Private boarding school in Texas: Christian boarding school in Austin for boys & girls, boarding high school offering college preparatory programs. Co-ed middle school, residential education in Travis County, Central Texas for students from Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, AR, NM, OK, LA..
St. Stephen's Episcopal School: Situated on a gorgeous 400 acre campus in Austin TX, St. Stephen's Episcopal School is an independent, co-educational college preparatory day and boarding school serving students in grades 6-12. We have a remarkably diverse student body comprises 671 students from more than 30 Texas cities, eight states and 13 countries, including China, Thailand, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and Korea. We offer 16 AP courses, and St. Stephen’s exposes students to the fundamentals of a classic liberal-arts education
Co-educational college preparatory day and boarding programs for Grades 6-12: - 16 AP courses
- Extra-curricular activities
- Classic liberal-arts education
- College preparatory curriculum
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Located in Harlingen, Cameron County in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, Marine Military Academy is a private college preparatory military boarding school for young men in Grades 8-12.
The Marine Military Academy maintains the tradition of the United States Marine Corps with the Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps Program coupled with a superb educational environment to develop morally strong, ethical, educated young men.
Our students constantly receive disciplined, structured training; ethical, moral and spiritual philosophy, and programs designed to develop courage, character and leadership.
The Marine Military Academy is a self-contained community with academic facilities, housing, dining, medical support, recreational and athletic facilities and its own maintenance section. A number of key staff and faculty members along with all drill instructors and their families live on campus.
Cadets are billeted in six, two story barracks with two Cadets to a room and two rooms sharing a bathroom. Each barracks contains an apartment where the drill instructor and his family live. We are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (MCJROTC) Program
- College Preparatory Curriculum (including Math, science, foreign languages, social science, computer science and health)
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Summer School
- English as Second Language Program
Located in the beautiful Piney Woods region of East Texas just 2 hours east of Dallas, Heartlight is a co-educational Christian boarding school for troubled teens aged 13 to 18 in Texas, needing temporary removal from their homes due to teenage behavioral problems.
Both boys and girls are cared for in separate housing units, schooled, counseled and mentored 24/7. The Heartlight campus is on a 100 acre property, with modern log houses delivering a peaceful setting. Each troubled teen is involved in daily therapeutic programs administered by our Christian counselors and staff.
Heartlight has a high ratio of staff to residents, nearly a 1:1 ratio with up to 40 staff on campus for just 48 students. Students are under adult supervision at all times and are generally not free to roam the campus nor allowed to enter each other's homes. The average stay for young people at Heartlight is 9 to 12 months.
Heartlight is a non-denominational Christian ministry, and is not affiliated with any one church. Heartlight utilizes a Biblical counseling model that brings the message of Jesus Christ to the lives of residents in a non-threatening way.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Texas, across the United States, & students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
The Hockaday School in Dallas provides an outstanding college preparatory education for girls in Grades 8 through 12 (boarding) and Pre-K through 12 (day).
The boarding experience at The Hockaday School is unique and unlike any other you will find. Originally founded as a boarding school, Hockaday has kept its boarding community small and intimate within a school population that has grown to over 1,000 students.
Our staff does not serve double duty as faculty members but instead are devoted 100% to their residence jobs.
As a community of 73 boarders, we offer an incredible amount of diversity, representing numerous states and an average of 12 countries each year. On the other hand, our commitment to remain under 75 boarders allows us always to feel like a family and a close-knit community.
San Marcos Academy (SMA) is a co-educational, Christian boarding and day school for 6th through 12th Grade students, located in Hays County TX, less than an hour from San Antonio and Austin.
We offer a unique educational experience, including a fully accredited, college-preparatory curriculum.
SMA’s fully accredited academic program provides students with small classes to allow them more attention from the teacher and less distraction in the classroom.
The Academy provides a number of special services and programs to meet the individual needs of each student. Honors students are challenged by dual-credit college courses as well as pre-AP/AP and honors courses.
We also offer a Learning Skills Program for students with mild to moderate learning differences; an ESL program; and academic credit recovery through online courses.
The mission of San Marcos Academy is to educate young men and women within a nurturing community based upon Christian values.
Boarding & Day School Programs for Boys & Girls in Grades 6-12:
School features include:
- Fully accredited, college-preparatory curriculum
- Full athletics program
- Leadership training opportunities (including JROTC)
- Honors/AP and dual-credit college courses
- Small class sizes & low student-teacher ratio
- Music, drama & visual art programs
- Credit recovery programs
- Learning Skills Center for students with mild to moderate learning differences
- International Student Program provides ESL instruction
• Conveniently situated in the Rice Village area of south-central Houston TX, close to Downtown, Crossing Borders provides quality bilingual preschool programs for toddlers up to kindergarten age children (18 months - 5 years).
• Spanish & English classes are available for kids ages 1-5, while French and Chinese classes are available for potty-trained children ages 3-5.
• We offer full immersion preschool programs for non-native speakers as well as native speakers. Children as young as 18-months-old are immersed in our language programs where they learn in a nurturing environment.
• Our curriculum is designed to immerse children in a different language in an organic way using games, songs, activities, to help them participate, understand, and speak the new language.
• Our academic curriculum is advanced, and challenges our students to learn subjects (Math, Science, Art, etc.) in a second language, becoming bilingual.
• All of our teachers are native speakers who are devoted into developing their students to become independent so they are prepared for their future. Our curriculum is flexible, offering parents full-time and part-time school times (2 ,3 & 5 days) as well as before and after care.
Parent Review: "Simply said, we love Crossing Borders. Started with 2 days a week, for my almost 2 year old son, and immediately noticed tremendous growth in both Spanish language comprehension and other skills. Ms Joselyn is a wonderful teacher. We are changing to 5 days a week. - Stephanie
Bilingual Preschool Programs for toddlers to kindergarten kids ages 18 months - 5 years:
• Spanish Immersion Preschool (ages 1-5)
• Spanish Kindergarten Program for 5 year olds
• Mandarin Chinese Immersion Preschool (ages 3-5)
• French Immersion Preschool (ages 3-5)
• English Immersion (18-months to 5 years)
• English for Toddlers
• English Preschool (for kids ages 2-3)
• After-School Child Care / Enrichment Program
• Spanish Summer Camps
• English Summer Camps
Parents can choose to send their child for 2, 3, or 5 days a week.