Landesschule Pforta: Landesschule Pforta is a Grade 9-12 German boarding school with a long tradition and special concept of furthering talented students in languages, music and natural sciences. Situated close to the cities of Leipzig and Naumburg in eastern Germany, instruction is through German, and every student has to choose one of three centers of interest: Foreign Languages, Music, or Natural Sciences.
At Pforta, about 400 students from all parts of Germany live and learn from the 9th to the 12th grade, i.e. from the age of 14 to 18. Founded in 1543, our boarding houses do not offer merely accommodation for those students who live too far away to go home every day, but also a safe and secure living and learning environment.
Grade 9-12 Co-Educational Boarding School Program:
Department of Natural Sciences: - Mathematics
Department of Languages: - Latin
Department of Music: - Lessons in history and theory of music
- Aural and vocal training
- Piano Lessons
- Optional second instrument
- Choir training
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Germany, Europe, and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Berlin Brandenburg International School (BBIS) is a private, state-approved English language day and boarding school serving the internationally-minded community of Germany’s capital region and beyond. Founded in 1990, BBIS is the first IB school in the world to be fully authorized by the IB organization in Genf, Switzerland to teach all four IB programs covering the 3-19 age range. The school is also accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA).
BBIS is truly an international school, with 680 students representing 58 nationalities. The boarding school, located directly on the school campus, houses 25 international students from grades 9 through 12.
BBIS teachers are experienced professionals from all over the world, with the greatest representation from the United States of America, the United Kingdom and Germany. Class sizes are no larger than 18 students. The student teacher ratio is 6:1.
Specific support is provided for students with special needs and those for whom English is not a first language. In grade 12 students have the opportunity to earn the IB Diploma or the IB Career-related Certificate.
Bonn International School (BIS) is an independent, self-supporting, nonprofit association, located in Bonn, Germany. BIS was created in 1997 from the merger of 3 well-established and successful schools in Bonn: The Bonn American High School, the British High School Bonn, and the Bonn American Elementary School.
BIS offers an English language program for children ages 3-18, starting with kindergarten/nursery school in our Early Learning Programme and continuing through to Grade 12. BIS is accredited by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IB), the Council of International Schools (ECIS) and the New England Association of School and Colleges. BIS is a long-standing member of the Association of German International Schools (AGIS).
IB Primary Years Programme starting for children age 3 and going to Grade 5; IB Middle Years Programme for Grades 6 - 10; IB Diploma Years Programme for Grades 11 - 12; International Baccalaureate Diploma. Classes are taught in English.
H.I.S. is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School that has been serving the needs of the international and local communities within the Rhine-Neckar region in the northwest of Baden-Württemberg since September 2002.
We are a not-for-profit, independent, co-educational day school for students from Early Primary 1 (age 4) to Grade 12. The curriculum is international and the language of instruction is English.
H.I.S. is conveniently located near the centre of Heidelberg and is easily accessible by car or public transportation from Mannheim, Ludwigshafen and Karlsruhe.
Our location, within the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region, allows families to take advantage of the area’s cultural and recreational attractions and opportunities.
The International School Hannover Region is a co-educational day school enrolling students from Kindergarten (age 3) to grade 12 situated in Hannover, northern Germany. ISHR is the only International School in Lower Saxony following all three IB (International Baccalaureate) programmes: the PYP, the MYP and the IB Diploma Programme.
The International School Hannover Region is an independent school, which serves the multi-national community of the city of Hannover and its surrounding areas. ISHR belongs to the European Council of International Schools (ECIS), and to the Association of German International Schools (AGIS). In Germany the school has the status of a state recognized “Ergänzungsschule”.
Ideally located in Central Europe, Aiglon College is an English-speaking, independent, co-educational, international boarding school in south-western Switzerland. We offer a well-rounded education to students ages 9-18 in a secure and friendly international community, with over 50 nationalities represented. Situated in the French-speaking village of Chesieres-Villars in the Swiss Alps, Aiglon College is easily accessible by car or public transport. Geneva International Airport is only 1.5 hours away.
All courses are taught in English, with a high-quality ESL (English as a Second Language) programme for all non-English speakers. The school follows the British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) exams. For the final two years, sixth-form students study the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programme.
Our campus combines the traditional charm of chalet-style buildings with modern classrooms, well-equipped laboratories and a campus-wide computer network. There is a staff to pupil ratio of 1 to 5 and an average of 8 students per class.
- English-speaking boarding school for international students ages 9-18:
- Junior School
- Middle School - British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE exams
- Sixth Form - International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programme
- Snowsports & Languages Programme at Easter (April)
- Languages & Sports Summer School (July)
- IELTS exam preparation
- U.S. American College Board Exams preparation