Milton College is a modern professional school in Sydney, Australia, with a friendly atmosphere, specialising in getting students into universities, vocational colleges and high schools. The College has two campuses located in North Sydney, the main campus and the Arthur Street campus, both a short distance from each other. The Arthur Street campus houses our High School Preparation and IELTS Preparation courses. The growth in number of students at Milton is mainly due to its strong educational values in offering the best education with the best teachers available. Milton College is accredited by the National ELT Accreditation scheme (NEAS), and is a member of the ELICOS Association.
Milton College has 7 levels of General English from Beginner to Advanced. Students will sit a placement test upon arrival at Milton and will be placed in the class that is appropriate for their level.
Students doing a 24 week course will achieve:
- A better understanding of grammar, vocabulary and functions
- Improved listening and speaking skills
- An ability to use English in a natural way in a variety of different situations, both formal and casual
- Strategies to deal with communication problems
This course prepares students for the IELTS exam. This exam is used for similar purposes to the TOEFL examination. There are two modules, general and academic.
Students who undertake the full course will gain:
- An understanding of the examination’s structure
- Strategies to do the exam: timing, organization, etc
- Competency in the four exam skills
- A better understanding of grammar, vocabulary, functions, register and discourse
- The main vocabulary used in the examination’s themes
- Western academic writing skills
- Development of speaking fluency and accuracy
FCE is an intermediate level exam course. It is divided into writing, reading, grammar, listening and speaking sections.
It is an ideal course for those who wish to study abroad or work in fields such as business or tourism which require highly developed language skills. Students who undertake the full 10 or 12 weeks of the course will have:
- Knowledge of test-taking techniques specific to FCE
- Knowledge of text types eg. formal and informal letters, narratives, reports and articles
- Improved listening skills
- Improved reading skills for a variety of genres
- Improved speaking skills
- A greater awareness of word families and word formation
- The ability to analyse texts grammatically and to transform sentences so as to express the same meaning in a different form
Cambridge Preliminary English Test
Milton College offers preparation for the Cambridge Preliminary English Test (PET). The course prepares students for the Cambridge exam in eleven or twelve weeks depending on the date of enrolment.
A PET certificate as a proof of English proficiency is very helpful when looking for employment.
English for Academic Purposes
English for Academic Purposes (EAP) prepares students for study in Australian universities by focusing on the skills needed in business-related courses. The Milton College EAP course uses a communicative, task and text-based approach to prepare students to do well in their chosen field of study.
Students who complete the 10 week course will be learning and practising the following university tasks:
- Writing a critical review
- Writing an essay based on research
- Writing a report
- Writing a case-study analysis
- Delivering oral presentations
- Participating in tutorial discussions
- Note-taking in lectures
- Preparing for examinations
The TOEIC® course is an English language proficiency test. Milton’s TOEIC® program teaches students the skills they need for both general and business purposes.
Students who undertake the full course will:
- Be knowledgeable of test taking techniques specific to TOEIC®
- Understand and be able to work within time restrictions
- Identify misleading information in listening/reading sections of TOEIC®
- Learn 600 key TOEIC® words
- Learn 20-25 essential English grammar structures
- Become familiar with business idioms/phrasal verbs tested in TOEIC®
Email: Contact Us
|Address: Level 1, 53 Walker Street, Sydney, NSW , Australia|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.