London Meridian College:
Welcome to London Meridian College - an English language school established in 2001. London Meridian College provides British Council accredited English Language Courses in London. From General English Courses, IELTS English, Cambridge Exam Courses to One-to-One Tuition and Work Experience Placement English Courses we have the Course to suit your needs. We have two campuses in London, one on Oxford Street, Soho, London Borough of the City of Westminster in Greater London near Tottenham Court Road underground station and the second campus on Holloway Road, London Borough of Islington in North London. London Meridian College is licensed by the UK Border Agency to enrol international students under Tier 4 of the Points Based System. Part of our student services are excellent student insurance services with a management team who can provide you with advice and support on various welfare issues. LMC is accredited by the British Council.
Our General English programme offers you a balanced syllabus with writing, reading, listening and communication, using modern course books and a wide range of our resource materials.You will be expected to participate in pair work, group work and be as active as possible in the classroom. We offer 7 levels from Elementary to Advanced/Proficiency.
A wide-ranging, challenging 12-week course designed to equip students with the English language skills required to function effectively in the world of business.
The Business English course at LMC aims to allow students to:
• improve their reading, writing, listening & speaking skills within the context of business
• increase their knowledge of business-related vocabulary
• focus on business-appropriate functions, register and
• become familiar with the format of the BEC exam
• improve their exam technique
• practise the kind of questions they will have to answer in the exam
• take practice exam papers
• A BEC exam-focussed course book is used every day in class. It is very important for students to buy this course book as it provides the basis of the course.
• Business English at LMC is a 12-week course. Since students can start any Monday, they must not expect to start the course book from page 1. However, the book we use does not have to be worked through in chronological order and by the end of the 12 weeks, the student will have covered the whole book and done all necessary exam preparation.
• There is regular exam practice. This may take the form of one whole paper from the exam or a sample of questions.
• Supplementary materials are also used to add variety and consolidate the course book- based work.
• Teachers often set homework for this course. Students are expected to complete all homework assignments. The BEC exam is challenging and students must be prepared to devote plenty of time to private study if they wish to pass.
• Every week there is revision of the work done in the previous week. As we operate a continuous enrolment system, new students join the class all of the time. By revising functions, tenses and lexis, new students are not left behind. We also believe that revision and reinforcement are necessary learning tools.
• One week before the BEC, students can choose to take intensive exam practice to aid their preparation.
Cambridge FCE & CAE Classes:
In these classes students develop their General English language skills whilst working towards taking one of the Cambridge exams.
First Certificate in English (F.C.E.) and Cambridge Advanced Certificate (C.A.E.) courses at LMC aim to allow students to:
• improve their reading, writing, listening & speaking skills
• become familiar with the format of the FCE & CAE exams
• improve their exam technique
• practise the kind of questions they will have to answer in the exams
• take practice exam papers
IELTS Exam Preparation Course:
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is an examination jointly assessed and run by Cambridge ESOL, the British Council & IELTS Australia: IDP Australia. Candidates are tested in Listening, Reading, Writing & Speaking. At LMC we offer a 6-week course that fully prepares students for this exam.
Who is the IELTS course for?
Foreign students who wish to study at a British university usually need to attain an IELTS score before they are accepted onto the course. Some professional organisations in the UK also require foreign practioners whose first language is not English to achieve an IELTS score.
When can I take the examination?
Students can take the IELTS exam in London any month. Applications must usually be made one month in advance. LMC can help students book a place at an exam centre. Results usually arrive approximately two weeks after the exam is taken.
One teacher to one student offers you a highly intensive course where your specific needs can be met. You can book one to one classes at any level and for as many hours as you wish. You can combine one-to-one lessons with any other course. Before you start your lessons, you will fill out a needs analysis form to give us as much information as possible about what you expect from your lessons. This will help your teacher plan a programme made just for you.
Because it's just you and your teacher, you can choose exactly what you want to concentrate on - this could be anything from intensive work on pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, speaking or listening, to more specialised areas like business or social English or exam preparation. As well as improving your personal weaknesses, one to one means that the teacher gives you undivided attention and you work more intensively, resulting in much faster progress than in a normal class.
Communication classes may be taken combined with General English as part of a 25 or 30-hour-a-week study programme.
Communication classes at LMC aim to allow students to:
• improve the fluency of their communication
• enhance their English vocabulary
• work on their pronunciation
• discuss various topics in English
• gain confidence when communicating in English
• Teacher will introduce a topic of conversation for the lesson. Students are expected to try their best to engage in conversation with the teacher and their classmates.
• Sometimes the teacher will invite students to introduce a topic of conversation.
• There is no course book for this class, although the teacher may use supplementary materials from time to time.
Email: Contact Us
Specific Contact Pages: - IELTS Preparation
|Address: 103a Oxford Street, London, England , UK / GB|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.