Art Colleges in New Zealand: Design school in Auckland, Digital media diploma courses, Animation training, Computer graphic design, Video editing, post-production course, Web development career training, Digital design foundation certificate in Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington...
Yoobee School of Design, Auckland: Yoobee School of Design is a leading specialist provider of NZQA approved creative digital design courses, and is at the forefront of digital design education and training. Yoobee has three campuses in New Zealand, located in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland. We offer Diploma courses and a foundation certificate course covering animation, video post production, web development, interactive media and graphic design. Natcoll makes sure its graduates are industry-ready by keeping close connections to the digital design industry, and our teaching facilities include well-appointed computer suites, furnished with up-to-date software and equipment.
Every year Natcoll caters to over 600 full-time students. Most of them undertake one of our vocationally-focused level 6 diploma courses but we also offer a level 7 project-based advanced diploma for students wanting to take their skills even further. Our course range is always expanding, so please contact us if our current range does not meet your needs.
We offer Diploma courses and a foundation certificate course:
• iCreate Foundation course in Digital Design – Level 3
• Diploma of Animation and Digital Video - Level 5
• Diploma of Computer Graphic Design - Level 6
• Diploma of Web Development - Level 6
• Diploma of Animation (Advanced) - Level 6
• Diploma of Video Post Production (Advanced) - Level 6
* Diploma of Game Art - Level 7
• Diploma of Digital Media (Advanced) - Level 7
• Advanced 3D Graphics – Level 7
Why Choose Us?
- Yoobee School of Design is New Zealand's largest specialist private tertiary provider of creative digital technology courses and related resources.
- Established in 1997, we have campuses in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch which offer:
•intensive NZQA-approved vocationally-based certificate and diploma courses
•short courses for the community, primary and secondary school students and teachers
•block training modules for print apprentices
- We offer training you can trust. The government has recognised Natcoll's commitment to education and determination to provide first-class educational opportunities in the following ways:
•The Tertiary Education Commission has granted us a 7-year approval for our charter
•Yoobee is amongst a small percentage of tertiary providers to be granted a 3-year audit cycle by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
Yoobee’s vision is:
To provide an international learning community for creative education using digital technologies to connect with industry, stimulate personal growth and enhance vocational opportunities.
Design & Arts College of New Zealand, Christchurch
Courses / Programs
The Design and Arts College of New Zealand (D&A) in Christchurch, New Zealand is the South Island’s only tertiary institute dedicated to design and arts education. We offer certificate and diploma courses in fields including Art; Interior Design; Photography; Fashion Design; Makeup Design among others. We also offer a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree program in in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design.
The aim of D&A is to bring students from all over the world together with industry professionals to create a community of people passionate about design and arts. We are New Zealand government funded (TEC) and registered (NZQA).
D&A courses are designed and taught by industry professionals, to ensure student success in the creative industries. As student time is valuable, all D&A courses have an accelerated pathway to work or higher education that ensures what you learn is relevant and moves you into industry in a fast and efficient way. Thousands of D&A graduates are now working as professionals in their field in New Zealand and around the world.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design)
- Diploma of Art (Advanced)
- Diploma of Contemporary Photography
- Diploma of Communication Arts and Design
- Diploma of Architectural Design and Technology
- Diploma of Interior Design
- Diploma of Fashion Design (Advanced)
- Certificate in Makeup Design and Production
- Certificate in Design and Arts (Foundation)
Whitecliffe offers 11 tertiary programmes in arts and design - from foundation bridging to postgraduate. Programmes range from 18 weeks to 4 years in duration. Majors include Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Photography, Film/Video, Arts Therapy, Arts Administration and Fine Arts itself. Within the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, exit qualifications can be gained after each year successfully completed.
Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design, New Zealand's leading dedicated arts and design institution, offers stimulating pathways into arts and design careers for domestic and international students.
With our 25th Anniversary in 2007, we can offer renowned undergraduate arts and design education in the areas of fine arts,graphic design, fashion design,and photography, film and video. With postgraduate options of arts therapy, arts administration and fine arts.
Undergraduate Bridging Certificate of Art and Design (Foundation), Certificate of Art and Design - 1st year BFA exit qualification, Diploma of Art and Design - 2nd year BFA exit qualification, Diploma of Art & Design (Advanced)- 3rd year BFA exit qualification, Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (4 years)
4 majors in the undergraduate BFA: Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Fashion Design & Photography, Film/Video.
Postgraduate in Fine Arts and Arts Administration, Arts Therapy and Arts Therapy (Clinical).
Media Design School is New Zealand’s most-awarded tertiary institute for digital and creative technology qualifications.
Specialising in the teaching of industry-standard skills and knowledge, Media Design School provides a vibrant and energetic creative culture for students from around the globe.
Our media design programmes have been developed by industry professionals and educators, cater for a range of experience levels, and are both highly relevant and production-oriented.
Media Design School’s graduates go on to work in the world’s leading design, game development, film and animation studios and have contributed to blockbuster films including Avatar, King Kong and films from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Bachelor of Art and Design (3D & VFX)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming)
- Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art)
- Bachelor of Media Design
- Diploma of Digital Creativity (Foundation)
- Diploma of Creative Advertising
- Graduate Certificate of Creative Technologies
- Graduate Diploma of Creative Technologies
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Singapore & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Established in 1986, Whitireia is known for producing work-ready graduates in New Zealand and overseas. The main campus is in Porirua, sitting at the edge of the scenic Porirua harbour, 20km north of Wellington City. It is close to beaches where swimming, surfing and boating are popular recreational activities. It has easy access to banks, shopping complexes, art gallery, gymnasiums, restaurants and public transport. We offer Bachelor Degree, Diploma & Certificate courses.
Visual Arts, Jewellery Short Courses, Dance, Acting, Music, Design and Multimedia, Special Efx & Post-production Short Courses, Photography, Creative Writing, Journalism, Publishing, Maori Arts and Design, English Language, Floristry, Short Courses.