W. P. Carey School of Business, Tempe:
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University, in Tempe, Phoenix Metro area is one of the largest business schools in the United States with 190 faculty, 1,500 graduate students and more than 5,600 undergraduates. The school is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education and is highly regarded for its renowned faculty and their research productivity. The W. P. Carey MBA Program offers four options for individuals seeking to earn an MBA on a full-time or part-time schedule. Besides the full-time course of study, students can select an option that offers flexible course meeting dates, times and locations through evening, executive or online formats.
The W. P. Carey MBA – Full-time Program offers the best of both worlds: personal service and the camaraderie of a tight-knit community, as well as access to the opportunities and prestige associated with one of the largest business schools in the United States.
Our small and cohesive classes provide for individual learning, close faculty interaction and an intense sense of community. During the two-year program, you will experience a core business curriculum, industry-leading career course, summer internship and in-depth specialization as you transform yourself into one of tomorrow's business leaders.
Available specializations include:
Financial Management and Markets; Information Management; Real Estate; Strategic Marketing and Services Leadership; Supply Chain Financial Management; Supply Chain Management
Benefits of the Full-time MBA
- Courses typically have fewer than 45 students, allowing for interactive case discussion
- Dedicated career management professionals provide comprehensive career assistance
- World-class faculty who consult with more than 300 organizations bring real-world experience to the classroom
- Our industry-leading career management course includes emotional intelligence concepts, presentation skills and a required internship
- We offer a wide range of merit-based scholarship and financial assistance opportunities.
The W. P. Carey School of Business offers part-time Evening MBA Programs in two formats, both of which provide you with the ability to obtain your MBA while juggling a full-time career and active personal life:
- W. P. Carey MBA – Evening Program
- W. P. Carey MBA – Evening Accelerated program
Both the 21-month traditional evening program and the 18-month accelerated program are ideal for working professionals who want to broaden their professional and managerial expertise through an MBA. The innovative curriculum leverages your experience and provides you with the ability to immediately apply what you learn in the classroom to your everyday work.
Benefits of the Evening MBA
- Evening courses meet just two nights per week at locations around the Phoenix metropolitan area.
- Several areas of emphasis and technical certificates allow you to tailor your MBA to your personal goals.
- Courses are taught by world-class faculty dedicated to using case-based teaching methods to facilitate learning.
- Our student services staff will take care of details so you can focus on academics and your career.
- Dedicated career management professionals are available for career guidance.
The W. P. Carey MBA - Executive Program offers a robust general management MBA curriculum for busy working professionals and executives who have ten to fifteen years of managerial experience, are advanced in their careers and seek to build additional business skills to further contribute to the goals of their companies and organizations. The W. P. Carey MBA - Executive Program provides you a competitive edge to further your professional goals.
Our world-renowned research faculty use case-based methodologies and applied learning experiences to ensure the concepts taught are immediately ready for implementation in your current work environment. Team-based activities and projects along with interactive and engaging class discussions ensure you learn new concepts from your peers in each and every class meeting.
- Twenty-one month program following a traditional academic year beginning in August and continuing through May with breaks during holiday periods and summers
- Small class size with fewer than fifty students per class offering interactive dialogue with peers and faculty members
- Class meetings on Fridays and Saturdays every other week provides significant preparation time as well fewer conflicts with personal and work commitments
- Dedicated Executive program classroom suites on the Tempe campus
ASU's online MBA program uses a 22-month, focused format consisting of 12 courses. You take one course at a time. Each course is six weeks long, taken consecutively with one-week breaks in between courses. In addition, multi-week breaks after every third course allow for winter and summer holidays. Throughout the program, you learn with a cohort of peers, fellow students you continually interact with throughout your coursework.
This curriculum provides you with management fundamentals—time-proven business knowledge and managerial decision-making tools that will enable you to be a more capable leader in the global marketplace. When you have completed the online MBA degree program, you will be better able to:
- Make informed decisions
- Approach the world from a managerial perspective
- Appreciate the impact that decisions have on multiple dimensions of performance, internal and external to the organization
- Understand how to reinvigorate organizations for long-term survival
Each six-week course consists of five modules that you access with your Web browser. You spend the first five weeks completing one module each week. Then, during the sixth week of each course, you complete an online final examination or project.
Imagine sending a select group of employees from your company through a W. P. Carey School of Business MBA program that is specifically designed around your firm’s business challenges. You can do just that through our custom corporate MBA program, which we offer partly, or even entirely, online to your employees around the globe.
A dedicated design team consisting of instructional designers and a faculty director will collaborate with your company to craft an MBA program that meets your objectives. Once the program is under way, a team of faculty and student services professionals will be available to assist students and work to ensure the success of the program. The lead time required from the start of design to the start of the first class is nine to 12 months.
Since custom corporate MBA programs are designed around the needs of a specific company, no two are identical. However, they share these features:
- Courses are customized for, and open only to, students from the sponsoring company.
- All students take the same courses in the same sequence, forming a tightly-knit learning community.
- Depending on the needs of the company, courses can be delivered online, on campus and at company locations over a of 18 months to three years. Most companies have preferred a combination of online and face-to-face delivery (emphasizing the former) and have selected a program length of two years or less.
The W. P. Carey School is headquartered on ASU’s Tempe campus, adjacent to Phoenix, Arizona, the fifth largest city in the U.S. A spacious courtyard and peaceful water fountains connect the two business buildings together. This is a gathering place for students to study, relax or have a cup of coffee at Starbucks located on the first floor of the BAC building.
- Phoenix covers more than 514 square miles and has a population of over 1.4 million people making it the fifth largest city in the country.
- Phoenix is a premier destination, with more than 300 sun-filled days a year and an average temperature of 74 degrees.
- More than 50 percent of the population is between the ages of 18 and 54, which is younger than the national average.
- The greater Phoenix area is a $50 billion marketplace driven by technology. World-leading companies such as Intel, Avnet, Motorola, AlliedSignal, Honeywell, and Boeing Company have chosen Phoenix for their corporate and regional headquarters.
- Some of the major operations in Phoenix are American Express, Phelps Dodge, Prudential, Charles Schwab, and Mayo Clinic.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is the fifth busiest in the United States and the world.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.