FECC offers comprehensive Medical Licensing Exam preparation for Canada: MCCQE1, NAC OSCE, MCCQE 2, and United States: USMLE Step1, USMLE Step 2 CK and CS for international medical students and/or international medical graduates (IMGs).
• FECC is the only organization in Canada to provide medical exam prep tutorials in a classroom setting. Class sizes limit to 10 students per session to enhance individual learning experience.
• FECC instructors are qualified & experienced tutors. The preparatory courses provide guidance in High-Yield topics and Clinical Decision Making questionnaires. In addition, students are encouraged to enhance exam performance by making changes to study habits & diet.
• FECC enrolled students can benefit by repeating the same course once at no additional cost. Returning students are offered a discounted price for other medical prep courses & are provided with individualized mentorship.
Review "Excellent helpful administration. A Brilliant medical director. Nice environment full of positive energy. I scored above 95th percentiles in the Canadian exams EE & QE1. I've seen many IMG schools in Ontario. FECC is my best so far. I think they teach it the right way."
Located in Windsor, Ontario, St. Clair College provides an advanced diploma course in Diagnostic Medical Sonography through our Centre for Applied Health Sciences. This program is 2.5 years in duration and will prepare you for entry-to-practice as a General Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Ultrasound Technologist) in settings including hospitals, clinical laboratories, and other health care facilities.
The overall goals and objectives of the program are aligned with the current National Competency Profiles (NCP) for the Generalist, as approved by the Canadian Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (CSDMS) boards and the Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP).
The role of a sonographer is to perform examinations that will provide diagnostic ultrasound images for interpretation by a medical radiologist. Using advanced knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, pathology, and physical applications, the sonographer will produce images of internal body structures utilizing a variety of hand-held acoustical scanning probes and imaging techniques.
• Gain the expert knowledge and skills you need to succeed as a spray tan consultant with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - one of the leading spray tan training providers in Canada!
• The world's first spray tan training academy, Aviva offers onsite spray tan classes in Toronto ON, Vancouver BC and Montreal, Quebec. In each city, our 1-day certification programs are held in a leading hotel.
• In addition to our in-class training, we provide comprehensive online spray tan classes that allow you to earn your professional certification from the comfort of your own home or office, with content available 24/7.
• All of our spray tan courses come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• On successful completion of your course, you will be awarded a Spray Tanning Certificate.
• Sunless spray tanning is one of the fastest growing services in the beauty industry, increasing by almost 500% in the past 5 years!
• Our interactive short courses are ideal if you want to add a spray tanning certification to your beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, or improve the profitability of your current spray tanning business.
Student Review: "I don't think my business would be where it is today without the quality of the Aviva products & training and all the wonderful marketing information & suggestions the Aviva staff has provided...After completing your online training and adjusting to their methods to the Aviva-Way all our tans are now even and natural." • Patti, Mississippi