Boston University School of Management:
Welcome to Boston University School of Management, in Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts. Our greatest distinction arises from a fusing of the art, science, and technology of business, a comprehensive approach essential for effective organizational leadership. We offer a flexible Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with ten managerial disciplines as well as Executive Masters in Business Administration and other postgraduate options. If you earn your degree at Boston University School of Management, you’ll benefit from our high rankings—The Financial Times has named BU the # 1 MBA program in the U.S. for alumni career progress.
Is this the world’s best college town? With 60 colleges and universities, we think so. Boston, during the academic year, hosts more than 100,000 students and all the businesses and entertainment that cater to them.
- A World-Class Hub of Business and Entrepreneurial Resources
The city also boasts possibly more researchers and PhDs per capita than anywhere else on Earth. That means an unparalleled concentration of intellectual, business, entrepreneurial, and scientific organizations that seek and reward a constant inflow of fresh young minds with new energy and new ideas.
Sure, some of the folks here talk a little funny. But we take education seriously. Not to mention our cultural assets (architecture, art, museums, libraries, symphony), historical landmarks, restaurants and clubs, shopping, and our college and pro sports teams. The School itself is just two blocks away from the Fenway Park where the Red Sox play.
Boston is a fascinating, walkable city with an excellent public transit system. Yet nearby you will find ocean and lake beaches, mountains, and wilderness. Home to major financial institutions, the world’s premier hospitals, high tech, bioscience, and more, Boston's universities and local firms enrich each other. When you attend Boston University School of Management, you get Boston, too. Use it to your advantage.
Put Your Career In Drive..
Recruiters love our students. Our 2008 MBA graduates enjoyed a 95% job placement rate within three months after graduation (which is among the top 10 placement rates in the country). Our graduates also receive average salary offers nearly 10% higher than the national rate. In one ranking by Financial Times, BU School of Management graduates were ranked first nationally in speed of career advancement.
We support you from the very first semester. If a Boston University School of Management education is the engine that drives your career, the Feld Career Center is the accelerator. Whether you’re an undergraduate, graduate student, or part of the alumni community, you will receive tailored career guidance that’ll get you to your destination, beginning your first week on campus.
MBA Career Portfolio:
A major contributor to this success is our MBA Career Portfolio program, both a roadmap and a ‘living résumé’ that sets you apart. Integrated into the curriculum, the program not only helps your find your first job after your MBA, but also gives you career management skills to be successful throughout your lifetime. It helps students define their career goals, refine the presentation of their achievements, and enhances their ability to communicate experience to potential employers or business partners.
Well over 300 companies recruited our graduate students last year and our undergraduates attracted equally high interest.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with ten managerial disciplines including International Management, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Law, Entrepreneurship.
- Executive Masters in Business Adminisrtration
- Masters and PhD in Mathematical Finance
- Masters in Investment Management
- Doctor of Business Administration
Students have several additional academic options available including minors, independent studies, study abroad opportunities and the option of pursuing a dual degree.
Life at Boston University. Life at the School.
Student life at a major urban university may seem exciting or daunting. It can be both at once. The truth is that each student becomes part of several smaller communities rather quickly.
The School of Management is a community of its own within the larger University environment. In the same way, your dorm is another community, and the activities you choose to join will form another circle. Emily Johnson, BSBA '07, says, “I’m constantly surprised at the small school feeling here.”
Recent graduate Nick Anderson, BSBA ’05, advocates jumping right in. “Looking back, I can see that getting involved from the first year is probably the most important thing in making you more successful. You meet more people, feel more responsible for the School, and take your studies more seriously.”
What makes Boston University different than a smaller college? It's basically the exposure to a much more diverse group of people and ideas. It's a city unto itself, 30,000 students, teachers, researchers, all in search of their own goals. Just like you.
Our premier On Campus selection is located within the Student Village at 10 Buick Street which includes the following features and amenities:
- Four-person apartment unit - 4 single bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living/dining area
- All bedrooms are approximately 100 square feet including the closet
- All bedrooms have Ethernet connection to the campus network
- While each bedroom does have private telephone lines for students during the academic year, these lines are not active in the summer and cannot be used by guests
- Kitchens include full-size refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, and garbage disposal
- Kitchen supplies/utensils are not provided
- Central air-conditioning system
- Bedroom furniture includes a bed with mattress, dresser, 60'' wide desk, desk chair, and 2-drawer mobile file cabinet
- Living/dining room furniture includes comfortable sofa, lounge chairs, coffee table, end table, television stand, lamps, round kitchen table and upholstered dining chairs
- On the ground level - group study rooms, reading room, mail room, laundry room, music practice rooms, RHA office, recycling room, vending machines, and bike storage area
- 18th floor multipurpose room
- 24-hour front door security
- Buick Street Market and Café is open for limited hours during the summer and usually not on the weekends
For Off Campus arrangements, hotel accommodations are made available in partnership with the Hotel Commonwealth.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 595 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.