Admissions to special education schools in Houston TX: Private school for gifted kids with Aspergers Syndrome, autism, special needs programs for elementary school & middle school students with ADHD, ADD. Private tutoring for young children & teens with anxiety, emotional issues..
The Journey School of Houston: Situated in the Lazybrook / Timbergrove area of north-west Houston TX, The Journey School of Houston is a therapeutic private school serving bright children from age 5 through to 8th Grade.
Many of our students are gifted, talented, exceptional students with anxiety, ADHD, ADD, OCD, Asperger's, social-emotional delays, or children who have been through a trauma.
• Conveniently situated in the Rice Village area of south-central Houston TX, close to Downtown, Crossing Borders provides quality bilingual preschool programs for toddlers up to kindergarten age children (18 months - 5 years).
• Spanish & English classes are available for kids ages 1-5, while French and Chinese classes are available for potty-trained children ages 3-5.
• We offer full immersion preschool programs for non-native speakers as well as native speakers. Children as young as 18-months-old are immersed in our language programs where they learn in a nurturing environment.
• Our curriculum is designed to immerse children in a different language in an organic way using games, songs, activities, to help them participate, understand, and speak the new language.
• Our academic curriculum is advanced, and challenges our students to learn subjects (Math, Science, Art, etc.) in a second language, becoming bilingual.
• All of our teachers are native speakers who are devoted into developing their students to become independent so they are prepared for their future. Our curriculum is flexible, offering parents full-time and part-time school times (2 ,3 & 5 days) as well as before and after care.
Parent Review: "Simply said, we love Crossing Borders. Started with 2 days a week, for my almost 2 year old son, and immediately noticed tremendous growth in both Spanish language comprehension and other skills. Ms Joselyn is a wonderful teacher. We are changing to 5 days a week. - Stephanie
Bilingual Preschool Programs for toddlers to kindergarten kids ages 18 months - 5 years:
• Spanish Immersion Preschool (ages 1-5)
• Spanish Kindergarten Program for 5 year olds
• Mandarin Chinese Immersion Preschool (ages 3-5)
• French Immersion Preschool (ages 3-5)
• English Immersion (18-months to 5 years)
• English for Toddlers
• English Preschool (for kids ages 2-3)
• After-School Child Care / Enrichment Program
• Spanish Summer Camps
• English Summer Camps
Parents can choose to send their child for 2, 3, or 5 days a week.
Montessori Children's House, located in Fort Worth, Texas, is a child-centered, dynamic school offering programs for children aged 18 months to 12 years. Children are encouraged to learn by doing. They choose work from multi-sensory Montessori materials that provide them with experiences at a concrete level then progress toward abstraction by integrating complexity. Multi-age groupings give them the opportunity to learn from other students and to participate in cooperative projects. Interdependence rather than competition is encouraged to foster high self-esteem.
Montessori Children's House is a fully accredited school with the American Montessori Society (AMS). Our music program is accredited by Musikgarten.
Conveniently located in Missouri City TX, in Fort Bend County just 20 minutes from Downtown Houston, Little Wonders Learning Center provides Reggio Emilia-inspired education programs for children from infants through elementary school.
Our curriculum is child-centered and based on the Reggio Emilia approach - which promotes education through the development of all of their languages: expressive, communicative, symbolic, cognitive, ethical, metaphorical, logical, imaginative and relational.
• Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) provides high-quality, NCAA-approved homeschool programs for K-12 students in Texas, throughout the United States, and internationally.
• Accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC), we have offered online homeschool, independent study and distance learning programs since 1997.
• At ALA, we are committed to providing a positive learning environment for every student. We recognize that each child is an individual, and provide customized instruction for students of all levels.
• The primary benefit of homeschooling is the one-to-one student-teacher ratio. Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• We use Odysseyware Curriculum, which includes core and elective courses, and allows for comprehensive, customized programs for each student. In addition, we offer a diverse range of electives, administrative tools, and assessment applications to facilitate learning and teaching in an online environment.
• Our program also provides clubs and special events which are held live online so that your child or teenager can interact with other students in real time.
• On successful completion of the program, high school seniors are awarded a homeschool diploma and an official transcript stating they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
Fort Worth Save Our Children, located on the south-east side of Fort Worth in North Central Texas, is a daycare facility and private school offering programs to children ages 6 months to 13 years old. From it's beginnings as a daycare facility in a tiny rented house, Save Our Children has grown to a facility housed in three buildings and serving over 100 young people.
The hard work and dedication of the Save Our Children staff has resulted in toddlers that recognize and write alphabets and numbers, kindergartners who are able to read and perform mathematical tasks above grade, as well as first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth graders who typically excel one to two years beyond their peers academically.
Located in the Houston Heights area just north of Downtown Houston TX, The New School in the Heights is a private, special needs school for K-8th Grade children with ADHD, OCD, Asperger's, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Sensory Integration, selective mutism, reactive attachment disorder (RAD) and other diagnoses where children struggle with social-emotional issues.
Although we are not exclusively a private school for gifted children, many of our students are gifted and talented as G/T children tend to struggle with emotions they have not yet learned to manage. Our goal for all students is to return to mainstream education.
Our mission is to provide an alternative educational experience for children with good or superior intelligence whose social-emotional delays interfere with success in school and life. New School in the Heights is accredited by TAAPS (Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools).