GateWay Community College, Phoenix:
Conveniently located in East downtown Phoenix, and easily accessible from public transport routes, GateWay Community College is a fully-accredited healthcare training institute that offers associate degree and certificate programs in Registered Nursing, as well as a wide range of other nursing programs, including Nursing Assistant (NA) & Practical Nursing (LPN) options. At GateWay, we educate more nurses each year than any other college in Arizona.
Associate in Applied Science Degree in Nursing (RN) Program
Registered Nurses (RNs) are trusted care providers, client advocates and educators, making a difference in our community and in the world each day. RN's function within the legal scope of practice and use professional standards when caring for clients and families across the life span.
RNs are educated as a generalists who deliver health care to clients and family groups. Our program includes the competencies related to the art and science of nursing. Graduates receiving an AAS degree in Nursing are eligible to apply for licensure as an RN.
Employment is found in a variety of healthcare settings, including:
- Home Health Care Agencies
- Nursing Homes
- Community Health Agencies
Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Nurse Refresher program
This program provides registered nurses with a review and update of nursing theory and practice. The Nurse Refresher program is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing. Program competencies include:
- Understand and implement the nursing process that provides safe client care to patients with selected medical conditions.
- Applies scientific principles and clinical reasoning to safely provide evidence-based clinically competent care within the current healthcare environment.
Practical Nursing (LPN) Certificate of Completion Program (with Fast Track Option)
The Fast Track Practical Nursing Program is a terminal practical nurse program for college credit. The design of the curriculum permits an economical and efficient method of education to prepare the graduate to sit for the practical nurse licensing exam.
The program provides students with the theory and skills required to practice as a practical nurse in acute care, extended care, and intermediate care settings. The program of study combines nursing theory with planned patient care learning experiences in hospitals, nursing homes and health care agencies. The following competencies will be displayed by graduates:
- Function effectively in the role of the beginning Practical Nurse under the direction of a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and evidence based practice through utilization of the nursing process as a guideline in providing nursing care
- Assist with data collection and contribute to the established plan of care
- Implement an established plan of care using appropriate practical nursing knowledge
- Assist with the evaluation of nursing care based on established outcome criteria
- Apply therapeutic communication techniques in providing basic nursing care for clients throughout the lifespan
- Perform technical aspects of basic, safe nursing care
- Demonstrate identified caring behaviors
- Function in accordance with the ethical and legal standards of practical nursing practice
- Illustrate use of relevant technology for client care and documentation
Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Nurse Assisting
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Nurse Assisting prepares students for entry level employment in various health care settings as a nursing assistant. The program combines classroom instruction with clinical laboratory, skilled care and acute care experiences. Students who complete the program are eligible to take a written and practical certification examination and work as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
Nursing Continuing Education Short Programs
- Basic Critical Care
- Advanced Critical Care
- Interpretation of Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Twelve Lead EKG Interpretations
- PICC Line Insertion
- IV Therapy and Medical Skills
- Emergency Room Nursing
- Physical Assessment
- Conscious Sedation
- Intra-aortic Balloon Pump
- Legal Medical Consulting / Basic and Advanced
- School Health Assisting
- School Nurse Certification Classes
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 108 N. 40th Street Phoenix, 85034, Phoenix, Arizona , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.