High School Study Abroad in Europe: Summer 2020 study abroad programs in Italy, summer courses in Rome for Americans, Italian cooking, art, photography, music appreciation, pre-college program in English for upper school / secondary school students
Summer Programs at St. Stephen's School - Rome: St. Stephen's School is an independent high school located in Rome, Italy. Dedicated to academic excellence and the development of the individual, the school's rich tradition of providing superior education in a small setting has earned it a prestigious position in the international academic community since 1964. Each summer we offer English-speaking summer enrichment programs which are open to high school students from around the world. The programs offer a focus on the arts, classics and the humanities, and are built around the “extra-mural” approach to learning, in which the magnificent city of Rome itself is the classroom.
St. Stephen's School is located in an idyllic neighborhood on the Aventine Hill, in the city of Rome.
U.E.C.A. United European Culture Association, Tuscany
Courses / Programs
Our music summer course Chianti in Musica has been taken place since 2006 in San Donato in Poggio, a wonderful medieval town between Florence and Siena. The masterclass lasts a week, this year (XIV edition) will be July 20th - 28th.
Each year the event comprises instrumental lessons and musical ensemble, musical aperitifs, concerts and recitals.
The instrument courses are aimed at both high school students and middle school students. Some junior children have also participated in the past, accompanied by their parents to San Donato.
The instrument lessons are individual, and therefore modulated on the level of the student. In general, all students are invited to listen to their classmates' lessons as well.
Amateur musicians are welcome and can participate in the activities of the string orchestra. In this case, however, a short video is required (also home-made) to know their instrumental level.
Currently, Travel Sport Camp and its affiliate EduKick, host schools and camps in 11 different countries on four continents and continues to grow on a global scale. Travel Sport Camp offers summer sports camps for boys and girls from 11 years old in Perugia, the capital city of the region of Umbria in central Italy.
In our summer camps, all sport training sessions, classes and social activities are conducted in the native language to maximize the educational value of the experience. Daily professional sports training and daytime language and/or chosen curriculum taught by highly qualified teachers make up the core of the TSC program. A carefully chosen selection of evening cultural activities, supervised social events and weekend trips to popular tourist attractions and historical destinations rounds out the experience.
• Reach Cambridge is a well-established residential school based in the prestigious university city of Cambridge, 50 miles north-east of London in the East Anglia region in the east of England.
• We provide residential spring and summer courses for high school / secondary school students ages 14-18 from the UK and around the globe. Students learn in the historic colleges of Cambridge University, and meet students from all over the world.
• Students stay in one of Cambridge University’s colleges or in our central Cambridge headquarters, ‘Reach Hall’.
• Our challenging and vibrant spring and summer courses have multiple start dates for greater flexibility.
• All Reach Cambridge courses are designed to provide unique introductions to favourite academic subjects at University level.
• Taught by experts in the field through interactive lessons & workshops, they make the most of what Cambridge University has to offer.
• We combine excellent academic courses with a university preparation program, including evening lectures, workshops on life skills & mentoring from our excellent team of supervisors.
• Courses also include excursions to places of cultural interest around the UK, in the past these have included London, Oxford, Warwick, Brighton & Stratford-upon-Avon.
Review: "The Reach Cambridge program provides a unique learning experience with small classes, great excursions and a taste of University life. It is one of the greatest summer programmes available." - Reach Cambridge Student
2 or 4 week Summer Camps in July / August - For students ages 14-18
• SAT Preparation
• English Literature
• Computer Science
• Journalism & Media
• Physics & Astronomy
• Physics & Engineering
• Life Sciences & Medicine
• Drama & Performing Arts
• Politics & International Relations
• English Literature & Creative Writing
• Economics & Business Management
Online Pre-University Courses (more to follow shortly)
Situated in the pedestrian area of Turin's historic city centre, L'Italiano Porticando is a family run Italian language school that provides Italian language and culture classes for foreigners - including a summer camp program for kids and teens ages 11-15.
Our Italian lessons are held by highly experienced and qualified mother-tongue teachers using the communicative method. The teachers' aim is to motivate the students to participate actively in their lessons and extra-curricular activities.
Activities like cooking workshops, sight-seeing tours and visits to museums are organized together with people born and grown up in Turin and with real professionals of the region.
In this way, language learning becomes a real cultural experience for those who want to learn Italian in Turin.
Are you searching for a quality summer music camp abroad for your teenager? Musica Vesuviana (MV) offers an international summer music program in Italy for Italian and American student instrumentalists and vocalists of high school age. This 2-week camp takes place at the Fondazione Passarelli in Salerno, south-western Italy. Salerno is situated less than 30 miles south of Naples and 145 miles south of Rome.
On arrival each student is assessed to determine their level of proficiency. Their music lessons are then customized to meet their individual needs and goals. Daily assessment will measure progress and determine areas of weakness / strength. In addition to private instruction, students will be placed in appropriate ensembles commensurate with their abilities.
All students will be involved in performances at the institute as well as in the surrounding communities, where they will be able to share their music as well immerse themselves in the rich and varied artistic culture that Italy has to offer.
Curriculum includes an eclectic mix of American and Italian music and musical styles, taught by American and native master teachers:
- Classes in Ensemble, Music Appreciation, History of Music, Harmony
- American Music: Classical, Jazz, Gospel, Pop, Rock, Broadway Musicals
- Guitar Ensemble, Rhythm and Bass
- Learning and playing Italian music
- Musical/cultural exchanges with Italian students
- History of Italian music
- Italian Language Lessons
- Customized/individual instructions...
Join us in Italy this summer for a once-in-a-lifetime study abroad adventure! Founded by Stanford alumni in 2000, Abbey Road Programs provide quality academic summer courses that facilitate cross-cultural understanding, personal growth and academic enrichment. This year, we are offering a 4-week Residential Cultural Immersion Program in Florence & Rome for high school students in grades 9-12.
Our Italian cultural immersion program course a three and a half week residential living experience in Florence with a four day travel excursion to Rome for a truly unforgettable summer abroad. It is impossible not to get caught up in the beauty of Florence and Tuscany. For this reason (and so many more) this incredible city serves as the starting point and foundation of our Italian residential immersion summer program.