Whitireia Community Polytechnic: Established in 1986, Whitireia is known for producing work-ready graduates in New Zealand and overseas. The main campus is in Porirua, sitting at the edge of the scenic Porirua harbour, 20km north of Wellington City. It is close to beaches where swimming, surfing and boating are popular recreational activities. It has easy access to banks, shopping complexes, art gallery, gymnasiums, restaurants and public transport. We offer Advanced National Diploma, Graduate Diploma, Diploma & Certificate courses.
Visual Arts Bachelor of Applied Arts (Visual Arts and Design) Certificate in Visual Arts Diploma in Jewellery Design
Design and Multimedia Bachelor of Applied Arts (Visual Arts and Design) Certificate in Digital Media Certificate in Desktop Publishing for Print and the Web
Dance Bachelor of Applied Arts (Performing Arts)
Acting Diploma in Applied Stage and Screen Arts Diploma in Stage and Screen Arts Music Bachelor of Applied Arts (Music) Certificate in Rock, Jazz and Commercial Music Certificate in Live Sound and Event Production Certificate in DJ Music Certificate in Foundation Music
Photography Certificate in Advanced Photography Certificate in Practical Photography
Creative Writing The Creative Writing Programmes Introduction Bachelor of Applied Arts (Creative Writing) Graduate Diploma in Creative Writing Diploma in Creative Writing (Advanced) Diploma in Creative Writing - On Campus Diploma in Creative Writing - Online
Journalism National Diploma in Journalism (Multi-media) National Certificate in Journalism (Introductory)
Publishing PROGRAMMES OF STUDY: Diploma in Publishing Diploma in Publishing - Online
Māori Arts and Design Diploma in Whakairo (Advanced) - Toiere Whakairo National Diploma in Whakairo (Level 5) National Certificate in Whakairo (Tūturu) (Level 4)
English Language Certificate in Intensive General English (Beginner) Certificate in Intensive General English (Elementary) Certificate in Intensive General English (Pre-Intermediate) Certificate in Intensive General English (Intermediate) Certificate in Intensive General English (Upper Intermediate) Certificate in Intensive General English (Advanced) Certificate in Intensive General English (Academic)
Floristry National Certificate in Floristry
Short Courses Introduction to Digital Publishing Adobe Creative Suite
Make the most of your overseas study experience by choosing somewhere inspiring like New Zealand! At Raffles College of Design and Commerce in Auckland, we provide high-quality certificate and diploma courses in the fields of design, business and early childhood education. We welcome students from NZ and international students from around the world.
Our college is part of the Raffles Education Corporation, which is a premier creative design and business education provider in Asia Pacific. All of our programmes are accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
At Raffles College of Design & Commerce in Auckland, creativity is encouraged. Studying in Auckland allows you to learn in a country with a unique balance of natural landscapes and commercial cities. Because of this balance, film makers and expats alike flock to New Zealand from around the world.
Our learning environment gives you the freedom to develop your creativity and teaches you how to apply it professionally. With international lecturers and peers, you can learn from and with like-minded people on how to use your creativity in a professional manner.
Natcoll Design Technology provides creative digital technology courses and related resources and is at the forefront of digital design education and training in New Zealand. Established in 1997, we have campuses in Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch which offer intensive NZQA-approved vocationally-based certificate and diploma courses. Whether your passion lies in animation or graphic design, web design or digital production, interactive media or video post production, we will teach you the essential skills you need to succeed in the creative digital design industries.
Our courses can lead to entry straight into the workforce, or provide opportunities for further study. Natcoll currently has a number of formal degree pathways in place with a number of institutions in Australia & NZ which provide Natcoll graduates with the opportunity to cross credit into degree programmes.
• Animation and Digital Video - Level 5
• Computer Graphic Design - Level 6
• Interactive Design - Level 6
• Web Development - Level 6
• Animation (Advanced) - Level 6
• Video Post Production (Advanced)-Level 6
• Digital Media (Advanced) - Level 7
• Advanced 3D Graphics – Level 7
Foundation certificate course:
• iCreate Foundation course in Digital Design – Level 3
Design & Arts College of New Zealand, Christchurch
Courses / Programs
The Design and Arts College of New Zealand (D&A) in Christchurch, New Zealand is the South Island’s only tertiary institute dedicated to design and arts education. We offer certificate and diploma courses in fields including Art; Interior Design; Photography; Fashion Design; Makeup Design among others. We also offer a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree program in in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design.
The aim of D&A is to bring students from all over the world together with industry professionals to create a community of people passionate about design and arts. We are New Zealand government funded (TEC) and registered (NZQA).
D&A courses are designed and taught by industry professionals, to ensure student success in the creative industries. As student time is valuable, all D&A courses have an accelerated pathway to work or higher education that ensures what you learn is relevant and moves you into industry in a fast and efficient way. Thousands of D&A graduates are now working as professionals in their field in New Zealand and around the world.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design)
- Diploma of Art (Advanced)
- Diploma of Contemporary Photography
- Diploma of Communication Arts and Design
- Diploma of Architectural Design and Technology
- Diploma of Interior Design
- Diploma of Fashion Design (Advanced)
- Certificate in Makeup Design and Production
- Certificate in Design and Arts (Foundation)
Media Design School is New Zealand’s most-awarded tertiary institute for digital and creative technology qualifications.
Specialising in the teaching of industry-standard skills and knowledge, Media Design School provides a vibrant and energetic creative culture for students from around the globe.
Our media design programmes have been developed by industry professionals and educators, cater for a range of experience levels, and are both highly relevant and production-oriented.
Media Design School’s graduates go on to work in the world’s leading design, game development, film and animation studios and have contributed to blockbuster films including Avatar, King Kong and films from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Bachelor of Art and Design (3D & VFX)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming)
- Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art)
- Bachelor of Media Design
- Diploma of Digital Creativity (Foundation)
- Diploma of Creative Advertising
- Graduate Certificate of Creative Technologies
- Graduate Diploma of Creative Technologies
Palmerston North School of Design is a private design school located in central Palmerston North, the main city of the Manawatu-Wanganui region of the North Island of New Zealand. We provide courses for students who have creative talent and ability but lack the necessary skills and qualifications to go onto tertiary design training or gain employment in the design industry.
We have three courses for school leavers and mature students wanting to enter higher university study or employment. The courses are designed for students who have not gained the university entrance criteria at high school or who would like to focus on design full time.
After completion of the courses, students have expertise in drawing, the design process, graphic / fashion design and computer graphics. The courses combine nationally recognised qualifications with a professional portfolio for entry to the best degree and diploma design courses in New Zealand and around the world.
The courses do not simply prepare students for entry to higher level training or employment, but give them the opportunity to excel. Palmerston North School of Design has the highest quality rating from NZQA.
• London Art Portfolio (LAP) provides art and design portfolio preparation courses to artists and designers of all levels - from beginners to advanced.
• Popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for portfolio development support, we have a 100% success rate for student placement in top art schools and universities in London, throughout the UK, and worldwide.
• We offer foundation courses in art & design, day and evening courses year-round, as well as one-to-one tutorials tailored to your needs. Online classes are also available.
• Conveniently situated in Central London just south of Tower Bridge in Southwark, LAP welcomes students from throughout the UK, as well as international students from around the world.
• London Art Portfolio was set up by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly in the UK and abroad.
• Julia has many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for all specialist areas for degree applications, organising exhibitions, and preparing students for interviews.
• Our courses attract a vibrant, diverse mix of creative students from all over the world, great for making new friends and fully enjoying London too!
Student Review: "Thanks so much for your help Julia! Our sessions gave me that step up that I really needed to get my portfolio and statement together in the nick of time!
The focus, encouragement and ideas that came out of sessions together were invaluable." - Amy - Otis College of Art and Design, MA Degree in Fine Art