W. P. Carey School of Business, Tempe:
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University, in Tempe, Phoenix Metro area is one of the largest business schools in the United States with 190 faculty, 1,500 graduate students and more than 5,600 undergraduates. The school is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education and is highly regarded for its renowned faculty and their research productivity. The W. P. Carey MBA Program offers four options for individuals seeking to earn an MBA on a full-time or part-time schedule. Besides the full-time course of study, students can select an option that offers flexible course meeting dates, times and locations through evening, executive or online formats.
Full-time MBA Program
The W. P. Carey MBA – Full-time Program offers core business courses complemented by elective classes and summer internships. As a full-time student, you also complete an in-depth specialization designed to help focus your studies and enhance your career goals.
The full-time MBA is a two-year program that includes three 10-week trimesters each year. Most students enroll in three to five courses per trimester.
Core business courses are taken primarily in the first year of the program. They typically are scheduled Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and noon, with afternoon time set aside for meeting with study teams and preparing course assignments.
Electives and Internships
During the last trimester of the first year, you select from a number of specialization or elective offerings. To further support your career goals, you complete a required internship during the summer between the first and second year of the program.
In the second year, you continue with several courses in your selected specialization. Additional elective courses may be taken to build knowledge in other areas, to select a second specialization or to complete an area of emphasis.
Available specializations include:
- Financial Management and Markets
- Information Management
- Real Estate
- Strategic Marketing and Services Leadership
- Supply Chain Financial Management
- Supply Chain Management
Evening MBA Program
The W. P. Carey MBA – Evening Program is ideal for busy working professionals who want to broaden their professional and managerial expertise through the completion of an MBA on a part-time schedule. Whether you are motivated by advancement in your current career or you wish to acquire skills in a new area, the W. P. Carey MBA will give you the competitive edge you need to further your goals.
The 21-month Evening Program begins in August of each year. Our curriculum features classes that provide integrated coursework and the ability to work in a case-based and team-oriented environment where you engage in discussions leveraging the experience of your peers. You also enjoy the ability to immediately apply the skills and knowledge obtained in the classroom to your individual work environment.
Convenient and Flexible
Classes meet from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. two nights per week. The program is available in either a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday format, depending on class location. The Evening Program allows you to select a class location that is convenient to your home or work. Choose from locations in Scottsdale, Tempe or downtown Phoenix.
Flexibility is a cornerstone of the W. P. Carey MBA – Evening Program, which allows you to choose 12 credits of elective courses. Electives can be taken in one functional area to complete an in-depth area of emphasis or a technical certificate. You also can choose to take courses in different disciplines to provide breadth across business functions. Off-site electives are offered in Washington, D.C., and in several international locations.
- Core Subjects
- Statistics for Managers
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Finance
- Organization Theory and Behavior
- Financial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Global Business Environment
- Legal and Ethical Studies
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Information Systems Management
- Strategic Management
Evening Accelerated MBA Program
Delivered on the Tempe campus, the Evening Accelerated Program enables you to earn your MBA in 18 months instead of the 21-month format of the traditional Evening Program. The accelerated program offers the same core curriculum and elective course options.
The accelerated schedule is ideal for busy working professionals seeking to expand their business acumen while continuing to work. Consistent with the other W. P. Carey MBA programs, the evening accelerated curriculum includes core courses in management, finance, marketing, statistics, computer information systems, economics, accounting and supply chain management.
January Start Date
The most significant difference with the Evening Accelerated Program is that it begins in January instead of the traditional August start date. The program runs through August of the following year. Classes continue through the summers, with short, intermittent breaks.
Classes for the Evening Accelerated Program also meet on a part-time schedule from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. two nights per week. The program is available on either a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday format on the Tempe campus.
MBA - Executive Program
The W. P. Carey MBA - Executive Program offers a robust general management MBA curriculum for busy working professionals and executives who have ten to fifteen years of managerial experience, are advanced in their careers and seek to build additional business skills to further contribute to the goals of their companies and organizations. The W. P. Carey MBA - Executive Program provides you a competitive edge to further your professional goals.
- Twenty-one month program following a traditional academic year beginning in August and continuing through May with breaks during holiday periods and summers
- Small class size with fewer than fifty students per class offering interactive dialogue with peers and faculty members
- Class meetings on Fridays and Saturdays every other week provides significant preparation time as well fewer conflicts with personal and work commitments
- Dedicated Executive program classroom suites on the Tempe campus
- An engaging and challenging curriculum incorporating core business courses in strategy, management, finance, marketing, statistics, computer information systems, economics, accounting and supply chain management. Three ten-week trimesters per academic year; two courses of core business classes are taken during each trimester.
- Government and Public Policy learning experience in Washington, DC and Phoenix held during the summer between first and second year of study.
- International management course offered at a location outside the United States for in-depth study of the strategies and implications of international business
- Nationally-ranked faculty skilled at combining research capabilities and current business knowledge
- Team-oriented and case-based assignments to reinforce learning concepts
The W. P. Carey MBA – Online Program delivers a two-year, 48-credit graduate management curriculum via the Internet. Using Web-based distance learning technology, you access course material at your convenience, wherever and whenever you have an Internet connection.
This proven, successful degree program began in 2000. Since then, more than 20 cohorts of students have graduated, earning a W. P. Carey MBA identical to the degree earned in our nationally-ranked full-time, evening and executive MBA programs.
The W. P. Carey MBA is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools, and it is the only accreditation recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for graduate business programs.
Custom Corporate MBA
Imagine sending a select group of employees from your company through a W. P. Carey School of Business MBA program that is specifically designed around your firm’s business challenges. You can do just that through our custom corporate MBA program, which we offer partly, or even entirely, online to your employees around the globe.
A dedicated design team consisting of instructional designers and a faculty director will collaborate with your company to craft an MBA program that meets your objectives. Once the program is under way, a team of faculty and student services professionals will be available to assist students and work to ensure the success of the program. The lead time required from the start of design to the start of the first class is nine to 12 months.
Since custom corporate MBA programs are designed around the needs of a specific company, no two are identical. However, they share these features:
- Courses are customized for, and open only to, students from the sponsoring company.
- All students take the same courses in the same sequence, forming a tightly-knit learning community.
- Depending on the needs of the company, courses can be delivered online, on campus and at company locations over a of 18 months to three years. Most companies have preferred a combination of online and face-to-face delivery (emphasizing the former) and have selected a program length of two years or less.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.