Colleges in San Jose: Career schools, tech training schools, liberal arts programs, associate degree, bachelor's & master's degrees, find diploma & certificate courses, technical certification programs, evening classes. Apply to colleges in California
1.American Business College International, Bay Area
Courses / Programs
Founded in 1985, American Business College International is a career training school located in San Jose which is part of the Silicon Valley region of the San Francisco Bay Area in Northern California. We also have a branch campus located in Fremont in Alameda County. Our onsite, online and distance education academic programs are developed to provide continuing adult learning opportunities involving life / work experience in occupationally related courses and programs leading to certificates and college degrees.
We offer a range of certificate programs in the Medical, Computing, Accounting, HVAC, Medical Transcription, and Pharmacy Technician fields. We also offer associate and bachelor's degree programs in subjects including Business Administration, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Education, Engineering, Food Marketing, Health Care Management, Management Consulting, Occupational Safety and Health Management, Psychology, and Public Administration.
Our quality career training programs allow you to get trained in as little as 3 - 10 months and break into in-demand skilled fields. Job placement assistance is provided. We also offer English as a Second Language (ESL) programs.
Certificate and degree programs in fields including:
- HVAC: Heating, Ventilation, Air-conditioning, Commercial Refrigeration with Solar and Green Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Front and Back Office
- Computer Information Systems (Information Technology)
- Business Administration
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
The National College of Technical Instruction (NCTI) is dedicated to the delivery of high-quality education in the field of Emergency Medical Services (EMS). We offer training in several locations throughout California, including Riverside, San Francisco,North Hollywood, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Roseville, as well as nationwide. Courses include CPR, Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Medical Life Support, and many more.
Our staff and faculty partner with students to achieve academic success. Programs are designed to prepare students to function as qualified entry-level healthcare professionals, providing the cognitive, psychomotor and affective skills necessary to successfully qualify for standardized certification and licensing examinations for EMS personnel throughout the United States.
NCTI is nationally accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), and has grown into the largest paramedic training institution in the United States.
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Courses:
- EMT (Basic, Intermediate, Paramedic)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) Provider
- Advanced Medical Life Support Provider
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider
- 12-lead EKG
- Critical Care Transport-Paramedic
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support
- National Registry Skills Testing
- National Registry Paramedic Preparation
Southern States University, San Diego & Orange County
Courses / Programs
Study in an accredited, private university in Southern California.
Established in 1983, Southern States University has two campuses in San Diego (Fashion Valley & La Jolla), and one in Newport Beach (just south of Irvine, 40 minutes from Los Angeles International Airport).
We provide undergraduate and graduate Business Administration Degree programs, as well as Intensive English Language programs, and TOEFL Exam Preparation.
At SSU, our focus is on training business-oriented students and professionals from around the world. SSU offers a 2-year Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program and a 4-year Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree program to students from the USA and around the world.
For non-native English speakers who wish to complete one of our degree programs, SSU can customize a program that includes degree program classes plus intensive English study to adequately prepare you to succeed with your higher education studies.
“SSU is one of the best schools in California, located in one of the most fascinating places in the US. The professors are very experienced, and recognized in their fields. Their teaching styles and practical approaches to problem solving are extremely helpful, and I am sure that the knowledge and skills that I acquire here will help me a lot when I start my career in business." - Nisrag, India
Accredited Online, Distance Learning & Live Training.
Based in Baltimore MD, Behavioral Health & Leadership Dynamics (BHLD) provides organizational training, management training, individual & executive coaching services to professionals, supervisors, managers, senior personnel, executive directors, board members, and CEOs.
Our certification programs are taught onsite and online to individuals & corporations in California, and across the U.S.
Aligned with best practices in the field of coaching and human services, BHLD life coaching and leadership training programs are highly-regarded by governmental agencies, the private sector, and the healthcare community.
Distance education offers a flexible & convenient way to learn, and allows you to schedule your study around your work & family life.
BHLD’s coach training is accredited by the Centers for Credentialing and Education (CCE).
In addition, BHLD is approved as an authorized sponsor of continuing education by the following organizations: National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC); American Psychological Association (APA); and the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB).
Endorsement: “I want to commend you on the excellent coaching you’ve provided to several of our up-and-coming executives.
Since working with you, all have shown visible improvement in the key areas identified for development and each has attributed this growth to the coaching sessions with you."
- Peter Emmons, President of Structure Group Inc.
Fast-Track Certification Programs for Individuals:
CEUs available for some professionals
- Life/Spiritual Mentor
- Life Coach
- Master Life Coach
- Health & Wellness Practitioner
- Corporate Life Coach
- "Start Your Business" - Online Course as a Add-on to the certification programs
Fast-Track Corporate Training for Businesses & Organizations:
- Corporate Life Coach
- Leadership Coach
- Executive Coach
- Organizational Consultant
We also provide Continuing Education for coaches, professional counselors, psychologists & social workers.
Take the first step towards a career as a professional cosmetologist! Conveniently situated in the Chula Vista area of San Diego, Avancé Beauty College offers quality cosmetology and beauty training in both English and Spanish. Taught by experienced industry professionals, our programs are designed to provide training in both practical applications and theory skills. This experience and instruction prepares you to qualify to take the State of California licensing examination, and to obtain professional employment within the cosmetology industry.
Avancé Beauty College is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences in both Spanish and English. In addition, the college is approved by the State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology as a training institution to qualify graduates for the State licensing examination as a Cosmetologist.
The college provides job placement assistance, though employment and salary base are not guaranteed. In our classrooms, we emulate the atmosphere of a professionally-owned cosmetology business. You get hands-on experience performing facials, hair styling, and manicures on patrons.
Humphreys College, located in Stockton, Northern California (south of Sacramento and north of Modesto), is a liberal arts college and law school offering certificate, undergraduate & graduate degree programs in law, business, human services, and liberal arts. Humphreys College programs are accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges; the law degree granted by the Humphreys College Laurence Drivon School of Law is accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners of the State Bar of California.
Southern California Health Institute, San Fernando Valley
Courses / Programs
• Located in Reseda in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles, Southern California Health Institute (SOCHi) provides full-time certificate courses and career training in a range of healthcare fields.
• Established in 1996, we are dedicated to helping students achieve their dreams by providing an exceptional education that enables them to become skilled and successful manual therapists.
• We have graduated over 1,500 students who are now a part of a larger community of wellness and healthcare. Financial aid may be available. We also provide job placement assistance.
• SOCHi is a California BPPE (Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education) Approved School, and is nationally accredited by Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET).
• Also, SOCHi is approved by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in Federal Student Financial Aid Programs.
• The SOCHi faculty is a team of wellness professionals that continue to pave the way for those aspiring to become a part of the health and wellness community.
• Our mission is to provide quality programs in an environment of scholastic learning to encourage empathetic and compassionate therapists, dedicated to the ethical and social principles of the profession and committed to a lifetime of continued learning.
Student Review: "I made the right decision when I attended SOCHI. it was a great experience. Special thanks to Ms Arteka! I love.you and thank you for helping me out throughout my whole program!" - Syuzi