Shepherd University, Los Angeles: Located just 10 minutes north of Downtown Los Angeles, Shepherd University's School of Theology provides Undergraduate and Graduate Degree courses centered around the Christian faith. We offer a Bachelor of Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies (B.A.B.S.), a Master of Divinity (M.Div.) Degree, and a Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) program. Our programs emphasize an understanding of the Christian Scriptures and major Christian theological doctrines, spiritual disciplines, and ministry practices.
- The mission of Shepherd University is to educate men and women to be the leaders to serve the church and to improve the world through the excellent programs of Christian higher education.
- The vision of Shepherd University is to prepare professional leaders to improve the world at every level from the church and community levels to the realm of world culture. The fulfillment of this vision inspires, orients, and defines the work of this institution.
Accreditation: Shepherd University is recognized by the State of California as an institution of higher education. Shepherd University has state approval from Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) to confer the Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies, the Master of Divinity, and the Doctor of Ministry.
National College of Technical Instruction, Bay Area
Courses / Programs
The National College of Technical Instruction (NCTI) is dedicated to the delivery of high-quality education in the field of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) in several locations in California as well as throughout the United States. The NCTI Hercules Campus is located in the Valley Bible Church in Hercules, Contra Costa County in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Hercules Campus offers a Paramedic Program. The Campus has a large classrom and many breakout rooms for students to practice their labs.
During the 20 plus years we have been operating, we have developed a reputation for providing the highest quality, specialty education in the industry. We also offer a variety of continuing education (C.E.) courses to paramedics, EMT's, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals.
NCTI is nationally accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), and has grown into the largest paramedic training institution in the United States.
Southern States University, San Diego & Orange County
Courses / Programs
Study in an accredited, private university in Southern California.
Established in 1983, Southern States University has two campuses in San Diego (Fashion Valley & La Jolla), and one in Newport Beach (just south of Irvine, 40 minutes from Los Angeles International Airport).
We provide undergraduate and graduate Business Administration Degree programs, as well as Intensive English Language programs, and TOEFL Exam Preparation.
At SSU, our focus is on training business-oriented students and professionals from around the world. SSU offers a 2-year Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program and a 4-year Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree program to students from the USA and around the world.
For non-native English speakers who wish to complete one of our degree programs, SSU can customize a program that includes degree program classes plus intensive English study to adequately prepare you to succeed with your higher education studies.
“SSU is one of the best schools in California, located in one of the most fascinating places in the US. The professors are very experienced, and recognized in their fields. Their teaching styles and practical approaches to problem solving are extremely helpful, and I am sure that the knowledge and skills that I acquire here will help me a lot when I start my career in business." - Nisrag, India
Situated in Normal Heights, a neighborhood in the mid-city region of San Diego CA, San Diego Beauty College educates and trains students for in-demand careers in the beauty industry. We offer dedicated programs for numerous specialized careers in the industry. Courses include Cosmetology, Esthetics, Manicurist, Barbering, and Massage Therapy.
Our goals are to help you discover your ability to transform your life and others by your training. The degree of your success will depend on the effort you are willing to apply during the entire course of your training.
Our programs and innovative curriculum are designed to engage students and develop their skills and knowledge, setting them apart and excelling their expertise to a higher level as professionals in the industry.
Conveniently located west of downtown Los Angeles, Palace Beauty College is an accredited cosmetology college. We provide a range of beauty certificate programs including Cosmetology, Esthetician Training, Manicurist Training, Massage Therapy, and Barbering.
We are dedicated to teaching the science and arts of cosmetology, barbering, and massage therapy. We teach through a combination of lectures and hands-on practical knowledge, so that our students may have a true salon experience and develop the skills necessary for a successful career.
Our comprehensive training is designed to prepare you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to pass the California State License for Massage Therapists and Practitioners and the Board of Barbering & Cosmetology Licensing Exams.
On graduation, you may be eligible for positions in many specialty areas such as: Barber, Hair Stylist, Hair Colorist, Skin Care Specialist, Make-up Artist, Manicurist, Massage Therapist, or as a Beauty Salon Operator.
Southern California Health Institute, San Fernando Valley
Courses / Programs
• Located in North Hollywood in the east San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, Southern CA, Health Institute (SOCHi) provides full-time certificate courses and career training in a range of healthcare fields.
• Established in 1996, we are dedicated to helping students achieve their dreams by providing an exceptional education that enables them to become skilled and successful manual therapists.
• We have graduated over 1,500 students who are now a part of a larger community of wellness and healthcare. Financial aid may be available. We also provide job placement assistance.
• SOCHi is a California BPPE (Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education) Approved School, and is nationally accredited by Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET).
• SOCHi is approved by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in Federal Student Financial Aid Programs.
• The SOCHi faculty is a team of wellness professionals that continue to pave the way for those aspiring to become a part of the health and wellness community.
• Our mission is to provide quality programs in an environment of scholastic learning to encourage empathetic and compassionate therapists, dedicated to the ethical and social principles of the profession and committed to a lifetime of continued learning.
Student Review: "I made the right decision when I attended SOCHI. it was a great experience. Special thanks to Ms Arteka! I love.you and thank you for helping me out throughout my whole program!" - Syuzi
Occidental College (also known as Oxy), located in Los Angeles, California, is a private, coeducational liberal arts college offering undergraduate & graduate degree programs. An Occidental education challenges students by combining a hands-on approach with a commitment to producing well-rounded graduates. This interplay between learning-by-doing and liberal arts gives you valuable skills that will serve you for the rest of your life: think critically; write clearly; and look for as well as understand multiple perspectives.
Both President Barack Obama, and former Congressman and Republican leader Jack Kemp have credited their years at Oxy with shaping their future careers.
Occidental College is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).