IB boarding schools in Canada: Private boarding high school on Vancouver Island BC for Canadian & international students. College prep boarding school for boys & girls, co-ed residential education in Victoria BC area
Dwight International School, Vancouver Island: Dwight International School is a private international university preparatory school offering both boarding and day high school programs. We offer Grades 7 through 12 based on the curriculum of the International Baccalaureate Diploma. We also provide ESL support for international students. Located on Vancouver Island, Dwight is a fully-accredited High School and our courses are approved by the BC Ministry of Education. Students who choose Dwight International do so because we offer a holistic education aimed at developing future leaders, entrepreneurs and responsible citizens.
Email:Contact us below
Day & Boarding Programs for Canadian & International High School Students: Our educational philosophy is that an active, challenging curriculum provides students with the opportunity to develop all their intelligences (Analytical, Practical, Creative and Emotional) and these then strengthen each other, leading to well-balanced, perceptive individuals who have the confidence to take action to improve the lives of others. Programs include:
- Holistic education based on the IB curriculum
- Dwight School Exchange Programs
- Visual Arts, Theatre Arts, Music
- Business & Management, Design Technology
- French, Spanish and Mandarin
Pickering College is a co-educational independent day (JK-12) and boarding school (Grades 7-12) located on a beautiful 42 acre campus in Newmarket in southern Ontario, just 25 miles north of downtown Toronto. We provide boarding facilities for Canadian, American and international students. 100% of Pickering graduates go on to post-secondary education.
Pickering College is accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education, and is rooted in more than 169 years of tradition and values based education. With an enrollment of nearly 300 “day” students and almost 100 “boarders” who come from more than 20 countries around the world - Pickering College is intimate in size, yet global in perspective. We offer a 24-hour supervised boarding program that includes supervised study time and a full activity program.
We offer a secure and nurturing environment that helps each student develop the vision, confidence and leadership skills to help make the world a better and more beautiful place. We aim to be a leader in education and to inspire individuals to meet high standards for lifelong growth and learning.
Co-educational Day & Boarding School Programs:
- Day Programs (Junior Kindergarten - 12th Grade)
- Boarding School (Grades 7-12):
- University Preparation program
- Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum
Enhanced Math, Science, Business Studies, History, Languages, ESL (English as a Second Language), Physical Education, Dramatic & Visual Arts....
- High Performing Student program
- Elite Skating program
- Outstanding Leadership, Communication, Technology, Film and Music programs
Located in a quiet parkland area of Mississauga, close to downtown Toronto and Niagara Falls, Bronte College of Canada is a private, co-educational boarding school that is committed to providing a learning environment that emphasizes academic excellence and individual growth. Founded in 1991, Bronte offers courses specially formulated to meet the needs of Canadian and international students in Grades 9-12, and to satisfy the requirements of the Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum guidelines.
In addition, Bronte offers special AP and BUC courses which provide students with the special opportunity of earning university credits before they even leave Bronte. School trips, sports, and clubs also help to provide our students with a well-rounded experience while they are studying in Canada in a quiet parkland area of Mississauga, close to a number of important tourist attractions, such as downtown Toronto and Niagara Falls.
- Grades 9 & 10 Secondary School Diploma Program
- Grade 11 & 12 (Pre-University Programs)
- Advanced Placement (AP) Course Curriculum
- Bronte College University Credit Courses
- ESL English (5 levels)
- Language Study & Tour Summer Program (Summer Camps)
Located just 15 minutes south-west of Downtown Vancouver BC, St. George's School is a world class university preparatory school for boys, with day options for Grades 1-12, and boarding for Grades 8-12.
With 1150 students, 120 of whom are boarders from over 18 countries worldwide, St. George's School has achieved international prominence as one of the top day and boarding institutions in Vancouver.
Our mission is to inspire our students to become fine young men who will shape positive futures for themselves, their families, and the global community.
Since 1930, we have provided our students with a challenging and supportive environment within which to discover and grow their own unique “seeds of destiny.”
• Edu-inter provides homestay programs with a local Quebec French-speaking family for a full language immersion experience for high school students ages 13-17. Please note that this is not a residential school program.
• Our Academic Year in French Program (10 months) and our High School Experience Program (3-6 months) aim to provide students with an in-depth French language immersion experience and the opportunity to attain a high level of fluency.
• Students are completely immersed into a local high school program, live with a French-Canadian family and participate in cultural activities and excursions.
• Quebec City is the only major city in Canada with a 100% French-speaking environment, making it the ideal place to learn French.
NSL Mondial, Public High School Program in Eastern Ontario
Courses / Programs
• Would you consider a public high school education in Ontario (in the Ottawa area) for your child if an international student?
• Our listing is not for a boarding school. Instead, we offer "homestay accommodation with a Canadian host family" for international students (in 9th to 12th grades) who seek admissions to a public high school in Canada.
• NSL Mondial is a leading, reliable source for introducing the best English language immersion experiences in Canada and the USA for international students (children and adults), and the directors of NSL Mondial have over 30 years of experience in language education worldwide.
• We now offer placements into public high schools in Eastern Ontario (primarily Ottawa) for international students (in grades 9 through 12) seeking quality secondary school education in Canada while simultaneously availing of the opportunity to develop their English language skills when immersed in academic credit courses.
• With a metropolitan population of over 1.3 million inhabitants, Ottawa is the capital and fifth largest city in Canada, and enjoys the highest standard of living in the nation as well as low unemployment.
• For the international high school student, Ottawa offers the most educated population among all Canadian cities, and is home to a number of renowned post-secondary colleges, as well as research and cultural institutions, including the National Arts Centre, the National Gallery, and numerous museums.
Located on a stunning 315-acre campus on the shore of Lake Katchewanooka in rural Ontario, Canada, Lakefield College School (LCS) is a co-educational boarding and day school offering grades 9 to 12 to a global community of engaged and active students. Inside and outside the classroom, you will discover that rigorous academics, challenging athletics, and inspiring co-curricular arts are more than just lessons. They are experiences developed by dedicated teachers who believe in education of the whole person.
For a majority of LCS students, the school is their home-away-from-home. Our program runs seven days a week, balancing academics, co-curricular arts and athletics, with recreation and social events. Structure is provided through the academic day, regular evening study hours, Saturday morning classes, and established boarding house routines ; but students have ample opportunity to participate in a variety of activities in a relaxed and fun-filled environment.
At LCS, you will prepare for university, discover your potential, live with friends from around the world and enjoy the best days of your life.
Co-ed Boarding & Day Programs for High School Students - Grades 9-12:
Core subjects include:
- French as a Second Language
- Canadian History
- Canadian Geography
- The Arts
- Physical and Health Education
- Career Studies