International Schools & Independent Boarding Schools in Canada, France, UK, USA: Boarding School in Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, for Girls and Boys, Boarding Schools Québec, École privée secondaire, internat lycée privé au Canada
Located in the heart of Toronto, Ontario, Branksome Hall is a leading independent day and boarding school for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12, with a Residence Program for students in Grades 8-12.. Established in 1903, we are an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, and our curriculum also meets and exceeds the requirements of the Province of Ontario. Graduates receive both the Ontario Secondary School Diploma, and the IB Diploma.
Boarding takes place in a caring environment for girls in Grades 8–12. About 70 students, from more than a dozen countries, live in our Residence Center. Our talented faculty comprises of over 120 talented, committed women and men, many with IB and international teaching experience, and graduate degrees.
Branksome is located on a picturesque 13-acre campus in the heart of Toronto, in the residential neighborhood of Rosedale. The school is within walking distance of the University of Toronto, public transit, libraries, theatres and the vibrant intersection of Yonge and Bloor streets.
- Day Programs: Junior Kindergarten - Grade 12
- Residence Program: Grades 8-12
- Primary Years Program (Junior K-Grade 6)
- Middle Years Program (Grades 7-10)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program (Grades 11-12)
• Edu-inter provides homestay programs with a local Quebec French-speaking family for a full language immersion experience for high school students ages 13-17. Please note that this is not a residential school program.
• Our Academic Year in French Program (10 months) and our High School Experience Program (3-6 months) aim to provide students with an in-depth French language immersion experience and the opportunity to attain a high level of fluency.
• Students are completely immersed into a local high school program, live with a French-Canadian family and participate in cultural activities and excursions.
• Quebec City is the only major city in Canada with a 100% French-speaking environment, making it the ideal place to learn French.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Canada, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located in North Vancouver, BC, Bodwell High School is a private co-educational day and boarding school offering grades 8 to 12, and university preparation to Canadian and international students. With our trimester system, students' learning is accelerated. Students can finish one academic grade in two semesters (8 months), and advance to the next grade in the following semester.
For Canadian students, there is the option of using the summer semester to travel overseas and learn other languages while gaining invaluable cultural experience. For international students returning to their home countries, credits obtained at Bodwell are transferable for equivalence. Bodwell High School is inspected and certified by the British Columbia Ministry of Education.
Co-educational Day & Boarding Programs for Grades 8 through 12:
- University Placement
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
- Student Dormitory Living
- Homestay Program with a Canadian family
- Extra-curricular activities
Core curriculum subjects:
- English, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, Art, Music, Business Education, Physical Education, French...
Located in Hamilton, southern Ontario, Columbia International College is the largest private junior and senior boarding high school in Canada. Established in 1979, Columbia currently welcomes 1700 students from 72 countries and has a faculty of 300 teachers and support staff.
The diversity of Columbia’s staff and student-body enhances the learning environment and encourages creative thinking. Columbia believes in the individuality of each student and tailors its resources to effectively meet the unique Academic, Social, Emotional and Physical (ASEP) needs of our students.
As a result, 100% of our students, since 1995, have received admission to top universities worldwide; many with scholarships.
- Junior Middle School Program (Grades 7-8)
- High School Program (Grades 9-12)
- University Transfer (AP) Program
- Pre-University Program
- IELTS/TOEFL Preparation Program
- SAT Preparation Program
- Summer Camp Program
Located in Outlook, west central Saskatchewan, just 1 hour south of Saskatoon, LBCI High School is a co-educational residential high school offering Grades 10-12 to Canadian and international students. Our vision is to minister to the whole person as we live, learn, play, serve and worship together in a dynamic Christian community. At LBCI all courses are recognized by Saskatchewan Education and transferable to other provinces and used for entrance to all post secondary institutions.
LCBI High School is one of Canada's premiere private Christian schools. LCBI is a boarding school that has delivered quality education and learning experiences for young people for over 100 years.
Newbridge Academy (NBA) is a co-educational independent school committed to providing interactive, engaging and innovative academic and athletic programs to students in Junior Primary (Age 4) through High School. Located in Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Newbridge Academy is leading the way in creatively delivering enhanced curriculum, through passionate, Nova Scotia-licenced teachers. Small class-sizes, a safe learning environment and daily physical activity makes Newbridge Academy an easy choice for families looking to take control of their child's education.
Housed in a state-of-the-art sport and academic facility, NBA uses an innovative approach to deliver grade school curriculum that integrates sports and fitness with the educational programming. We are dedicated to preparing highly motivated students through a comprehensive, customized educational program, which emphasizes both academics and athletics.
Under the guidance of an exemplary faculty of educators, we provide students with opportunities to achieve their full potential through programs that engage, stimulate and nurture. Under the guidance of all our staff, students have the opportunity to achieve their full potential through programming that engages, challenges and nurtures the ‘whole’ child.
Located just 15 minutes south-west of Downtown Vancouver BC, St. George's School is a world class university preparatory school for boys, with day options for Grades 1-12, and boarding for Grades 8-12.
With 1150 students, 120 of whom are boarders from over 18 countries worldwide, St. George's School has achieved international prominence as one of the top day and boarding institutions in Vancouver.
Our mission is to inspire our students to become fine young men who will shape positive futures for themselves, their families, and the global community.
Since 1930, we have provided our students with a challenging and supportive environment within which to discover and grow their own unique “seeds of destiny.”
Trinity College School is a co-educational, independent boarding/day school located on 100 acres of rolling countryside in picturesque Port Hope, Ontario, Canada, one hour’s drive east of Toronto. Our Senior School, Grades 9-12, includes approximately 450 students, approximately 60% of whom are boarders. Our Junior School includes nearly 100 day students from Grade 5 to Grade 8.
Established in 1865, TCS is one of Canada's oldest and most respected educational institutions. The School places a balanced emphasis on academics, service learning, athletics and the arts – as both a long-held TCS tradition and a rethought, reinvigorated approach to 21st century education.
Our mission: Develop habits of the heart and mind for a life of purpose and service. This is our shared purpose and it informs our daily actions both in and out of the classroom.
Our collective vision is for Trinity College School to be internationally regarded for excellence in developing leaders of character, purpose and vision due to the strength of its people, programme and place.
• Erindale Academy is a high quality private school that provides an ideal environment for international students in Grades 9-12 who desire to make a smooth transition from education in their home country to a university or college in North America.
• Located next to the University of Toronto, Mississauga campus, we are unique in Canada as the only university preparatory school located minutes from a university campus.
• We offer full-year and semester abroad programs from Grade 9 to Grade 12 that satisfy the requirements of the Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum guidelines. We also offer an Advanced Placement (AP) program.
• On campus boarding facilities and homestay accommodation options are available to students.
• The Advanced Placement Program (AP) is a high school pre-university program that is authorised by the American University Council for secondary school in the USA and Canada. Successful completion of AP courses allow students to earn university credits that may be applied to their university program.
• TEA delivers a modern, personalized, student focused Canadian High School curriculum, reinforced with English learner language courses for academic study in Honors Mathematics, Science and Technology.
Some of the program inquiries submitted here up to
2018-05-25 were from viewers in:
Hong Kong, Hong Kong;
Moving to Stony Rapids Saskatchewan;
road town, tortola, UK & England;
St James, Jamaica;
St catherine, Jamaica;
You are here: School & College Search> Boarding Schools for Girls & Boys> Canada, Toronto, Ontario Private Schools, Vancouver BC, Montreal, Quebec, Alberta..