Summer camps in Italy: Summer Italian programs in Florence & Rome for high school students, academic summer courses for teenagers. Summer abroad in Europe, teen travel, cultural immersion programs for Americans, international students..
Abbey Road Programs: Abbey Road Programs is a world leader in international cultural immersion summer camp programs. We provide two programs which take in Florence, the Renaissance capital of Italy. Our Residential Italian Cultural Immersion Program offers 4 weeks of Italian Cultural Studies (3.5 weeks in Florence, 4 days in Rome). We also provide a History of Western Civilization summer program that combines travel, adventure, history and cultural immersion as students spend 6 nights each in Florence, Rome, Athens, and Paris.
Florence is a living museum holding the world’s greatest treasures from the Renaissance era. Its stunning Duomo, rolling hills and winding allies have inspired students of all ages and disciplines for centuries- now it is your turn to join in the tradition! Every day in Florence is a new opportunity for you to experience la dolce vita firsthand. From eating the meal of a lifetime in Piazza Santa Croce to listening to live music on the Ponte Vecchio, the city’s elegant, palace-lined streets make for the ultimate Italian cultural experience.
The Canadian School of Milan is an international private school that offers an English language-based education that centers around the Ontario Curriculum. We cater for children ages 1-14 (Preschool, Primary School & Middle School).
Children go into lessons at 8.50am, and the academic day finishes at 3.45pm when children can go home, join school clubs, or study in the homework room.
We set clear expectations for learning, and approach instruction with the understanding that each child's development is unique and individual.
Our curriculum aims to provide children with real and meaningful opportunities to use their skills both as a member of a community and as independent learners.
Our staff are carefully selected for their talents, skills and love for teaching and learning. Almost all have advanced degrees in their field.
Located in the heart of Rome, Lazio, in central-western Italy, Rome International School is a private international school providing an international education for children in nursery to grade 13. RIS has chosen to link with what we believe is the most prestigious of all educational systems, the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). With this is mind we offer the early, primary, middle years and International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. Students may still follow the two year British National Curriculum GCSE course before taking the IB Diploma program.
Although we firmly consider ourselves an international school, we never forget the language and culture of our host country and appreciate that many of our families still require the guarantee of an excellent preparation for the Italian state exam at the end of Grade 9 (Terza media). For this reason, students receive ample time for Italian lessons in language. Non-Italian students will study and learn to appreciate the Italian language and culture through a parallel course of instruction with our IAL teacher. Students taking a third foreign language may have the opportunity to sit external exams in the secondary school.
- Programs for children in nursery (16 months) to grade 13
- Early Years Program
- Primary Years Program
- Middle Years Program
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- British National Curriculum GCSE
- Challenging Curriculum with the arts, humanities, English and second language, math, P.E, sciences and technology
- The main language of instruction is English
- Italian Program offered for Italian Terza media exams
- Italian offered as an additional language for non-native speakers
• Reach Cambridge offers UK & international high school students the opportunity to gain an invaluable academic experience through a spring or summer course in one of the top educational facilities in the world.
• We provide unique and academically-rigorous residential programmes for students ages 14-18.
• Located just 50 miles north of London, students stay in one of Cambridge University’s colleges or in our central Cambridge headquarters, ‘Reach Hall’.
• Our challenging and vibrant courses are designed to provide unique introductions to your favourite academic subjects at University level.
• As well as an unrivaled academic environment, students experience British culture in the stimulating and distinguished surroundings of the University City of Cambridge in the south-east of England.
• Reach Cambridge combines classes, lectures and workshops – often led by Cambridge academics – with a varied program of exciting activities and excursions across Britain.
• Each course is specially designed to complement high school studies, whilst also offering a glimpse of University-style learning.
• Our fun, summer programs help to prepare students for university, and students are encouraged to fully immerse themselves in college life.
• Our programs are tailored to the individual’s study needs and enriched by an extra-curricular program.
• How better for your child to enrich and expand their school curriculum while gaining an insight into life at one of the world's top universities?
2 & 4-week Summer Camps 2019 in July & August
• Computer Science & Maths
• Economics & Business Management
• English Literature
• English Lit. & Performing Arts
• Journalism & Media
• Life Sciences & Medicine
• Physics & Engineering
• Politics & International Relations
• SAT Preparation
Are you searching for a quality summer music camp abroad for your teenager? Musica Vesuviana (MV) offers an international summer music program in Italy for Italian and American student instrumentalists and vocalists of high school age. This 2-week camp takes place at the Fondazione Passarelli in Salerno, south-western Italy. Salerno is situated less than 30 miles south of Naples and 145 miles south of Rome.
On arrival each student is assessed to determine their level of proficiency. Their music lessons are then customized to meet their individual needs and goals. Daily assessment will measure progress and determine areas of weakness / strength. In addition to private instruction, students will be placed in appropriate ensembles commensurate with their abilities.
All students will be involved in performances at the institute as well as in the surrounding communities, where they will be able to share their music as well immerse themselves in the rich and varied artistic culture that Italy has to offer.
Curriculum includes an eclectic mix of American and Italian music and musical styles, taught by American and native master teachers:
- Classes in Ensemble, Music Appreciation, History of Music, Harmony
- American Music: Classical, Jazz, Gospel, Pop, Rock, Broadway Musicals
- Guitar Ensemble, Rhythm and Bass
- Learning and playing Italian music
- Musical/cultural exchanges with Italian students
- History of Italian music
- Italian Language Lessons
- Customized/individual instructions...
Situated in the pedestrian area of Turin's historic city centre, L'Italiano Porticando is a family run Italian language school that provides Italian language and culture classes for foreigners - including a summer camp program for kids and teens ages 11-15.
Our Italian lessons are held by highly experienced and qualified mother-tongue teachers using the communicative method. The teachers' aim is to motivate the students to participate actively in their lessons and extra-curricular activities.
Activities like cooking workshops, sight-seeing tours and visits to museums are organized together with people born and grown up in Turin and with real professionals of the region.
In this way, language learning becomes a real cultural experience for those who want to learn Italian in Turin.
Situated in Frascati, just 20 minutes east of Rome, Little Genius is an alternative international pre-school, nursery and primary school which aims to provide high quality education to children ages 2 ½ to 11 years.
Our programs provide children with an education that emphasizes and encourages critical analysis, creative thinking, opportunity and freedom of thought, whilst instilling or furthering English language skills in children of all abilities.
At Little Genius International we recognize the fact that the nature of our role makes the quality of our staff essential to our success in caring for your child.
For this reason we take care to choose our team from amongst the most educated and prepared personnel who are qualified from a range of education related sciences.
International Nursery and Primary School - ages 2-11 years:
- Curriculum and Exams: British, Italian and ICE methodology
- Summer school
- Afternoon courses
- Saturday school
- English courses for children/adults
- Individual courses in English and Italian for foreigners
- Business English and e-commerce.