Abbey Road Programs: If your child has a keen interest in European history, philosophy, art, archeology, and mythology, then what better way to nurture that interest than with the ultimate academic adventure with Abbey Road Programs? Our History of Western Civilization program combines travel, adventure, history and cultural immersion as students in Grades 9-12 spend 6 nights each in Athens, Rome, Florence and Paris traveling and exploring alongside our staff of expert instructors, who specialize in European history from Ancient Greece to Revolutionary France.
History of Western Civilization Cultural Immersion Program: Spend 6 nights each in Paris, Rome, Florence, and Athens
With four cultural capitals on our itinerary we have our work cut out for us. Lucky for you, we are expert professionals in the fields of travel and cultural immersion. We create a balanced daily schedule each day that gives you the opportunity to learn about, explore, and experience the local culture in many forms.
Mornings include guided tours and on-site lessons at monuments and museums while afternoons and evenings are dedicated to optional cultural activities and excursions, free time for exploration, and nightly group meals. Whatever the historic theme scheduled for the day may be, we strive to balance structure and spontaneity to ensure you get to see the “popular” sites, lesser-known “local” spots, and pursue your personal interests.
Sites visited on Paris leg of the prgoram: - Bastille - Versailles - Notre Dame - Sainte Chapelle - The Arc de Triomphe - Louvre - Museé d’Orsay - Centre Pompidou
- Paris trip includes discussion on the Middle Ages, the era of absolute monarchy, the French Revolution, and the French Enlightenment.
Paris Saint Germain Academy & Bordeaux Cap Girondins Soccer Camps
Courses / Programs
• Soccer Camps International specializes in providing admission to renowned spring and summer soccer camps in Europe including 1 or 2 week international summer sessions with Paris Saint Germain (PSG) Academy for boys ages 8-17, and 1 or 2-week soccer camps with Cap Girondins Bordeaux Soccer Camps for boys ages 7-16.
• In 2020, Paris Saint Germain Soccer Academy will again be offering, in addition to their regular summer soccer camp weekly sessions, two Special 2 Week International Sessions with Discovery of Paris and Optional French Classes for boys from 13 – 17 years old.
• This Special International Summer Soccer Session with Discovery of Paris/Disneyland and French Classes (optional) will offer a spectacular program for all foreign players willing to experience French culture near Paris.
• Our special Soccer and French classes opportunity offers a highly educational summer program to all international students who would like to experience French culture and lifestyle near Paris, the City of Lights, and the summer of a lifetime!
• The Bordeaux summer camp is coached in the French language (knowledge of French is required). We also offer 1-week soccer camps for girls ages 8-15 in Bordeaux.
• Prepare to experience Soccer Academy life with one of the best French soccer teams of the past 30 years!
• Soccer Camps International also provides entry to prestigious summer soccer camps in Barcelona and Madrid in Spain, Portugal, Italy, and the UK.
Paris Saint Germain Soccer Academy Camps
• 1 or 2 week summer soccer camps for boys ages 8 to 17 (Regular Sessions) & ages 13 to 17 (for International Sessions)
• 30+ hours of soccer training / games
• 8 hours of optional French classes
• Also: Goalkeeper or Forward Training option
• Bilingual coaching
Cap Girondins Bordeaux Soccer Camps • 1 or 2 weeks for boys ages 7-16 years
• 1-week soccer camps for girls ages 8-15
• Residential and Day camp options
• Specific goalkeeper practice will be available during all sessions.
• Knowledge of French is required
ESFA Language Travel, located in Juan-les-Pins/Antibes in the heart of the French Riviera, is a leader in foreign language travel offering international summer camps for teens. ESFA was started in 1968 in Lyon, France, which means we have over 40 years of experience in language travel and study abroad. Our advisors are multi-lingual and all have extensive experience living and studying abroad. ESFA is accredited by the French Minister of Youth and Sports, and only works with accredited language partners around the world.
Home-stay Programs include:
- Language classes in small groups
- Qualified and experienced language teachers
- Oral and written communication
- Cultural and sports activity program
- Excursions and field trips on the weekend
Edu-Culture Immersion (ECI) specializes in 2-6-week summer study abroad programs for groups of high school & college students, ages 15-21.
Live with a family in France for between 2 and 6 weeks in the summer. We will choose a family most suited to you, and usually with a teen of a similar age. You will speak only French and you will be completely integrated in French family life and culture. This is the best way to improve your spoken French.
Our families are located in the town of Gap in the French Alps, and the town of Hyeres on the French Riviera (Cote d'Azur), giving you a beach or Alpine experience! Or families are carefully chosen and are all volunteers, wanting to host in order to forge a connections with a student from the U.S.
You can also enhance and make the most out of your stay by taking one to one French lessons or taking part in sports. This is a very flexible program. You choose the dates and length of stay.
During your stay you will have regular contact with our local Host Family Coordinator who is on call 24/7.
ECI also provide summer language immersion programs in Spain for high school and college students.
Student Testimonial: “ECI is very prepared and easy to work with. They pick good families and offer a nice, friendly, fun, experience. Gap is very pretty and a great place to live. The surroundings are literally awe-inspiring and the town is picturesque. I very much enjoyed my host family’s wish to make me feel as if I was another family member.” - Sam
Founded in 1952, CMEF is a non profit making organisation in Cap d´Ail on the Cote d´Azur near Monte Carlo which complements the official French Education system. Its idyllic setting, a beautiful wooded and floral park nestling on the hillside overlooking the Mediterranean create a unique atmosphere.
Since the creation of the CMEF, almost 230 000 students from all over the world have attended its language courses. Its cultural commitment and pedagogical experience attracts approximately 4,000 youths and 200 teachers each year.
Riviera French Institute organises French language camps for young learners and teenagers on the Côte d’Azur in Southern France. Our 1-4 week language immersion courses are combined with a fully inclusive programme of social activities and excursions.
Our Language Camp for teenagers enable young learners to learn French whilst enjoying the delights of the Riviera. Students are accommodated with local host-families. We offer 16 lessons weekly. We also have a Social and Active French Programme that mean young students consolidate their language learning every afternoon and with the host family in the evening.
We have developed our study holidays to help every child & teen improve their French through expert teaching and exciting activities while making new friends from around the world.
Notre Dame International High School (NDIHS) is an international high school, conveniently located 30 minutes north-west of Paris, that provides an American-styled high school curriculum to students from around the world in Grades 9-12.
Our summer French classes take place at the Nacel French Language School, close to the Tolbiac or Place d'Italie metro stations.
While our academic year curriculum is taught in English, we also offer an extensive French language and culture program as well as enrichment courses (music, art, physical education) throughout the year, taught by French teachers.
Our 2-week intensive French summer course in August is recommended for new and returning students, who are not native French language speakers, to prepare to study at NDIHS in September, when the academic year starts.
We teach students from beginner to advanced level. Students attend morning French classes, and discover the main Parisian sights in afternoon activities.
Students improve their French knowledge while settling in Paris and adapting to their new life in France. Accommodation is organized in a residence located in Paris city center.