Girls boarding school in Dallas TX: Private boarding high school with college preparatory programs, residential education in East Texas for students from Houston, Austin, Fort Worth, San Antonio, OK, AR, NM, LA..
The Hockaday School, Dallas: The Hockaday School in Dallas, TX, established in 1913 by Miss Ela Hockaday and a group of concerned parents, provides an outstanding college preparatory education for girls in grades 8 through 12 (boarding); and Pre-K through 12 (day). The boarding experience at The Hockaday School is unique and unlike any other you will find. Originally founded as a boarding school, Hockaday has kept its boarding community small and intimate within a school population that has grown to over 1,000 students.
College Preparatory Day & Boarding School Programs for Girls:
- Day Programs (Grades Pre-K through 12)
- Boarding Programs (Grades 8-12)
- Lower School
- Middle School
- Upper School
- Summer School Programs
The Brook Hill School, accredited, independent Christian Day (K-12) and Boarding (grades 8-12) school sits on a beautiful 288-acre campus in East Texas, in the South Central United States.
Our mission is to provide excellence in college preparatory education, affirm the gifts and challenge the potential of each student, and encourage students to honor God through Christ-like character.
The Brook Hill boarding program hosts students from all over the world entering Grades 8 - 12. Students from Angola, The Bahamas, Caicos Islands, China, Japan, Kosovo, Macedonia, Mexico, Nigeria, Paraguay, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, and the United States have graced our hallways.
"The Village at The Brook" offers two boarding houses, one for girls and one for boys. Residential facilities in "The Village" afford students a lifestyle which is like living at home. Rather than traditional dormitories, students live in comfortable, residential-style houses that include the types of amenities they might find in their own homes.
Co-educational Day & Boarding School Programs (Grade 8-12):
- Day School programs (K-12)
- Boarding programs (Grade 8-12)
- College preparatory courses taught from a Biblical worldview
- AP level courses
- College Level Dual-credit options
- ESL English language programs
Located in the foothills of the beautiful Ozark Mountains between Gentry and Siloam Springs in Benton County in Northwest Arkansas, Ozark Adventist Academy is a co-educational boarding high school for Grades 9-12 with a warm, friendly, and inviting atmosphere.
OAA is owned and operated by the Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and is fully accredited with the Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities, and by the Arkansas Nonpublic Schools Accrediting Association.
We offer a college preparatory curriculum with SAT, ACT, Honors and Advanced Placment courses as well as a scholarship program. Choosing Ozark Adventist Academy for boarding school years is a choice of belonging to a school family with a special mission and commitment.
Boarding students live in the residence hall on campus with separate dormitories for boys and girls. Usually a student occupies a room with one other student. Ozark Adventist Academy admits students of any gender, race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities available to students at the school.
Boarding & Day Programs for High School Students in Grades 9-12:
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English & speech, fine arts, math, foreign languages, science, social studies, religion, physical education
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses ACT and SAT
- Learning Resource Center with Tutoring and Reading classes
- Pathways to Success Scholarship Program
- International Students are welcome
San Marcos Academy (SMA) is a co-educational, Christian boarding and day school for 6th through 12th Grade students, located in Hays County TX, less than an hour from San Antonio and Austin.
We offer a unique educational experience, including a fully accredited, college-preparatory curriculum.
SMA’s fully accredited academic program provides students with small classes to allow them more attention from the teacher and less distraction in the classroom.
The Academy provides a number of special services and programs to meet the individual needs of each student. Honors students are challenged by dual-credit college courses as well as pre-AP/AP and honors courses.
We also offer a Learning Skills Program for students with mild to moderate learning differences; an ESL program; and academic credit recovery through online courses.
The mission of San Marcos Academy is to educate young men and women within a nurturing community based upon Christian values.
Boarding & Day School Programs for Boys & Girls in Grades 6-12:
School features include:
- Fully accredited, college-preparatory curriculum
- Full athletics program
- Leadership training opportunities (including JROTC)
- Honors/AP and dual-credit college courses
- Small class sizes & low student-teacher ratio
- Music, drama & visual art programs
- Credit recovery programs
- Learning Skills Center for students with mild to moderate learning differences
- International Student Program provides ESL instruction
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Louisiana and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Located in the beautiful Piney Woods region of East Texas just 2 hours east of Dallas, Heartlight is a co-educational Christian boarding school for troubled teens aged 13 to 18 in Texas, needing temporary removal from their homes due to teenage behavioral problems.
Both boys and girls are cared for in separate housing units, schooled, counseled and mentored 24/7. The Heartlight campus is on a 100 acre property, with modern log houses delivering a peaceful setting. Each troubled teen is involved in daily therapeutic programs administered by our Christian counselors and staff.
Heartlight has a high ratio of staff to residents, nearly a 1:1 ratio with up to 40 staff on campus for just 48 students. Students are under adult supervision at all times and are generally not free to roam the campus nor allowed to enter each other's homes. The average stay for young people at Heartlight is 9 to 12 months.
Heartlight is a non-denominational Christian ministry, and is not affiliated with any one church. Heartlight utilizes a Biblical counseling model that brings the message of Jesus Christ to the lives of residents in a non-threatening way.
• Located in Verneuil sur Seine, just 38km north-west of Paris, Notre Dame International High School (NDIHS) is a private American High School offering day and boarding (5 and 7 day) programs to students from around the world in Grades 9-12.
• NDIHS provides an exciting opportunity to learn the French language and culture while attending an American curriculum (taught in English) that leads to an American high school diploma.
• NDIHS follows the Nacel Interntional School System (NISS). We offer supervised and modern boarding facilities. In addition, we can organize French homestays for further French cultural immersion.
• Students may enroll in a full course of study or participate in a dual diploma program, in which they take their standard country courses and supplement that course of study with key subjects from the American core curriculum.
• The US High School curriculum (ESL, Math, English, Social Studies and Science) is taught by American teachers. Arts, Music and Physical Education are taught by French teachers. The special French curriculum is provided by our French sister school, Notre Dame Les Oiseaux.
• Notre Dame International High School is also a candidate school to teach the IB Diploma programme in Grade 11 and 12 from September 2018.
• NDIHS is located on the campus of Notre Dame Les Oiseaux, in the town of Verneuil sur Seine, only 35 minutes north-west of Paris city center by train.