International Schools & Independent Boarding Schools in Canada, France, UK, USA: Boarding School in Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, for Girls and Boys, Boarding Schools Québec, École privée secondaire, internat lycée privé au Canada
1.NSL Mondial, International Boarding School Program in Ontario
Courses / Programs
• NSL Mondial is a leading facilitator of admissions to private and public high schools in Ottawa, Ontario for international students from around the world as well for locally-based students.
• Our partner private boarding school in Ottawa (a college preparatory school) offers Grades 9, 10, 11 and Grade 12 courses needed to complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
• This really is a true international school - with students from around the world & from within our own local community!
• #1 Ranked high school education system in the world.
• 100% university placement rate to date.
• 60 Student Capacity, with average class size of 10 students.
• Teacher-to-student ratio of 1:8.
• Excellent, safe boarding facilities.
• ESL support classes (for non-native English speakers).
• NSL Mondial is also a highly experienced facilitator of admissions for international students to English language schools and summer camps in Ottawa, Ontario, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal Quebec (French also) as well as across the USA.
• For the international high school student, Ottawa, the capital and fifth largest city in Canada, offers the most educated population among all Canadian cities, and is home to a number of renowned post-secondary colleges, as well as research & cultural institutions, and numerous museums.
• Ease of access: Ottawa is just 4 hours by train from Toronto, and a 1 hour flight. It is served by Ottawa/Macdonald-Cartier International Airport which is Ontario's second-busiest airport.
International Boarding School programs in Ottawa, Ontario:
Welcoming international students from around the world.
• Secondary School Diploma - Grades 9-12
• Academic Grades 10, 11 & 12 credits go towards the Ontario (Ontario Secondary School Diploma)
• University Qualification Year
• 4-week High School Credit Summer Program
English Language Courses for international boarding students:
• ESL Foundation Year Program
• 3 hours of IELTS exam preparation training per week
• ESL Camps throughout the year
Located in the heart of Toronto, Ontario, Branksome Hall is a leading independent day and boarding school for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12, with a Residence Program for students in Grades 8-12.. Established in 1903, we are an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, and our curriculum also meets and exceeds the requirements of the Province of Ontario. Graduates receive both the Ontario Secondary School Diploma, and the IB Diploma.
Boarding takes place in a caring environment for girls in Grades 8–12. About 70 students, from more than a dozen countries, live in our Residence Center. Our talented faculty comprises of over 120 talented, committed women and men, many with IB and international teaching experience, and graduate degrees.
Branksome is located on a picturesque 13-acre campus in the heart of Toronto, in the residential neighborhood of Rosedale. The school is within walking distance of the University of Toronto, public transit, libraries, theatres and the vibrant intersection of Yonge and Bloor streets.
- Day Programs: Junior Kindergarten - Grade 12
- Residence Program: Grades 8-12
- Primary Years Program (Junior K-Grade 6)
- Middle Years Program (Grades 7-10)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program (Grades 11-12)
Newbridge Academy (NBA) is a co-educational independent school committed to providing interactive, engaging and innovative academic and athletic programs to students in Junior Primary (Age 4) through High School. Located in Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Newbridge Academy is leading the way in creatively delivering enhanced curriculum, through passionate, Nova Scotia-licenced teachers. Small class-sizes, a safe learning environment and daily physical activity makes Newbridge Academy an easy choice for families looking to take control of their child's education.
Housed in a state-of-the-art sport and academic facility, NBA uses an innovative approach to deliver grade school curriculum that integrates sports and fitness with the educational programming. We are dedicated to preparing highly motivated students through a comprehensive, customized educational program, which emphasizes both academics and athletics.
Under the guidance of an exemplary faculty of educators, we provide students with opportunities to achieve their full potential through programs that engage, stimulate and nurture. Under the guidance of all our staff, students have the opportunity to achieve their full potential through programming that engages, challenges and nurtures the ‘whole’ child.
4.NSL Mondial, Public High School Program in Eastern Ontario
Courses / Programs
• Would you consider a public high school education in Ontario (in the Ottawa area) for your child if an international student?
• Our listing is not for a boarding school. Instead, we offer "homestay accommodation with a Canadian host family" for international students (in 9th to 12th grades) who seek admissions to a public high school in Canada.
• NSL Mondial is a leading, reliable source for introducing the best English language immersion experiences in Canada and the USA for international students (children and adults), and the directors of NSL Mondial have over 30 years of experience in language education worldwide.
• We now offer placements into public high schools in Eastern Ontario (primarily Ottawa) for international students (in grades 9 through 12) seeking quality secondary school education in Canada while simultaneously availing of the opportunity to develop their English language skills when immersed in academic credit courses.
• With a metropolitan population of over 1.3 million inhabitants, Ottawa is the capital and fifth largest city in Canada, and enjoys the highest standard of living in the nation as well as low unemployment.
• For the international high school student, Ottawa offers the most educated population among all Canadian cities, and is home to a number of renowned post-secondary colleges, as well as research and cultural institutions, including the National Arts Centre, the National Gallery, and numerous museums.
Trinity College School is a co-educational, independent boarding/day school located on 100 acres of rolling countryside in picturesque Port Hope, Ontario, Canada, one hour’s drive east of Toronto. Our Senior School, Grades 9-12, includes approximately 450 students, approximately 60% of whom are boarders. Our Junior School includes nearly 100 day students from Grade 5 to Grade 8.
Established in 1865, TCS is one of Canada's oldest and most respected educational institutions. The School places a balanced emphasis on academics, service learning, athletics and the arts – as both a long-held TCS tradition and a rethought, reinvigorated approach to 21st century education.
Our mission: Develop habits of the heart and mind for a life of purpose and service. This is our shared purpose and it informs our daily actions both in and out of the classroom.
Our collective vision is for Trinity College School to be internationally regarded for excellence in developing leaders of character, purpose and vision due to the strength of its people, programme and place.
Located in Outlook, west central Saskatchewan, just 1 hour south of Saskatoon, LBCI High School is a co-educational residential high school offering Grades 10-12 to Canadian and international students. Our vision is to minister to the whole person as we live, learn, play, serve and worship together in a dynamic Christian community. At LBCI all courses are recognized by Saskatchewan Education and transferable to other provinces and used for entrance to all post secondary institutions.
LCBI High School is one of Canada's premiere private Christian schools. LCBI is a boarding school that has delivered quality education and learning experiences for young people for over 100 years.
Located in a quiet parkland area of Mississauga, close to downtown Toronto and Niagara Falls, Bronte College of Canada is a private, co-educational boarding school that is committed to providing a learning environment that emphasizes academic excellence and individual growth. Founded in 1991, Bronte offers courses specially formulated to meet the needs of Canadian and international students in Grades 9-12, and to satisfy the requirements of the Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum guidelines.
In addition, Bronte offers special AP and BUC courses which provide students with the special opportunity of earning university credits before they even leave Bronte. School trips, sports, and clubs also help to provide our students with a well-rounded experience while they are studying in Canada in a quiet parkland area of Mississauga, close to a number of important tourist attractions, such as downtown Toronto and Niagara Falls.
- Grades 9 & 10 Secondary School Diploma Program
- Grade 11 & 12 (Pre-University Programs)
- Advanced Placement (AP) Course Curriculum
- Bronte College University Credit Courses
- ESL English (5 levels)
- Language Study & Tour Summer Program (Summer Camps)
• Erindale Academy is a high quality private school that provides an ideal environment for international students in Grades 9-12 who desire to make a smooth transition from education in their home country to a university or college in North America.
• Located next to the University of Toronto, Mississauga campus, we are unique in Canada as the only university preparatory school located minutes from a university campus.
• We offer full-year and semester abroad programs from Grade 9 to Grade 12 that satisfy the requirements of the Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum guidelines. We also offer an Advanced Placement (AP) program.
• On campus boarding facilities and homestay accommodation options are available to students.
• The Advanced Placement Program (AP) is a high school pre-university program that is authorised by the American University Council for secondary school in the USA and Canada. Successful completion of AP courses allow students to earn university credits that may be applied to their university program.
• TEA delivers a modern, personalized, student focused Canadian High School curriculum, reinforced with English learner language courses for academic study in Honors Mathematics, Science and Technology.
Located on a 27 acre park like setting in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. IB World School - Académie Ste Cécile International School is affiliated with the International Baccalaureate Organization and prepares students for the world recognized International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB Diploma). Founded and based on principles of the Roman Catholic Church, we are committed to the ecumenical movement with great sensitivity to inter-faith dialogue by respecting the religious and cultural diversity of students and faculty. Associated with the University of Windsor with access to library resources, laboratories and computer services. Selected professors from the university teach and advise at ASCIS.
Elementary and Secondary School for Day and Resident Students offering: Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD Programme), International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme, ESL, FSL, SAT & TOEFL Courses, Summer ESL CoursesSpecial Offers:
School size of 275 students with 75 boarding / residential students.
Dwight International School is located on Vancouver Island BC, on a 23-acre campus 30 minutes north of Victoria. We are a private international university preparatory school offering both boarding and day programs for high school students, based on the International Baccalaureate curriculum. We provide Grades 7-12, and dedicated ESL support courses.
Together with our consortium partners, The Dwight School/Anglo American International School, New York City and North London International School, United Kingdom, Dwight has a rich tradition of academic excellence. We believe that every student has a spark of genius and our goal is to nurture that potential.
We follow a holistic philosophy and believe in educating the entire person. The benefit of the Dwight curriculum is the way that we actively combine challenging experiences with academic rigor and creative opportunity in the personal education of every student.
Our educational philosophy is that an active, challenging curriculum provides students with the opportunity to develop all their intelligences (Analytical, Practical, Creative and Emotional) and these then strengthen each other, leading to well-balanced, perceptive individuals who have the confidence to take action to improve the lives of others.
Day & Boarding Programs for Canadian & International High School Students:
- Holistic education based on the IB curriculum
- Class sizes of 10-12 students
- Emphasis on leadership
- Dwight School Exchange Programs
- Visual Arts, Theatre Arts, Music
- Business & Management, Design Technology
- French, Spanish and Mandarin
- Fencing and golf
- Water-front activity center