Located in the beautiful Piney Woods region of East Texas just 2 hours east of Dallas, Heartlight is a co-educational Christian boarding school for troubled teens aged 13 to 18 in Texas, needing temporary removal from their homes due to teenage behavioral problems. Both boys and girls are cared for in separate housing units, schooled, counseled and mentored 24/7. The Heartlight campus is on a 100 acre property, with modern log houses delivering a peaceful setting. Each troubled teen is involved in daily therapeutic programs administered by our Christian counselors and staff.
- 24/7 mentoring and counseling
- Public High School program
- Accredited home-bound schooling program
- Daily therapeutic programs
- For residents who can function in public school and continue their growth process at Heartlight, we offer the privilege of attending Hallsville High School, a 4-A school that excels in academics, discipline, and activities.
- For boys and girls who find it hard to work through issues and attend public school simultaneously, we offer two separate programs, Heartlight East for boys and Heartlight South for girls. This second option provides home-bound schooling that is accredited through Texas Tech University and taught by our our own certified teachers on the Heartlight staff, and overseen by our Academic Director.
- Each troubled teen is involved in daily therapeutic programs administered by our Christian counselors and staff. Heartlight has a high ratio of staff to residents, nearly a 1:1 ratio with up to 40 staff on campus for just 48 students.
- Students are under adult supervision at all times and are generally not free to roam the campus nor allowed to enter each other's homes. Each staff member is dedicated to high standards, moral integrity and takes their job seriously. It is a great sense of honor that parents would place a child in their care.
- The average stay for young people at Heartlight is 9 to 12 months. Changes of heart take time, and they require commitment on the prat of the parents to stick with the program, no matter how difficult it is to be away from the child. Heartlight is a non-denominational Christian ministry, and is not affiliated with any one church. Heartlight utilizes a Biblical counseling model that brings the message of Jesus Christ to the lives of residents in a non-threatening way.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 7345 E HWY 80, Hallsville, Texas , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.