Preschools in Cathedral City, CA: Child care center in Palm Springs, daycare service for toddlers & preschoolers in Coachella Valley area. Early childhood education programs for young children in La Quinta, Riverside County, CA.
First School of the Desert: First School of the Desert provides a successful and well established approach to preschool education. First School offers preschool / childcare programs at three Southern California city locations. Our campuses are conveniently located throughout the Coachella Valley in Cathedral City, Palm Springs and La Quinta in Riverside County. At First School, your child will experience an intimate learning atmosphere unparalleled by any other desert preschool program. First School provides a perfect balance of academic and social instruction.
Discovery Montessori Preschool in Sacramento, CA, is a private Preschool offering programs to children ages two 1/2 through to five years. Our small size and home-like facility (maximum 24 students at one time) encourages community. Our teachers offer warm and loving attention, providing the intimate feel of extended family. We offer a teacher-child ratio that exceeds state standards. Our program and philosophy build continuity between school activities and home life.
Children ages two 1/2 through to five years may enroll. Each child's readiness best determines his or her eligibility for Discovery Montessori Preschool. Children needing toilet training and children with special needs are considered.
We employ people who are warm, nurturing, understanding, and educated in child development. They each apply their knowledge in the classroom and respect the child as an individual. We seek employees who value working as a team with the children, parents, colleagues, and volunteers. The school is operated by an Early Childhood credentialed Teacher / Administrator.
Some of our activities include:
- Circle and Share time
- Songs and Poems
- Story Time and Imagination
- On-Site "Field Trips"
- Special Guests
- Art and Craft Projects
- Water Play and Painting
- A Wide Variety of Seasonal Projects
- Outside Play and Gardening
Education is provided through a wide variety of playtime and educational activities. Our curriculum is specially designed to stimulate and entertain children.
Located in Pacific Palisades in Los Angeles, Calvary Christian School (CCS) is a private Christian School offering Pre-School, Elementary & Middle School Programs to children from ages 2 years old and up. Calvary Christian School is connected with Calvary Chapel of Pacific Palisades and is fully accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Calvary Christian School provides an exemplary high school preparatory education for preschool through to eighth grade students in a Christian day school environment. Calvary attracts families who seek an educational experience for their children that balances rigorous academic preparation with activities, athletics and an emphasis on Christian moral and ethical development.
Calvary Christian School draws students from several cities on the Westside of Los Angeles, California, including Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Malibu, Brentwood, Marina Del Rey and West Los Angeles.
The Lycée is a PK to 12th grade college preparatory school in the San Francisco Bay Area which is based on the French national curriculum augmented by courses in American History, English Literature and Visual Arts. It provides a challenging educational environment, emphasizing academic achievement leading to the French Baccalaureate.
Designed to provide our students with a structured, well-assimilated body of general knowledge while encouraging the development of analytical and critical thinking skills, the curriculum fosters autonomy, initiative, self-respect and the respect of others, cooperation and responsibility. In addition, by becoming bilingual, our students become aware of and respect cultural differences. They are consequently able to make informed choices about their future and are prepared for success in tomorrow's world.
There are currently more than 900 students on three campuses, the Corte Madera campus, located in Marin County (PK to 5th grades), and two campuses in San Francisco, the Ashbury campus for Primary students (PK to 5th grades) and the Ortega campus for Middle and High school.
At The Young Actor's Studio in Los Angeles, we offer acting lessons for children, teenagers and young adults. We offer a full conservatory day or a choice of classes for young actors in 3 age groups: 4-6, 7-12, 13 and up. Classes include comedy improvisation, acting for the camera, acting technique, theater production and scene study and originally commissioned plays. We also offer summer camps. Our faculty includes Jeff Alan Lee, a 20 year child acting teacher of such young actors as Scarlett Johansson and Shia LaBeouf.
The classes at our studio are centered around praising each student for who they are and teaching them to use their own behavior, personality, and charm in their roles. They learn to create a unique, original character that is truly their own. In our acting classes, we teach the student to trust themselves to live naturally and effortlessly on camera, or on stage. Through the Stanislavski system, the child, teen or young adult gains a strong confidence that can be applied to all areas of life. The young actor develops a love for the work, and with this, the ability to survive and work as an actor, if that becomes his or her choice.
Founded in 1975, Cornerstone Academy is a private, nonprofit school in the Portola District of San Francisco and primarily serves families from San Francisco and the Peninsula. The grade span is preschool through high school.
Cornerstone Academy is founded on Christian values, supports the home and churches of students in providing an education that is grounded in the Christian values of the Bible as reflected in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Elementary, middle & high school programs with continued Chinese language instruction from grades 1 - 12. Our academic program consists of core subjects in English, Mandarin, math, science, social science, religious studies, physical education, fine arts, and electives. For High School, honors and Advanced Placement courses are offered in a variety of classes.
- ESL program for middle & high school students
- Full boarding program for international high school students
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).