Art Colleges in New Zealand: Design school in Auckland, Digital media diploma courses, Animation training, Computer graphic design, Video editing, post-production course, Web development career training, Digital design foundation certificate in Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch...
Yoobee School of Design: Natcoll Design Technology in New Zealand is a leading specialist provider of NZQA approved creative digital design courses and is at the forefront of digital design education and training. We have three campus locations - Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington.
Reflecting real-life industry working environments, Natcoll's campuses are situated in modern, multi-storied buildings in central city locations. You'll love the focused yet laid-back atmosphere. Each campus has a spacious student common room. The teaching facilities include well-equipped computer suites with up-to-date software and equipment. All campuses are within walking distance of shops, art galleries, libraries and public transport.
To ensure we maintain our excellent learning environments, every campus has a student representative body that meets regularly with campus principals and staff.
Students come to New Zealand to enjoy the affordable, high quality tuition in a safe country that offers vibrant cities and cultural diversity. Natural lakes, forests, beaches and mountains are easily accessible and allow students to enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities. New Zealanders are also well known for their easy going approach to life and their friendliness.
School / Office Address:105 Symonds Street
Design & Arts College of New Zealand, Christchurch
Courses / Programs
The Design and Arts College of New Zealand (D&A) in Christchurch, New Zealand is the South Island’s only tertiary institute dedicated to design and arts education. We offer certificate and diploma courses in fields including Art; Interior Design; Photography; Fashion Design; Makeup Design among others. We also offer a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree program in in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design.
The aim of D&A is to bring students from all over the world together with industry professionals to create a community of people passionate about design and arts. We are New Zealand government funded (TEC) and registered (NZQA).
D&A courses are designed and taught by industry professionals, to ensure student success in the creative industries. As student time is valuable, all D&A courses have an accelerated pathway to work or higher education that ensures what you learn is relevant and moves you into industry in a fast and efficient way. Thousands of D&A graduates are now working as professionals in their field in New Zealand and around the world.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design)
- Diploma of Art (Advanced)
- Diploma of Contemporary Photography
- Diploma of Communication Arts and Design
- Diploma of Architectural Design and Technology
- Diploma of Interior Design
- Diploma of Fashion Design (Advanced)
- Certificate in Makeup Design and Production
- Certificate in Design and Arts (Foundation)
Media Design School is New Zealand’s most-awarded tertiary institute for digital and creative technology qualifications.
Specialising in the teaching of industry-standard skills and knowledge, Media Design School provides a vibrant and energetic creative culture for students from around the globe.
Our media design programmes have been developed by industry professionals and educators, cater for a range of experience levels, and are both highly relevant and production-oriented.
Media Design School’s graduates go on to work in the world’s leading design, game development, film and animation studios and have contributed to blockbuster films including Avatar, King Kong and films from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Bachelor of Art and Design (3D & VFX)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming)
- Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art)
- Bachelor of Media Design
- Diploma of Digital Creativity (Foundation)
- Diploma of Creative Advertising
- Graduate Certificate of Creative Technologies
- Graduate Diploma of Creative Technologies
Make the most of your overseas study experience by choosing somewhere inspiring like New Zealand! At Raffles College of Design and Commerce in Auckland, we provide high-quality certificate and diploma courses in the fields of design, business and early childhood education. We welcome students from NZ and international students from around the world.
Our college is part of the Raffles Education Corporation, which is a premier creative design and business education provider in Asia Pacific. All of our programmes are accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
At Raffles College of Design & Commerce in Auckland, creativity is encouraged. Studying in Auckland allows you to learn in a country with a unique balance of natural landscapes and commercial cities. Because of this balance, film makers and expats alike flock to New Zealand from around the world.
Our learning environment gives you the freedom to develop your creativity and teaches you how to apply it professionally. With international lecturers and peers, you can learn from and with like-minded people on how to use your creativity in a professional manner.
Massey University College of Creative Arts, Wellington
Courses / Programs
The College of Creative Arts at Massey University is a world-class art and design school based in Wellington, New Zealand.
The College is:
*ranked 11th by RED DOT, the international design awards agency, which gives Massey a distinctive seal of quality for its design programmes
*the first art and design school outside North America to be awarded “substantial equivalency” by the US accreditation body NASAD – the most comprehensive international benchmark for art and design education in the world
*number one in New Zealand for design and visual art research, according to the 2013 New Zealand government Performance Based Research Funding round.
The College provides a thriving, well-resourced and inspiring learning environment that fosters research, scholarship and creative practice. From selected entry to completion of their degree, students are equipped with a knowledge base and skill set that enables them to flourish in the creative industries, win awards, represent New Zealand and hold key positions that define creative thinking in businesses around the world.
Wellington is a thriving city of art, theatre, music, cinema production, multi-media and manufacturing industries.
The College delivers undergrad & postgrad programmes:
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Design (Honours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma in Design
- Graduate Diploma in Fine Arts
- Diploma in Photography
- Certificate in Visual Arts and Diploma in Visual Arts
- Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (visual & material culture)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Design
- Master of Fine Arts
- Master of Design
- Master of Art/Master of Philosophy in visual & material culture
- Doctor of Philosophy
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Natcoll Design Technology provides creative digital technology courses and related resources and is at the forefront of digital design education and training in New Zealand. Established in 1997, we have campuses in Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch which offer intensive NZQA-approved vocationally-based certificate and diploma courses. Whether your passion lies in animation or graphic design, web design or digital production, interactive media or video post production, we will teach you the essential skills you need to succeed in the creative digital design industries.
Our courses can lead to entry straight into the workforce, or provide opportunities for further study. Natcoll currently has a number of formal degree pathways in place with a number of institutions in Australia & NZ which provide Natcoll graduates with the opportunity to cross credit into degree programmes.
• Animation and Digital Video - Level 5
• Computer Graphic Design - Level 6
• Interactive Design - Level 6
• Web Development - Level 6
• Animation (Advanced) - Level 6
• Video Post Production (Advanced)-Level 6
• Digital Media (Advanced) - Level 7
• Advanced 3D Graphics – Level 7
Foundation certificate course:
• iCreate Foundation course in Digital Design – Level 3