Boarding schools in Germany & Berlin: International schools & independent / private boarding schools for girls and boys, co-ed schools in Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg area. IB boarding schools in Europe. Privatschulen und Internate in Deutschland, Grossbritannien, London, Irland, Dublin, Italien und der Schweiz.
Landesschule Pforta is a Grade 9-12 German boarding school with a long tradition and special concept of furthering talented students in languages, music and natural sciences. Situated close to the cities of Leipzig and Naumburg in eastern Germany, instruction is through German, and every student has to choose one of three centers of interest: Foreign Languages, Music or Natural Sciences.
At Pforta, about 400 students from all parts of Germany live and learn from the 9th to the 12th grade, i.e. from the age of 14 to 18. Our boarding houses do not offer merely accommodation for those students who live too far away to go home every day, but also a safe and secure living and learning environment.
Conditions of admission include good performances at school, social involvement, and passing the entrance examination. The school-leaving certificate (Abitur) prepares graduates for university study.
The aim of our education program is not the constriction of one-sided specialization, but rather the broadening of general higher education in a field where individual interest and capabilities motivate to additional efforts and higher performances.
Calling Global Parents of boarding students to consider quality education in German-speaking Austria as an alternative for your child, and Vienna, a city of rich historical beauty & culture in the heart of modern Europe.
AMADEUS International School is a private day and boarding school in Vienna, Austria based in a secure, enclosed environment with a modern, purpose-built boarding facility. The first international boarding school in Vienna, our programmes are designed for primary, middle and secondary school students pursuing an academic career and an education that includes classical music classes, and for highly talented and gifted young musicians pursuing a professional music career. We warmly welcome students from around the world regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, race, or physical ability.
Our quality academic programmes include the high honors-level IB Diploma, as well as the standard-level High School Diploma programme, both of which are taught in English.
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary/Primary School Grades 1-4 (Volksschule) and Middle/High School Grades 5-10, with a boarding option available from Grade 6. By 2015, we will offer all K-12 grades.
Our boarding programmes offer a 'Home Away From Home' atmosphere and include weekly or semester boarding to international students and local students. All of our premises are completely renovated to state-of-the-art boarding standards.
Academic Programmes - boarding from Grade 6:
- Primary School and Middle School programmes
- High honors-level IB Diploma programme taught in English for secondary school students
- Standard-level High School Diploma programme taught in English for Grades 7-12
- Professional classical music education
Boarding school features:
- Day boarding and Full boarding available from Grade 6; weekly boarding possible upon request
- Purpose-built boarding facilities
- Full-time boarding staff & security
3.BBIS Berlin Brandenburg International School GmbH
Courses / Programs
Berlin Brandenburg International School (BBIS) is a private, state-approved English language day and boarding school serving the internationally-minded community of Germany’s capital region and beyond. Founded in 1990, BBIS is the first IB school in the world to be fully authorized by the IB organization in Genf, Switzerland to teach all four IB programs covering the 3-19 age range. The school is also accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA).
BBIS is truly an international school, with 680 students representing 58 nationalities. The boarding school, located directly on the school campus, houses 25 international students from grades 9 through 12.
BBIS teachers are experienced professionals from all over the world, with the greatest representation from the United States of America, the United Kingdom and Germany. Class sizes are no larger than 18 students. The student teacher ratio is 6:1.
Specific support is provided for students with special needs and those for whom English is not a first language. In grade 12 students have the opportunity to earn the IB Diploma or the IB Career-related Certificate.
Ideally located in Central Europe, Aiglon College is an English-speaking, independent, co-educational, international boarding school in south-western Switzerland. We offer a well-rounded education to students ages 9-18 in a secure and friendly international community, with over 50 nationalities represented. Situated in the French-speaking village of Chesieres-Villars in the Swiss Alps, Aiglon College is easily accessible by car or public transport. Geneva International Airport is only 1.5 hours away.
All courses are taught in English, with a high-quality ESL (English as a Second Language) programme for all non-English speakers. The school follows the British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) exams. For the final two years, sixth-form students study the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programme.
Our campus combines the traditional charm of chalet-style buildings with modern classrooms, well-equipped laboratories and a campus-wide computer network. There is a staff to pupil ratio of 1 to 5 and an average of 8 students per class.
- English-speaking boarding school for international students ages 9-18:
- Junior School
- Middle School - British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE exams
- Sixth Form - International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programme
- Snowsports & Languages Programme at Easter (April)
- Languages & Sports Summer School (July)
- IELTS exam preparation
- U.S. American College Board Exams preparation
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Germany, Europe, and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor