International Schools & Independent Boarding Schools in Canada, France, UK, USA: Boarding School in Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, for Girls and Boys, Boarding Schools Québec, École privée secondaire, internat lycée privé au Canada
Located in the heart of Toronto, Ontario, Branksome Hall is a leading independent day and boarding school for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12, with a Residence Program for students in Grades 8-12.. Established in 1903, we are an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, and our curriculum also meets and exceeds the requirements of the Province of Ontario. Graduates receive both the Ontario Secondary School Diploma, and the IB Diploma.
Boarding takes place in a caring environment for girls in Grades 8–12. About 70 students, from more than a dozen countries, live in our Residence Center. Our talented faculty comprises of over 120 talented, committed women and men, many with IB and international teaching experience, and graduate degrees.
Branksome is located on a picturesque 13-acre campus in the heart of Toronto, in the residential neighborhood of Rosedale. The school is within walking distance of the University of Toronto, public transit, libraries, theatres and the vibrant intersection of Yonge and Bloor streets.
- Day Programs: Junior Kindergarten - Grade 12
- Residence Program: Grades 8-12
- Primary Years Program (Junior K-Grade 6)
- Middle Years Program (Grades 7-10)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program (Grades 11-12)
• Edu-inter provides homestay programs with a local Quebec French-speaking family for a full language immersion experience for high school students ages 13-17. Please note that this is not a residential school program.
• Our Academic Year in French Program (10 months) and our High School Experience Program (3-6 months) aim to provide students with an in-depth French language immersion experience and the opportunity to attain a high level of fluency.
• Students are completely immersed into a local high school program, live with a French-Canadian family and participate in cultural activities and excursions.
• Quebec City is the only major city in Canada with a 100% French-speaking environment, making it the ideal place to learn French.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Canada, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located in Outlook, west central Saskatchewan, just 1 hour south of Saskatoon, LBCI High School is a co-educational residential high school offering Grades 10-12 to Canadian and international students. Our vision is to minister to the whole person as we live, learn, play, serve and worship together in a dynamic Christian community. At LBCI all courses are recognized by Saskatchewan Education and transferable to other provinces and used for entrance to all post secondary institutions.
LCBI High School is one of Canada's premiere private Christian schools. LCBI is a boarding school that has delivered quality education and learning experiences for young people for over 100 years.
Pickering College is a co-educational independent day (JK-12) and boarding school (Grades 7-12) located on a beautiful 42 acre campus in Newmarket in southern Ontario, just 25 miles north of downtown Toronto. We provide boarding facilities for Canadian, American and international students. 100% of Pickering graduates go on to post-secondary education.
Pickering College is accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education, and is rooted in more than 169 years of tradition and values based education. With an enrollment of nearly 300 “day” students and almost 100 “boarders” who come from more than 20 countries around the world - Pickering College is intimate in size, yet global in perspective. We offer a 24-hour supervised boarding program that includes supervised study time and a full activity program.
We offer a secure and nurturing environment that helps each student develop the vision, confidence and leadership skills to help make the world a better and more beautiful place. We aim to be a leader in education and to inspire individuals to meet high standards for lifelong growth and learning.
Co-educational Day & Boarding School Programs:
- Day Programs (Junior Kindergarten - 12th Grade)
- Boarding School (Grades 7-12):
- University Preparation program
- Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum
Enhanced Math, Science, Business Studies, History, Languages, ESL (English as a Second Language), Physical Education, Dramatic & Visual Arts....
- High Performing Student program
- Elite Skating program
- Outstanding Leadership, Communication, Technology, Film and Music programs
Trinity College School is a co-educational, independent boarding/day school located on 100 acres of rolling countryside in picturesque Port Hope, Ontario, Canada, one hour’s drive east of Toronto. Our Senior School, Grades 9-12, includes approximately 450 students, approximately 60% of whom are boarders. Our Junior School includes nearly 100 day students from Grade 5 to Grade 8.
Established in 1865, TCS is one of Canada's oldest and most respected educational institutions. The School places a balanced emphasis on academics, service learning, athletics and the arts – as both a long-held TCS tradition and a rethought, reinvigorated approach to 21st century education.
Our mission: Develop habits of the heart and mind for a life of purpose and service. This is our shared purpose and it informs our daily actions both in and out of the classroom.
Our collective vision is for Trinity College School to be internationally regarded for excellence in developing leaders of character, purpose and vision due to the strength of its people, programme and place.
Rothesay Netherwood School (RNS) is a co-educational, independent university-preparatory day and boarding school for Canadian and international students in Grades 6-12. Our campus is located in Rothesay, New Brunswick, just 10 minutes from the Port City of Saint John on the east coast of Canada. As an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, RNS provides arts, athletic, leadership, and community service programs, integrating technology, Outward Bound adventures, and Round Square exchanges.
With highly qualified and dedicated teachers, RNS challenges students to be active, compassionate, and lifelong learners who develop a greater appreciation for the world around them and the determination to make a difference. Our faculty works diligently to help students understand their potential and to prepare them to become leaders in their chosen fields. Our graduates attend the finest universities in the country and beyond.
RNS encourages students to strive for excellence, to demonstrate respect, and to develop both an enduring sense of responsible citizenship and an understanding of their place in the global community.
Located in a quiet parkland area of Mississauga, close to downtown Toronto and Niagara Falls, Bronte College of Canada is a private, co-educational boarding school that is committed to providing a learning environment that emphasizes academic excellence and individual growth. Founded in 1991, Bronte offers courses specially formulated to meet the needs of Canadian and international students in Grades 9-12, and to satisfy the requirements of the Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum guidelines.
In addition, Bronte offers special AP and BUC courses which provide students with the special opportunity of earning university credits before they even leave Bronte. School trips, sports, and clubs also help to provide our students with a well-rounded experience while they are studying in Canada in a quiet parkland area of Mississauga, close to a number of important tourist attractions, such as downtown Toronto and Niagara Falls.
- Grades 9 & 10 Secondary School Diploma Program
- Grade 11 & 12 (Pre-University Programs)
- Advanced Placement (AP) Course Curriculum
- Bronte College University Credit Courses
- ESL English (5 levels)
- Language Study & Tour Summer Program (Summer Camps)
A+ World Academy is a non-profit high school that sails around the world on the Norwegian sail Ship ’Sørlandet'. Students read international curriculum (Advanced Placement courses) on board, meet different cultures around the world and live in a challenging maritime environment that fosters independence, communication, teamwork and leadership.
We pride ourselves on close support of the students through a 7:1 teacher-student ratio, class sizes from 1-18 and support around the clock. We emphasise cultural understanding through encounters with people from around the world, and challenge our students daily to become the best versions of themselves.
Our program is demanding, and not for everyone. Not only are you a student at the school, but you take part in sailing a fully-rigged Tall Ship. You will be given challenging chores, but also have experiences that you will benefit from later in life. As part of a crew that needs to work together for a year, you will learn not only about sailing and seamanship, but also about cooperation, leadership and teamwork.
If you want to learn more about this challenging academic program, We’d love to meet you and talk more about the program.
Newbridge Academy (NBA) is a co-educational independent school committed to providing interactive, engaging and innovative academic and athletic programs to students in Junior Primary (Age 4) through High School. Located in Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Newbridge Academy is leading the way in creatively delivering enhanced curriculum, through passionate, Nova Scotia-licenced teachers. Small class-sizes, a safe learning environment and daily physical activity makes Newbridge Academy an easy choice for families looking to take control of their child's education.
Housed in a state-of-the-art sport and academic facility, NBA uses an innovative approach to deliver grade school curriculum that integrates sports and fitness with the educational programming. We are dedicated to preparing highly motivated students through a comprehensive, customized educational program, which emphasizes both academics and athletics.
Under the guidance of an exemplary faculty of educators, we provide students with opportunities to achieve their full potential through programs that engage, stimulate and nurture. Under the guidance of all our staff, students have the opportunity to achieve their full potential through programming that engages, challenges and nurtures the ‘whole’ child.