San Marcos Academy:
San Marcos Academy is a coeducational, Christian boarding and day school for 4th through 12th Grade students (4th and 5th grades are day only). Located in San Marcos, Hays County TX on a 220-acre campus in beautiful Central Texas hill country, we offer a unique educational experience that provides for the intellectual, social, physical and spiritual development of each student.
San Marcos Academy is accredited or recognized by the following accrediting bodies:
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) a division of AdvancED.
- Accrediting Commission of the Texas Association of Baptist Schools (ACTABS)
- Texas Education Agency (TEA)
SMA is a member of the Association of Boarding Schools and is a partner school with the Independent Educational Consultants Association. We are also a member of the Texas Christian Athletic League and the Christian Athletic League of San Antonio.
We are affiliated with Texas Baptists through the Baptist General Convention of Texas.
Founded in 1907, the Academy is steeped in tradition, is fully accredited, and offers a rolling enrollment. Our current enrollment includes students from 16 different countries.
Why Choose Us?
- Safe Student Environment:
Our Christ-centered foundation provides a safe environment for students to grow in their faith while experiencing a diversity of ideas and cultures.
- Dedicated, Professional Staff:
The faculty and staff at San Marcos Academy are committed to serving students and setting them on the path to a bright future in which they can make valuable contributions to the world as a whole.
- Christian Values:
We add value to every subject and activity because of our common purpose and mission: "educating young men and women within a nurturing community based upon Christian values.”
The Academy provides a number of special services and programs designed to meet the individual needs of each student:
- Honors students are challenged with the opportunity to take dual-credit college courses (in a partnership with Hardin-Simmons University), as well as pre-AP/AP and honors courses.
- Those students with learning differences (ADD, ADHD, dyslexia, etc.) may qualify for placement in the Learning Skills Program, which offers one-on-one or group tutoring, re-teaching of subject material, verbalized testing, project assistance, and organizational skills instruction.
- Opportunities for credit recovery are available through our blended classroom environment and through San Marcos Online Academy.
- All boarding students benefit from attending evening study halls in the dormitory or a more intensive Structured Study Hall, where tutoring and close supervision is provided by degreed instructors.
- Progress reports or report cards are mailed out every 3 weeks to keep parents updated on their student's progress.
- Each year 95 percent or more of our graduates attend college following graduation.
School features include:
- Fully accredited, college-preparatory curriculum
- Full athletics program
- Leadership training opportunities (including JROTC)
- Honors/AP and dual-credit college courses
- Small class sizes & low student-teacher ratio
- Music, drama & visual art programs
- Credit recovery programs
- Learning Skills Center for students with mild to moderate learning differences
- International Student Program provides ESL instruction
Developing Leaders of Tomorrow:
The challenges of a complicated world give San Marcos Academy an opportunity to reaffirm our mission.
The Academy provides leadership training through a number of programs, including the following:
- a top ranked Junior ROTC unit
- community service opportunities
- Endowed Lecture Series
- clubs and organizations such as National Honor Society and Junior State of America
- occasional Saturday programs for leadership education and development
San Marcos Academy offers competitive high school and middle school athletic programs for boys and girls of all skill levels.
Academy coaches place a higher value on how an athlete plays than on the outcome of a game; sportsmanship, integrity, and character on the field or court are the values that characterize a winner at San Marcos Academy. Among the sports offered at SMA are the following:
- football (flag football for middle school)
- cross country
SMA also has these top-quality athletic facilities:
- varsity and a sub-varsity gymnasiums
- indoor heated swimming pool
- articial turf football field and all-weather track and field facility
- lighted tennis courts
- horseback riding arena and barn/stable area
- air rifle range
- fully-equipped fitness center
- practice golf course
- disk (Frisbee) golf course
- fields for soccer, baseball and softball
More than half of the students at San Marcos Academy live on campus in our residence halls. These students are a diverse group, representing a variety of nationalities, several different U.S. states, and about 40 different cities across Texas.
Female boarding students in Grades 6-12 live in Elizabeth Kokernot (EK) Hall. Male boarding students in Grades 6-12 live in the Boys Dormitory.
San Marcos Academy’s Residential Life Program provides a nurturing, structured environment where students can develop the life skills required for independent living while also learning to become a contributing member of the school community as a whole.
The residence hall staff are guided by the philosophy of relational ministry. Residential staff provide adult supervision within the dormitory as well as assistance to students when required.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 2801 Ranch Road 12, San Marcos, Texas 78666, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.