Summer camps in Italy: High school summer programs in Florence & Rome, Italian language courses for teenagers. Summer abroad in Europe, cultural immersion programs for Americans, international students..
Abbey Road Programs, Florence & Rome: Join us in Italy this summer for a once-in-a-lifetime study abroad adventure! Founded by Stanford alumni in 2000, Abbey Road Programs provide quality academic summer courses that facilitate cross-cultural understanding, personal growth and academic enrichment. This year, we are offering a 4-week Residential Cultural Immersion Program in Florence & Rome for high school students in grades 9-12.
Residential Italian Cultural Immersion Program for Students in Grades 9-12: - 4 weeks Italian Cultural Studies in Florence (3.5 weeks) and Rome (4 days) Our comprehensive and intensive Italian cultural immersion program course a three and a half week residential living experience in Florence with a four day travel excursion to Rome for a truly unforgettable summer abroad.
Course Majors include: - Italian Language - Drawing - Oil Painting - Fashion Design - Art History & Architecture - Digital Photography
Electives include: - Italian Conversation - Italian Cinema - Tuscan Cuisine - Digital Photography - Drawing - Oil Painting - Fashion Design - Art History & Architecture - OSA Soccer Academy
Italian Cultural Studies in Studio Art, Art History, Language, Cuisine, Fashion and Photography Four weeks in Europe passes by very quickly, especially during the summer. With that in mind the daily schedule in Florence and in Rome is designed to take every opportunity to educate and inspire.
Every student on the program chooses two classes as their academic focus in Florence: a major and an elective. Major classes meet every morning while electives meet on a tri-weekly basis during the afternoons. This frees up two afternoons per week for you to try your hand at gelato- making, ultimate Frisbee, leather binding, museum touring or, to cool off with a dip in the local pool. We will always give you at least two-to-three options to choose from just to make sure there is something for everyone. Day Trips In addition to showing you all of the most celebrated and “lesser known” cultural sites in Florence, the program allows you to explore cities outside Florence and even Tuscany each week. From hiking along the cliffs on the Italian Riviera to following in the footsteps (and postures) of millions as you “lean” in front of the tower in Pisa, you and your new friends will be able to explore some of the legendary sites that make Italy one of the most visited countries in all of Europe.
Rome This final portion of the Florence-Rome program includes four days of cultural discovery in Italy’s capital. Saying “Arrivederci” to Florence will be difficult, but greeting Rome with an enthusiastic “Ciao Roma!” will no doubt ease your pain.
Hosting such influential sites as the Coliseum, the Roman Forum, and the Pantheon, this excursion allows you to study first hand some of the most important cultural landmarks of Western Civilization. From throwing coins over your shoulder into the Trevi Fountain to sketching on the Spanish Steps, you will have the opportunity to experience every aspect of this city’s dynamic history.
Optional Travel Extension – Venice Join us for a sunset gondola ride through the famous canals of Venice! With its looming fortresses, breathtaking architecture, and history of naval dominance, Venice is the perfect location to examine the intersections of art, history and present-day Italian culture. During this optional five-day travel extension at the Florence-Rome program’s end, you will enjoy a varied daily itinerary that balances cultural tours and leisure activities.
From an afternoon chat with friends over espresso con panna in one of the city’s many cafés to taking in a street performance in Piazza San Marco, get ready to learn the story of how Venice influenced centuries of European history.
• ISSOS offers summer school programs for international students aged between 13 - 18 years of age in July and August in St. Andrews University.
• St Andrews is situated on the beautiful east coast of Scotland, approximately 50 miles (80km) north-east of Edinburgh and 80 miles (130 km) north-east of Glasgow. We also run a summer school in Cambridge, England.
• ISSOS offers teenagers a balanced summer experience of academia, fun and culture, where students can learn within an encouraging environment while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Our 3-week summer school programs are all-inclusive.
• We limit the number of students from one nationality to 10% in order to guarantee a truly international experience. International students come from all over the world, representing over 60 nationalities, creating a multicultural atmosphere.
• Students study one academic subject and one elective subject. In addition, we provide a full program of activities, trips, cultural enrichment and the ISSOS Highland Games.
• Students will be picked up by a uniformed member of staff at the selected international airports and accompanied to St Andrews.
Student Review: "There is one word that describes ISSOS, amazing! ISSOS is an exceptional school and the staff work perfectly together. The social activities are great, a brilliant way of getting to know students from other classes and electives." - Axel, Finland
Currently, Travel Sport Camp and its affiliate EduKick, host schools and camps in 11 different countries on four continents and continues to grow on a global scale. Travel Sport Camp offers summer sports camps for boys and girls from 11 years old in Perugia, the capital city of the region of Umbria in central Italy.
In our summer camps, all sport training sessions, classes and social activities are conducted in the native language to maximize the educational value of the experience. Daily professional sports training and daytime language and/or chosen curriculum taught by highly qualified teachers make up the core of the TSC program. A carefully chosen selection of evening cultural activities, supervised social events and weekend trips to popular tourist attractions and historical destinations rounds out the experience.
AC Milan Football Academy Camps & Juventus Summer Soccer Schools
Courses / Programs
• Soccer Camps International is an experienced global leader in facilitating entry to some of the most prestigious soccer camps in Italy and Europe.
• We work in association with legendary Italian soccer clubs AC Milan and Juventus to deliver quality residential and day summer soccer camps for boys from around the globe.
• AC Milan Football Academy Camps are run in 4 locations in the Venice area, and are suitable for boys ages 7-16. Juventus Summer Soccer Schools are for boys ages 8-17, and take place in 4 locations in Northern & Central Italy (2 in Turin, 1 close to Trento, and 1 in Abruzzo).
• These soccer camps are designed for having fun and playing with the other boys. Your one or two weeks are spent learning to respect each other and learn new skills.
• In addition to our Italian soccer camps, we also provide entry to top camps in Spain (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid), France (PSG & Bordeaux), and England (Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea).
Parent Testimonial: "Stone had such an amazing experience at camp this summer! We are definitely bringing him back for another year. The staff and counselors were great. Thank you to all of your staff and counselors as this was one of his best experiences ever!!! - Parents of Stone, USA, AC Milan Junior Camps
AC Milan Football Academy Camps: • For boys ages 7-16 years
• 1 or 2 week soccer sessions (Max 2 weeks)
• Residential and Day camp options
• Goalkeeper practice available during all sessions
• Camps taught in Italian (some coaches teach in English)
• 4 locations in the Venice area (North-east Italy)
Juventus Summer Soccer Schools: • For boys ages 8-17 years
• 1 or 2 week soccer sessions (Max 2 weeks)
• Residential and Day camp options
• Specific Goalkeeper practice available
• Camps taught in Italian only
• 4 locations in Northern & Central Italy
Abbey Road Programs offer the academic and cultural immersion trip of a lifetime for high school students in Grades 9-12. If your child has a keen interest in European history, philosophy, art, archaeology, and mythology, our History of Western Civilization summer program offers all this and more. The trip combines travel, adventure, history and cultural immersion as students spend 6 nights each in Rome, Florence, Athens, and Paris, traveling and exploring alongside our staff of expert instructors, who specialize in European history from Ancient Greece to Renaissance Rome.
The Rome leg of the program includes a visit to Pompeii before we continue to Rome - the Eternal City, where you learn about emperors from Augustus to Constantine, with excursions to the Colosseum, Pantheon, Vatican and visits to other relics of their legacies.
The History of Western Civilization Course gives students a unique opportunity to discuss Athenian daily life at the Ancient Agora right underneath the Acropolis in Athens, marvel at Michelangelo’s works in Florence’s Piazza della Signoria, contemplate Louis XIV’s idea of Absolutism while sitting in the gardens of Versailles, and walk in Caesar’s footsteps in the Roman Forum. Watch European history come to life!
The Bilingual Montessori School of Milan is a preschool for children ages three to six years, located close to the city centre of Milan, Italy. We provide bilingual education to our students: In both classrooms, a team of two teachers, one an Italian speaker and the other an English speaker, collaborate using a bilingual approach to education.
The two teachers take turns with the childrens' activities, while communicating in their native tongues. The bilingual approach is particularly appropriate for a Montessori classroom, where teachers typically emphasize individualized interaction with the students.
The preschool includes two multi-age bilingual Montessori classrooms. The classrooms are designed to provide an accessible, safe and inviting environment for each child. The furniture is child-sized, allowing easy access to a wide range of carefully selected activities around the room. Each child chooses her or his activities freely, feeling safe in the knowledge that the teacher is always nearby and ready to support their efforts.
St. Stephen's School is an international day and boarding school for high school students located in the heart of Rome, Italy. Each summer we offer English-speaking summer enrichment programs which are open to high school students from around the world. The programs offer a focus on the arts, classics and the humanities, and are built around the “extra-mural” approach to learning, in which the magnificent city of Rome itself is the classroom. The programs’ diverse course offerings provide a challenging experience that will open students’ hearts and minds while fostering an understanding and love for the history and culture of Rome and Italy.
Students focus on the city itself in courses such as Introduction to Ancient Rome, Renaissance Art in Rome, Modern Italy, Italian Language, Latin, City Drawing, Photography, Italian Music Appreciation, Dance, Creative Writing, Italian Literature, Studio Art, and Italian Cooking.
Weekend trips include visits to sites outside of Rome, such as Pompeii and the Bay of Naples area, Orvieto, or Florence.